Josh Allen has been working with Jordan Palmer with McDermott's blessing

15 minutes ago, #34fan said:

A football prodigy who took a $25 a week job assisting Ted Marchibroda on the Baltimore colts?

:lol:

Your arguments against honest work would be hilarious if they weren't so pitiful.

Arguments against honest work? WTF are you referring to? I certainly didn’t imply Belichick didn’t work hard for everything he earned along the way, just that he “started” his career in football as a child breaking down game film for and assisting his dad in game plans, etc. I thought my intent was obvious. You just missed it. 

But back to the point; that is your take on Palmer’s ability as an instructor of QB fundamentals is absurd, lacks any factual insight, and contradicts what his own clients have stated. 

But perhaps the biggest laugher was your asinine suggestion that if Palmer were so good, he’d be a coach in the league. He’s making hundreds of thousands of dollars preparing QBs for the combine and the leadup to the draft as well as having several clients that continue to work with him after their careers have begun. Becoming a coach would mean an astronomical cut in pay. Why would he even entertain the idea? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

Who's nonsense?  -Your nonsense?

All I wanted was a coach who's actually coached somewhere before.   -Someone with a point of reference besides their own terrible career.

Are you simple?  NFL coaches can't have coach players outside of minicamps, OTA's, and training camp.  So if you think Josh should be working with an NFL coach, he can't for another 4 months. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You and Foxx must be like best friends....

I guess curmudgeon stick together.

What are you talking about? What is curmudgeon about anything I said? Josh Allen has been working out with a QB coach he’s previously worked with. Is it time to argue about nonsense?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

At this point I think he's just specifically ignoring this.

My Bull**** filter won't allow you to use things I never said to support your DOA argument.

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

Arguments against honest work? WTF are you referring to? I certainly didn’t imply Belichick didn’t work hard for everything he earned along the way, just that he “started” his career in football as a child breaking down game film for and assisting his dad in game plans, etc. I thought my intent was obvious. You just missed it. 

Bill Belichick started his coaching career as an assistant making 25 bucks a week.  It was a real coaching job in the NFL.  Something Palmer has yet to pull off.

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

But back to the point; that is your take on Palmer’s ability as an instructor of QB fundamentals is absurd, lacks any factual insight, and contradicts what his own clients have stated. 

Because he's done wonders for Blake Bortles, Christian Hackenberg, and Sean Mannion. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Are you simple?  NFL coaches can't have coach players outside of minicamps, OTA's, and training camp.  So if you think Josh should be working with an NFL coach, he can't for another 4 months. 

You just can't anchor your wretched argument, can you? -Not even by making up things I didn't say.

2 minutes ago, #34fan said:

My Bull**** filter won't allow you to use things I never said to support your DOA argument.

Bill Belichick started his coaching career as an assistant making 25 bucks a week.  It was a real coaching job in the NFL.  Something Palmer has yet to pull off.

Because he's done wonders for Blake Bortles, Christian Hackenberg, and Sean Mannion. :lol: 

You just can't anchor your wretched argument, can you? -Not even by making up things I didn't say.

? complains about me saying he is ignoring a point...then precedes to ignore said point again.

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Yeah apparently you don't say any of the things you actually say.  Because your arguments are so inane you have to run away from them.  It's comedy gold!

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

? complains about me saying he is ignoring a point...then precedes to ignore said point again.

I find it best to ignore the insane... i.e. anyone who compares Jordan Palmer's coaching chops to those of Bill Belichick.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah apparently you don't say any of the things you actually say.  Because your arguments are so inane you have to run away from them.  It's comedy gold!

I don't run away from a damn thing... I could use a mercy flush from all your bull****, though. :beer:

Edited by #34fan

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

He's had this job for several years now and has been hired repeatedly by some of the top QB prospects of each draft.

I mean I've also brought up that after working with him Allen's mechanics actually seemed to improve but you just seem to like to ignore that point.

6 hours ago, Logic said:

It's funny. Allen seemed to improve greatly under Palmer between the Senior Bowl and training camp with the Bills.

But I'm sure you know better. Because, ya know, no former bad or mediocre NFL player has ever gone on to succeed as a coach or anything ?

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I find it best to ignore the insane... i.e. anyone who compares Jordan Palmer's coaching chops to those of Bill Belichick.

I don't run away from a damn thing... I could use a mercy flush from all you bull****, though. :beer:

No one has made that comparison. The only point people have made involving Belichick is that you don't have to of been a great NFL QB to be a good QB coach.

7 hours ago, #34fan said:

I understand now; you’re not a fan of finer points or the big picture. A rare combination. 

Omg. What a thread.  

May I offer my 2 cents 

1) if someone post something that is offensive and or insulting and false 

Use the report features 

2) If you don’t want to “snitch “Use the ignore user feature.  

3) if you still harbor bad feelings from BBMB 

Get over it and use #2 

On 1/26/2019 at 4:40 AM, #34fan said:

Belichick:

Coached 42 years, for 7 pro teams, won 2 superbowls as a coordinator, and 5 superbowls as head coach.

Jordan Palmer:

7-year NFL QB who started 0 games, and racked up 11 career completions.

Hint:  One's a real coach, the other's just a failed QB looking for work.

HINT: You helped make my point. You don't have to be a good player to be a good coach, ie: Belichek. I never argued PAlmer is a good coach. I myself, like everyone on this board, have no clue what type of coach he is. Just because he is not coaching on a team at any level doesn't prove a damn thing. Maybe he enjoys running his own company, not spending 20 hrs a day coaching/preparing, etc... Hell, he probably makes more money coaching players in the off-season than he would as a QB coach for an NFL team.

13 hours ago, Warcodered said:

No one has made that comparison.

Oh no?  See below:

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:10 PM, Herc11 said:

So how was Belicheks pro football career as a player? Oh that's right he never played pro football cause he wasn't any good in college. Being a good player has nothing to do with coaching ability.

DUH!  One JUNK comparison from a ridiculous assertion, -which I never made.   A mantle of bull*** you clearly picked up when  you said::

13 hours ago, Warcodered said:

The only point people have made involving Belichick is that you don't have to of been a great NFL QB to be a good QB coach.

It's a  bull**** point, since I never said you did.   -What I did say was:

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:36 AM, #34fan said:

We could have had Frank Reich! :o

We're supposed to get all excited becuz Josh is working with a former marginal pro/college QB.

I have long been a proponent of putting Reich on the payroll... You see the effect he's had as a coach in places like PHI, SDG, and now IND.  -Taking a 1-5 team to the playoffs with a QB many thought was done.  -Classic Reich comeback.  OBD should have pursued him with more fervor.

Bottom line:   Jordan Palmer STILL does not have the coaching credentials I'd need to be happy about him working with my rookie.   His marginal pro career is the only credential in a resume devoid of verified NFL coaching experience.

To your assertion that he's helped Josh with mechanics, I can only say that Josh could have gone to any number of sources for that assistance. -Including YouTube!

There are literally guys on the street that could have helped Josh with his mechanics.  Until I see what we have in September, I'm not willing to credit Palmer with anything.

IMO, Allen is too valuable not to have consistent, in-season, coaching and development. 

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Jesus who is this #34fan and why does he hate Josh Allen, the Bills, and distort reality? :doh:

:) So good to have you in my life again, Tranny.  -Do you mind if I shorten your handle?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Oh no?  See below:

DUH!  One JUNK comparison from a ridiculous assertion, -which I never made.   A mantle of bull*** you clearly picked up when  you said::

It's a  bull**** point, since I never said you did.   -What I did say was:

I have long been a proponent of putting Reich on the payroll... You see the effect he's had as a coach in places like PHI, SDG, and now IND.  -Taking a 1-5 team to the playoffs with a QB many thought was done.  -Classic Reich comeback.  OBD should have pursued him with more fervor.

Bottom line:   Jordan Palmer STILL does not have the coaching credentials I'd need to be happy about him working with my rookie.   His marginal pro career is the only credential in a resume devoid of verified NFL coaching experience.

To your assertion that he's helped Josh with mechanics, I can only say that Josh could have gone to any number of sources for that assistance. -Including YouTube!

There are literally guys on the street that could have helped Josh with his mechanics.  Until I see what we have in September, I'm not willing to credit Palmer with anything.

IMO, Allen is too valuable not to have consistent, in-season, coaching and development. 

:) So good to have you in my life again, Tranny.  -Do you mind if I shorten your handle?

Maybe you should look at who posts what, because you only quoted me once, but then said, "you clearly picked up when you said:" Umm... that wasn't my post you attributed me to.

Anyways, ok whatever, don't use Belicheck then. Shall we begin naming the COUNTLESS NFL coaches that were not good players or perhaps that ones that never played a single down of football outside of college:

Jeff Garrett

Gary Kubiak

Doug Pederson

Sean Payton

Mike McCoy

Jay Gruden

Jim Caldwell

Pete Carroll

Mike Tomlin

Marvin Lewis

Bruce Arians

John Fox

Andy Reid

Mike McCarthy

Dan Quinn

John Harbaugh

Chip Kelly

These are just a list of people that made it to the head coach position. Some were good HC's some weren't, but were great positional coaches and got the chance. They all have the same thing in common, they were not good players at the NFL level, some didn't even play in the NFL.

19 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

HINT: You helped make my point.

:lol: You don't get it, do you?  -You never had a point here.   Neither did Doc, K-9, codered, or Tranny…. I'm not excited about Jordan Palmer working with my franchise rookie... I find his lack of coaching experience on any level, worrisome.

Edited by #34fan