Josh Allen has been working with Jordan Palmer with McDermott's blessing

Just now, #34fan said:

:lol: You don't get it, do you?  -You never had a point here.   Neither did Doc, K-9, codered, or Tranny…. I'm not excited about Jordan Palmer working with my franchise rookie... I find

his lack of coaching experience on any level worrisome.

YOUR rookie QB... Maybe Terry, Beane, and coach forgot to run it by you first, whoops! IT's not like Josh is the only player to use Palmer's company for off-season work. Josh made good strides last year in the off-season leading up to the draft in his mechanics. That is directly attributable to Palmer. How do you think he found Palmer in the first place? My guess is he was recommended by people that actually know, not some fan on a message board who has no clue about Palmer's coaching ability. Like I said before, maybe Palmer wants nothing to do with coaching on a team. I myself would enjoy the autonomy of running my own company, having free-time, and probably making more than a QB coach would in the NFL.

What makes anyone think that Anderson would be a better coach than Culley and his 18 years of coaching experience?

Besides, Allen is already working with Jordan Palmer and Jim Kelly...

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/25/buffalo-bills-jim-kelly-josh-allen-pro-bowl-kyle-williams-one-on-one-coverage-vic-carucci-nfl-football/

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/1/24/18194899/josh-allen-working-out-with-former-nfl-quarterback-jordan-palmer-buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott

and Carson Palmer believes Josh Allen is the best QB from the 2018 draft...

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/01/25/josh-allen-buffalo-bills-2019-training-jordan-palmer/2676780002/

Edited by The Senator

2 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Maybe you should look at who posts what, because you only quoted me once, but then said, "you clearly picked up when you said:" Umm... that wasn't my post you attributed me to.

Anyways, ok whatever, don't use Belicheck then. Shall we begin naming the COUNTLESS NFL coaches that were not good players or perhaps that ones that never played a single down of football outside of college:

Jeff Garrett

Gary Kubiak

Doug Pederson

Sean Payton

Mike McCoy

Jay Gruden

Jim Caldwell

Pete Carroll

Mike Tomlin

Marvin Lewis

Bruce Arians

John Fox

Andy Reid

Mike McCarthy

Dan Quinn

John Harbaugh

Chip Kelly

These are just a list of people that made it to the head coach position. Some were good HC's some weren't, but were great positional coaches and got the chance. They all have the same thing in common, they were not good players at the NFL level, some didn't even play in the NFL.

Yikes!..This isn't a post, -It's evidence of traumatic brain injury...  Sounds like you had a helmet-to-helmet with no helmet.  :lol:

37 minutes ago, The Senator said:

What makes anyone think that Anderson would be a better coach than Culley and his 18 years of coaching experience?

Besides, Allen is already working with Jordan Palmer and Jim Kelly...

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/25/buffalo-bills-jim-kelly-josh-allen-pro-bowl-kyle-williams-one-on-one-coverage-vic-carucci-nfl-football/

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/1/24/18194899/josh-allen-working-out-with-former-nfl-quarterback-jordan-palmer-buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott

and Carson Palmer believes Josh Allen is the best QB from the 2018 draft...

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/01/25/josh-allen-buffalo-bills-2019-training-jordan-palmer/2676780002/

I hadn't heard that is there anymore info about this?

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Oh no?  See below:

DUH!  One JUNK comparison from a ridiculous assertion, -which I never made.   A mantle of bull*** you clearly picked up when  you said::

It's a  bull**** point, since I never said you did.   -What I did say was:

I have long been a proponent of putting Reich on the payroll... You see the effect he's had as a coach in places like PHI, SDG, and now IND.  -Taking a 1-5 team to the playoffs with a QB many thought was done.  -Classic Reich comeback.  OBD should have pursued him with more fervor.

Bottom line:   Jordan Palmer STILL does not have the coaching credentials I'd need to be happy about him working with my rookie.   His marginal pro career is the only credential in a resume devoid of verified NFL coaching experience.

To your assertion that he's helped Josh with mechanics, I can only say that Josh could have gone to any number of sources for that assistance. -Including YouTube!

There are literally guys on the street that could have helped Josh with his mechanics.  Until I see what we have in September, I'm not willing to credit Palmer with anything.

IMO, Allen is too valuable not to have consistent, in-season, coaching and development. 

:) So good to have you in my life again, Tranny.  -Do you mind if I shorten your handle?

My problem is you only present Reich as another option, and he (even if we had hired to the Bills) would not be allowed to coach Josh right now.  Please give us something constructive by telling us someone Josh Allen should be training with.  And please remember he is not allowed to practice with the staff per the CBA

2 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

and here comes the ad hominem

:rolleyes: Not fair... Your brain damage is evident at this point. 

You keep bringing up a point that I never made, in an argument about something that's not negotiable for me.

I'm not excited about Palmer working with Allen.   -IMO, he doesn't have the kind of experience that inspires confidence. 

Period.

You could spread the reasons for that over a wide area... Do Palmer's lousy pro and college careers bother me? -Of course... But mostly because of his lack of league coaching experience... You could also look at other Jordan Alumni like Bortles, and Hackenberg…  Again, -not inspiring confidence.

Is Palmer better than nothing?  -Maybe not.  I'm not willing to grant him anything until I see September's product.

I'd like to see him come back with improved mechanics on all throws. It seemed like the work he put in to keep his hips from opening up on throws to the left kind of messed him up on throws to the right (perhaps because Josh was comfortable enough and strong enough to make throws to the right with open hips?). 

In any event, let's put this accuracy issue to bed. Come back making all the throws, including the touch throws, and hopefully with better weapons and a better understanding of what's happening out there he can take a big step forward in year two.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

With the itchy trigger fingers certain mods have these days, you're just begging to be banned.

:o Wow. That's a little low..... I  thought we stopped putting people out there to get blasted by mods... It's a  harmless animated conversation featuring a few jabs...

I'm not hurt... -Is anybody hurt???  -We're just talking, here...

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

I have no doubt it's coming soon.

E tu?   Wow, you guys are shaaaady…. -I thought we were just talking for crying out loud.

Edited by #34fan

13 minutes ago, #34fan said:

You keep bringing up a point that I never made, in an argument about something that's not negotiable for me.

I'm not excited about Palmer working with Allen.   -IMO, he doesn't have the kind of experience that inspires confidence. 

Period.

You could spread the reasons for that over a wide area... Do Palmer's lousy pro and college careers bother me? -Of course... But mostly because of his lack of league coaching experience... You could also look at other Jordan Alumni like Bortles, and Hackenberg…  Again, -not inspiring confidence.

Is Palmer better than nothing?  -Maybe not.  I'm not willing to grant him anything until I see September's product.

You have made the point several times (and even in the post you claim you didn't, HINT: it's bolded above) that Palmer's poor play as a QB is evidence that he can not coach. You also stated that his lack of coaching on a team is evidence, but I have yet to see you argue against the point I made twice, that maybe he doesn't WANT to coach on a team. You insinuated that Palmer is unsuccessful in his coaching career because he doesn't coach on a team, but you have NO idea why he doesn't. Not everyone dreams of making less money, working crazy long hours, and having a boss to report to. He owns his OWN business, do you? Would you turn down the opportunity to have your own business that makes more money doing what you do AND you have more free time? I sure wouldn't. I'm sure he has his reasons for not coaching on a team, because his reputation for what he does would certainly grant him the opportunity starting at some level on one of the 32.

NFL rules state you can not work with an NFL coach of any team, at any level of coaching, during the off-season except for very few select dates. Palmer's coaching company fills that void.

I don't care about garbage QB's he's coached before, you can only do so much with someone. Being a good coach doesn't mean you can turn anyone into a franchise QB. If this was the case there would be 32 franchise QB's in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, #34fan said:

:o Wow. That's a little low..... I  thought we stopped putting people out there to get blasted by mods... It's a  harmless animated conversation featuring a few jabs...

I'm not hurt... -Is anybody hurt???  -We're just talking, here...

I haven't reported anyone. I rarely do. But you're getting personal calling people stupid and questioning brain cell counts.

Yeah, that's not just talking. 

And the fact that the arguments you're actually trying to make in the context of this topic are weak and unsubstantiated makes it that much worse.

At the very least, if you choose to insult someone's intelligence, do it while you're making intelligent contributions yourself so you have a leg to stand on.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

My problem is you only present Reich as another option, and he (even if we had hired to the Bills) would not be allowed to coach Josh right now.  Please give us something constructive by telling us someone Josh Allen should be training with.  And please remember he is not allowed to practice with the staff per the CBA

Fair enough...  When I mention Reich, I am looking in the rear view...

I actually think Allen is fine until OTA's start... If anything he should be studying film... Not just of himself, but of successful playoff offenses.

I've never been an 'Allen'  guy... But I do think he's talented enough to develop his own effective style with help during the RS and OTA's

Who should that help consist of?  -I have Ideas... But shouldn't OBD be doing their homework on that?

4 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I actually think Allen is fine until OTA's start... If anything he should be studying film... Not just of himself, but of successful playoff offenses.

I think he did say he was going to watch the film on the playoff teams.

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Who should that help consist of?  -I have Ideas... But shouldn't OBD be doing their homework on that?

OBD has already approved of him working with Palmer and you may disagree with that but I'm going to go ahead and go with the guys with actual NFL experience on this one.?

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I haven't reported anyone. I rarely do. But you're getting personal calling people stupid and questioning brain cell counts.

Yeah, that's not just talking. 

And the fact that the arguments you're actually trying to make in the context of this topic are weak and unsubstantiated makes it that much worse.

At the very least, if you choose to insult someone's intelligence, do it while you're making intelligent contributions yourself so you have a leg to stand on.

I think you tell far too many lies to be the moral compass of this board....

You lied about me hating Josh Allen, and you lied about me hating the Bills.

It's no surprise, you're now lying about me calling someone "stupid".

If you're "intelligent contribution" to the thread is little more than a pile of horse****

then what leg are you standing on?

20 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think he did say he was going to watch the film on the playoff teams.

OBD has already approved of him working with Palmer and you may disagree with that but I'm going to go ahead and go with the guys with actual NFL experience on this one.?

I'm glad Josh is in the film room...   I'd still like it if Palmer got a real job....  Trent Dilfer is coaching High School, for crying out loud....

If Palmer gets on OBD's payroll, and has a positive effect on Josh from there,  I'd be impressed.

7 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I think you tell far too many lies to be the moral compass of this board....

You lied about me hating Josh Allen, and you lied about me hating the Bills.

It's no surprise, you're now lying about me calling someone "stupid".

If you're "intelligent contribution" to the thread is little more than a pile of horse****

then what leg are you standing on?

yeah, stupid and brain dead are not the same, are they. I wouldn't call you either but one thing I have noticed since you started polluting this thread is that you whine a lot. are you a whiner?

yes, I do believe you are.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Period.

This is the second time I’ve seen where you list a couple QB busts as examples of Palmers’s inability.

Please provide a list of the greatest QB coaches of all time. I’ll bet I can find examples of QBs they coached that didn’t turn out well.