ESPN has Jets taking Josh Allen 3rd in 18' draft redo

I said before and I will say it again I was way wrong about the Allen pick. I was so upset when we took him over Rosen I made a scene at a relatively quiet neighborhood Buffalo Wild Wings. I ended up looking like a fool on a couple of counts that night!

Edited by Leonhart2017
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 3

The way it is formatted is odd, they don't include any draft day trades. So the Bills aren't given the pick they got Allen at.

The way the OP titled the thread is also misrepresenting the article. Allen is now selected by the Jets because the Giants selected Darnold one pick before them. The Bills end up with Rosen in this excersize of uselessness.

• Like (+1) 1

It is going to be interesting watching the Darnold-Allen competition.  I think they're both very promising talents, with somewhat different strengths and weaknesses.  As always a lot will depend on the quality of the players around them, particularly their Olines.

At draft time I was kind of hoping that the Dolphins would grab Rosen so that we could have three rookie QB's developing at the same time in the AFC East. That would have been pretty fun to see.

• Like (+1) 2

I wanted Mayfield and when he went first I just went oh well.

The next guy after him that I wanted was Allen.

Wasn't sold on another USC QB and turn over machine so when he went to the Jests it was Whew moment.

Then came worrying they might take Rosen I kept thinking he isn't a process guy.

When they picked JA I was happy real happy,I knew he needed work but he is and was the biggest strongest QB in that draft.

He just needs a little fine tuning :) 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The way it is formatted is odd, they don't include any draft day trades. So the Bills aren't given the pick they got Allen at.

The way the OP titled the thread is also misrepresenting the article. Allen is now selected by the Jets because the Giants selected Darnold one pick before them. The Bills end up with Rosen in this excersize of uselessness.

Allen was #1 on NYG board and likely still would be 2nd.

I was amazed when they took him over Rosen. Admittedly Rosen had a difficult rookie year, but his accuracy is way, way better than Allen's and he's still a rookie. I just don't see a very bright future for our Josh. Sooner or later, Bills fans will start to realize this.

I can't believe they thought he'd be #3 overall. Have they actually watched where most of his passes end up? He misses receivers by 5 ft when they are only 20 ft away from him.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 hours ago, MJS said:

At draft time I was kind of hoping that the Dolphins would grab Rosen so that we could have three rookie QB's developing at the same time in the AFC East. That would have been pretty fun to see.

Well, they'll probably pick one this year.

55 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Who does it have us drafting? And where did Edmunds get redrafted?

We take Rosen at 12 and Edmunds goes 18.

In fairness, it's the teams beat writers making the picks (so the Jets beat writer, who actually watched Josh, took him at 3) so it's not just one "Kiper" doing a redraft.

9 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I said before and I will say it again I was way wrong about the Allen pick. I was so upset when we took him over Rosen I made a scene at a relatively quiet neighborhood Buffalo Wild Wings. I ended up looking like a fool on a couple of counts that night!

I was more wrong than you were!

I was at a bar in Atlanta and when they announced "Allen" instead of "Rosen"....I went silent.  It ruined my night.  I didn't even turn on the radio to listen to the rest of the draft on the drive home I was so upset.