Josh Allen has been working with Jordan Palmer with McDermott's blessing

I don't really have a problem with someone trying to improve on their craft. Especially with McDermott making sure Palmer knows the terminology, some actual NFL game footage of Allen, and just working on the basics all seem like good things for a second year player. 

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

Allen struggle to complete 50% and it was not because of the WR's.    He needs a lot of work on consistency/accuracy.   And he needs a lot of work in the short passing game also.

Totally wrong.  Try again.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Love hearing about all players working their butts off to improve all the time. Not surprised by this as Josh has already proven he is DRIVEN to get better at his craft. Great and expected. 

This was my first thought.   He said when the season ended he was going to work on his game,.   Now it's two weeks after the season ended, and he's been working out with Palmer for two weeks.  He has McDermott's guidance about what he's supposed to be working on.  

Remember what McBeane have told us.   They want guys who are intense competitors, who want to get better all the time, and who are willing to work at it all the time.   Those are qualities they saw in Allen that, together with his physical talents, sold them on him.   We've seen the competitive nature, and now we're seeing the willingness to work.   

Love it.  

And, by the way, would people rather he worked out on his own, without any coach?  League rules prohibit him from working out with the Bills coaches, he can't work out with coaches of any other teams.   Jordan Palmer, whether it's valid or not, is recognized as one of the best.   What QB coach is sitting in his den waiting for Josh to call?   Is he better than Jordan Palmer?

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, NJKBillsfan said:

Accuracy issues with his throws.

Some throws were just way off target. 

I really, really believe you're wrong about this.   This issue has been argued a lot here.  

I think you'll find that most of the throws that you call "way off target" were the result of incomplete understanding and communication on the part of Allen and the receiver.   That doesn't have anything to do with accuracy - it comes from rookies throwing to rookies.  

26 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Accuracy issues with his throws.

Some throws were just way off target. 

Not to be seen as trying to throw shade on the next big thing, Patrick Mahomes, but I saw plenty of throws from him these last two weeks that were way off target.  It happens.  Most of Allen's completion percentage issue was due to drops, miscommunications, throw always, and simple rookie mistakes.  Very few way off target as you claim.  Some - sure.  Room for improvement - sure.  But accuracy issues with Allen are way overblown.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, #34fan said:

We could have had Frank Reich! :o

We're supposed to get all excited becuz Josh is working with a former marginal pro/college QB.

Josh doesn't need a teacher.  He needs a coach.

So how was Belicheks pro football career as a player? Oh that's right he never played pro football cause he wasn't any good in college. Being a good player has nothing to do with coaching ability.

4 hours ago, mattynh said:

Allen struggle to complete 50% and it was not because of the WR's.    He needs a lot of work on consistency/accuracy.   And he needs a lot of work in the short passing game also.

Not true.  KB only caught 30% of the passes to him.  90% of those he dropped 

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I really, really believe you're wrong about this.   This issue has been argued a lot here.  

I think you'll find that most of the throws that you call "way off target" were the result of incomplete understanding and communication on the part of Allen and the receiver.   That doesn't have anything to do with accuracy - it comes from rookies throwing to rookies.  

And since accuracy and Allen have been tied at the hip, we are far more prone to noticing even slightly-off throws. Every time I went to a different game this season (not that often, but often enough) to watch a Mahomes or a Big Ben, I was shocked at how many throws were off target and imperfect, because I lost my grip on the accuracy of normal NFL QBs.

This is not to say that Josh is more accurate than average, only that it's not as bad as you'd think by microanalyzing every Josh Allen throw without doing it to any other QB.

Edited by arcane

23 minutes ago, mattynh said:

All qbs have drops. 

So what?  Josh didn't struggle to complete 60% of his passes, much less the 50% you claimed.  Did you see any WR's making highlight reel catches this year, much less routinely?  And I'm not even talking about throwaways, miss-communications, and passes defensed.

5 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

@BringBackFergy and are are down for signing Palmer as the new starter. Get that guy in there (He throws a sweet spiral), and see what Josh Allen is worth on the trade market. 

At least have a five way QB competition: Palmer, Allen, Barkley, Anderson and the kid from UB that the guy above wants to burn a 5th round pick on. Let them battle it out. 

• Haha (+1) 2