Josh Allen has been working with Jordan Palmer with McDermott's blessing

5 hours ago, #34fan said:

JMO, but teachers provide information, and instruction with no real plan for you to be ultimately successful

Er go,  you might still fail.  A good coach actively prevents your failure with a plan for you to succeed.  His money is in guaranteed results.

-Or should be.  

So you seem to acknowledge here that Palmer is a good teacher, but not a coach.

Well, lucky for us he's actually coordinating with Allen's coach :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The Bills HC has seemingly given his approval to Allen working with him.

The happy-clapper has gotten a few other things wrong as well.

28 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

there did seem to be a visible improvement to his mechanics.

Where?  -In his legs?

29 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So is your logic that Jordan Palmer can't be successful at teaching/training QBs because he hasn't already been successful at it? How does anyone start to do anything in your world?

Start where everyone starts...  Assistant, Assistant coordinator, Coordinator, etc. -NOT with the future of my franchise who I traded two whole rounds to get.

Sadly. that means actual accountability to management, and Palmer hasn't grown those kind of balls yet.

Better to declare yourself a guru, then watch the rubes line up.

39 minutes ago, DJB said:

Wait so because  Palmer never started any games that's  a negative ,  but Belichek  never even attempting  a pass isn't a negative ? 

:lol:  The 9 AFC championships mitigate the 0 passing attempt thing.

2 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Conversely he's also gotten things right.

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Where?  -In his legs?

You mean that area he's been known to need work in...yeah...did I miss something were there complaints about his upper body mechanics because I've missed those.

4 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Start where everyone starts...  Assistant, Assistant coordinator, Coordinator, etc. -NOT with the future of my franchise who I traded two whole rounds to get.

Sadly. that means actual accountability to management, and Palmer hasn't grown those kind of balls yet.

There was a niche where college QBs wanted to get ready for draft/NFL that he's filling I don't see why I should count that against him.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

There was a niche where college QBs wanted to get ready for draft/NFL that he's filling I don't see why I should count that against him.

And I don't see why a failed QB who's never held a 'coaching' job with any pro team should be molding my franchise QB.

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so Josh must be just wasting his time then according to this cold take.

Yah... Possibly even getting worse.

I expected this and it should continue the proper development of Joshs game...

I don’t expect to draft Tyree Jackson, even in the 5th-6th round 

we have 2 backups signed already who will be better prepared than Jackson next year. That leaves him 4th on the DC... we aren’t keeping 4 QBs

he would have to be added to the PS and at that point he would be scooped probably...I see him going mid round 5

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, #34fan said:

And I don't see why a failed QB who's never held a 'coaching' job with any pro team should be molding my franchise QB.

because he seems to of been able to help him improve his mechanics in the past.

45 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Exactly. I don’t know how Tom House stays in business. He was a pitcher for crying out loud!

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/tom-brady-explains-why-he-worked-throwing-coach-tom-house-last-week

51 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I don't think you have any concept of coaching.  Or teaching.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, bg17 said:

Exactly. I don’t know how Tom House stays in business. He was a pitcher for crying out loud!

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/tom-brady-explains-why-he-worked-throwing-coach-tom-house-last-week

Tom House. -The successful pitcher turned Phd. who actually coached for a half-dozen professional organizations.

:lol: Keep comparing apples to kumquats.

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I don't think you have any concept of coaching.  Or teaching.

Maybe I should be working with Allen.

Edited by #34fan

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Tom House. -The successful pitcher turned Phd. who actually coached for a half-dozen professional organizations.

Jamarcus Russell wouldn't even work with you.

35 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

because he seems to of been able to help him improve his mechanics in the past.

A homeless guy turned me on to a great cold remedy once. -Should he be my doctor?

Just now, Doc said:

Jamarcus Russell wouldn't even work with you.

Jamarcus Russell?  -The QB coach?

7 minutes ago, #34fan said:

A homeless guy turned me on to a great cold remedy once. -Should he be my doctor?

That's a terrible analogy. Was he a failed Doctor no wait was he a Doctor that failed to be one of the top 100 doctors in the world because that's about the only way to make that analogy work.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Where?  -In his legs?

:lol:  The 9 AFC championships mitigate the 0 passing attempt thing.

BB got the opportunity before he won 9 AFC Championships... so before he did all of that he was garbage right?

43 minutes ago, #34fan said:

If your definition of a coach is that he or she has to work or have worked for a professional team, then you need to lay off the weed for a while.

On 1/23/2019 at 3:13 PM, mattynh said:

Allen struggle to complete 50% and it was not because of the WR's.    He needs a lot of work on consistency/accuracy.   And he needs a lot of work in the short passing game also.

Lol

Right cause our wr only dropped 3 to 4 balls per game, drive enders. Did you watch the games??

12 minutes ago, #34fan said:

:lol: Says the guy who compared Jordan palmer to Bill Belichick!

I'm not sure you're paying attention because I never did that.

Also I'm pretty sure their point was that Bill Belichick has never played in the NFL and yet is still a good coach.

So just because Jordan Palmer wasn't a successful QB in the NFL doesn't mean he isn't a good QB coach.

12 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

BB got the opportunity before he won 9 AFC Championships... so before he did all of that he was garbage right?

BB started by getting a real  Job for an NFL team.  -He wasn't some hack peddling his meager position knowledge as a 'side hustle'.   :lol:

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If your definition of a coach is that he or she has to work or have worked for a professional team, then you need to lay off the weed for a while.

I also prefer lawyers who've been in front of judges before.  Shocking, I know. :rolleyes: