Greg Schiano appears in line to become Patriots DC (update: Official)

YoloinOhio

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just got fired at Ohio State. Has ties to Belichick.

His twin boys will be playing football at Amherst College in the fall. 

I am THRILLED by this move. Last season Barrett handcuffed our offense. This season, Schiano handicapped our defense. 

If you would have told me after last season that Daboll did a much better job than Schiano in 2018, I would have been shocked.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I am THRILLED by this move. Last season Barrett handcuffed our offense. This season, Schiano handicapped our defense. 

If you would have told me after last season that Daboll did a much better job than Schiano in 2018, I would have been shocked.

Huh?

10 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

He’s probably a better NFL DC than college DC. His defense is too complex and pro style for the varying levels of talent and experience at the college level. Conversely i think he is a better college HC than NFL HC. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s probably a better NFL DC than college DC. His defense is too complex and pro style for the varying levels of talent and experience at the college level. Conversely i think he is a better college HC than NFL HC. 

I just hope he finds a way to neutralize the Pats LBs like he did the Bucks!! Hope he gets Bill Davis on the phone

9 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

LOL.  Despised by his players.

Will field an all Rutgers D.

His college players liked him. I think he’s a better fit for college kids. But just not as DC. He will inherit the McCourty brothers for the Rutgers flavor. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

In Tampa, he thought he had to exhibit discipline, but never worked.  He most likely will not do well unless BB is really calling the plays.

He does now, I think. If he assumed Flores “DC” position he basically be LB coach and def assistant. 

2 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I'm thrilled.  Terrible human and a terrible coach.  

Yes if not an even bigger reason to dislike the Patriots. This guy when he was at Rutgers had one good season, was about a .500 coach his tenure there but thought he was God.  I heard a giant douche as well behind the scenes 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, aristocrat said:

could compete for the post belichick era. 

Let's be real.  McDaniels is being groomed to take over.  If him turning down the HC job in Indianapolis last year and him taking himself out of any Head coaching jobs this season isn't an indicator of that, then I don't know what is. 

10 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Let's be real.  McDaniels is being groomed to take over.  If him turning down the HC job in Indianapolis last year and him taking himself out of any Head coaching jobs this season isn't an indicator of that, then I don't know what is. 

I agree that he’s the heir apparent.  But he did interview for the Packers job, he just didn’t get it. And he was reportedly interested in the Browns job, but they didn’t reach out to him. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree that he’s the heir apparent.  But he did interview for the Packers job, he just didn’t get it. And he was reportedly interested in the Browns job, but they didn’t reach out to him. 

he probably would've turned those down too.  I honestly think he's just selling himself short during that interview and throwing smoke in what he's interested in.  He's definitely their heir apparent. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m guessing the Packers interview involved free brats. 

That’s a weird deal up there. You want a Franchise QB, but do you want to deal with Aaron Rodgers? Of course there’s the weather to consider. My sister lives nearby. They are getting above zero most days this week for the highs.