ESPN has Jets taking Josh Allen 3rd in 18' draft redo

10 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

I don't have insider, so no telling who they have the Bills taking.

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Who does it have us drafting? And where did Edmunds get redrafted?

We take Rosen at 12 & Billy Price at 22 in round 1, and Rashaad Penny at 53 & Hayden Hurst at 56 in round 2. Edmunds went to Seattle w/ pick 18

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I was amazed when they took him over Rosen. Admittedly Rosen had a difficult rookie year, but his accuracy is way, way better than Allen's and he's still a rookie. I just don't see a very bright future for our Josh. Sooner or later, Bills fans will start to realize this.

I can't believe they thought he'd be #3 overall. Have they actually watched where most of his passes end up? He misses receivers by 5 ft when they are only 20 ft away from him.

Apparently, Allen's accuracy at throwing a football is greater than your accuracy in analyzing football...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I said before and I will say it again I was way wrong about the Allen pick. I was so upset when we took him over Rosen I made a scene at a relatively quiet neighborhood Buffalo Wild Wings. I ended up looking like a fool on a couple of counts that night!

Owning it is the first step to rehabbing your mojo--and BTW, there are other posters who still can't let the wrong Josh theme go, and have backed themselves into a corner where they have to hope that Allen busts, and it doesn't look so far like that's any kind of a safe bet any longer. Welcome to the light!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Apparently, Allen's accuracy at throwing a football is greater than your accuracy in analyzing football...

That parrot keeps repeating the same tired inaccuracies in every Josh Allen thread. Normally he invites everyone to flame away. He might as well say Polly want a cracker. Nobody cares.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I was amazed when they took him over Rosen. Admittedly Rosen had a difficult rookie year, but his accuracy is way, way better than Allen's and he's still a rookie. I just don't see a very bright future for our Josh. Sooner or later, Bills fans will start to realize this.

I can't believe they thought he'd be #3 overall. Have they actually watched where most of his passes end up? He misses receivers by 5 ft when they are only 20 ft away from him.

I think the more relevant question is whether you have watched where MOST of his passes ended up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I read this post four times and still have no idea how anyone who actually watched football this season could post it.  I mean, you actually typed "I just don't see a very bright future for our Josh" -- think about that.  The Bills went 4-3 with Allen over the final seven games (which could easily have been 6-1), and the guy accounted for five TDs himself in the final game of the season.  So the VERY LAST TIME we saw Josh Allen he provided the best performance by a BIlls QB since Jim Kelly.

Please don't get behind the wheel of a car, and make an eye doctor appointment ASAP.  It's obvious you are nearly blind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, eball said:

I read this post four times and still have no idea how anyone who actually watched football this season could post it.  I mean, you actually typed "I just don't see a very bright future for our Josh" -- think about that.  The Bills went 4-3 with Allen over the final seven games (which could easily have been 6-1), and the guy accounted for five TDs himself in the final game of the season.  So the VERY LAST TIME we saw Josh Allen he provided the best performance by a BIlls QB since Jim Kelly.

Please don't get behind the wheel of a car, and make an eye doctor appointment ASAP.  It's obvious you are nearly blind.

it may seriously be the worst take I've seen here in months. no joke. 

I also had to read it again to really appreciate it.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, GreggTX said:

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I said before and I will say it again I was way wrong about the Allen pick. I was so upset when we took him over Rosen I made a scene at a relatively quiet neighborhood Buffalo Wild Wings. I ended up looking like a fool on a couple of counts that night!

News flash, you weren't alone!

9 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I wanted Mayfield and when he went first I just went oh well.

The next guy after him that I wanted was Allen.

Wasn't sold on another USC QB and turn over machine so when he went to the Jests it was Whew moment.

Then came worrying they might take Rosen I kept thinking he isn't a process guy.

When they picked JA I was happy real happy,I knew he needed work but he is and was the biggest strongest QB in that draft.

He just needs a little fine tuning :) 

I seriously thought Denver was taking him at #5 because they coached him and Mayfield at the Senior Bowl.  Played in the elements at Wyoming, closely resembles a young Elway, etc.  I also thought Chubb was going #4 to Cleveland.  Worked out for the best I believe.  I think the 2018 draft, especially the first round), will be one of the better drafts in a while.  

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 1

I agree with this, but we all know you can't judge QB's in their first season. 

Really you just can't do it.  Rosen could end up being the first overall if we did the same exercise next year.

Josh's knack for sensing pressure and his awesome Buffalo personality were two things I didn't see in him until he got to the NFL.  That and his blazing game speed, which has to be a record for big white guys.

His arm and intelligence were about all I saw in the kid as a college player.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Bro, you must live in a ship container.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I was shocked the moment he said Josh......"ALLEN" and not Rosen.

Hated the pick, but it's way too early to suggest you and I were wrong.  Far from it.

This is people bored and waiting for the SB.  Allen probably was the right pick for Buffalo, but we’re not going to know any of these guys for another three years.

Look at the hype on TB and TN quarterbacks and now people are questioning those choices.  We’ll see.  Rooting for Allen, but none of us know enough nor do we know what he puts into working on his skills.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

I agree with this, but we all know you can't judge QB's in their first season. 

Really you just can't do it.  Rosen could end up being the first overall if we did the same exercise next year.

Josh's knack for sensing pressure and his awesome Buffalo personality were two things I didn't see in him until he got to the NFL.  That and his blazing game speed, which has to be a record for big white guys.

His arm and intelligence were about all I saw in the kid as a college player.

Well, if you truly watched his college tape you have seen his blazing speed, knack for sensing, pressure, and his personality.  

9 hours ago, GreggTX said:

And Rosen has such bad pocket presence that he holds onto the ball forever and doesn't even throw it.