The Media Hypes The Potential Return of Rex Ryan as DC

I don't think Rex's ego allows this move to happen. I just don't see him wanting to play second fiddle. I think he wants a HC gig or nothing at all. I also don't think he and Reid's personality would mesh well. 

9 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I actually do NOT want this to happen. We need the Chiefs to dethrone the Pats, and not disintegrate, the way the Bills' D did under Rexy.

It is up to the BILLS to dethrone the pats****. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Rex is a great defensive mind

Just not a HC

Rex might see this as the way he can play a role in ending the Patriots dynasty

Rex hates NE more than any coach 

Agree, great mind, but think offenses have figured out enough how to counter his defense.  So what does any good coach do, they come up with new wrinkles which Rex did.  The problem though was Rex's new ideas became to complicated to execute.  You heard more than once about players being confused and not know what to do.  I think that was due to him over complicating things.

You can argue that KC is the best team in the AFC next season, but alot can happen before they and NE end up meeting up in a playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

He wasn't our DC. He was our head coach. And at this point IMHO nobody should look at him as a head coach again.

I think it's fair to say he's a brilliant defensive mind, myself. Feel free to disagree, but I think it's reasonable.

We need to look at the definition for "brilliant." Having or showing unusual and impressive intelligencehttps://www.thefreedictionary.com/brilliant

Does Rex have this? I would say Belichick does in spades. I would also say Dick LeBeau, Wade Phillips and Dom Capers are in this echelon for example on defense. Just bc he was our HC and not the DC, he defacto was in charge of the D, in the sense that it was his system that was installed here, and he even brought brother Rob in to help communicate his vision to the players. The results speak for themselves. Just my opinion, but I think an "impressive intelligence" would figure out a way to make the system digestible to the players to where they can run free to make plays, without overthinking themselves and getting caught in the weeds, thus playing from behind the 8-ball, the way we often did during his tenure here unfortunately.

We know from a pure talent standpoint, the Bills D was in good shape from when Schwartz left. What happened thereafter is already well documented.  And as a previous poster already pointed out, what may have been "brilliant" to start, was countered by other teams and Rex never properly was able to adjust. 

Throughout his career, whenever Rex had a good defense, it was because he had a 'generational' talent on his team.

Baltimore Ray Lewis

Jets had Revis allowed him to take half the field away from the other team.

He's average at best without those types of players and I think there are plenty of other competent coaches who would have accomplished the same thing at minimum.

So... not really impressed with him and I don't see why anyone would hire this guy for anything.

Also he sucks on ESPN, so maybe I wouldn't mind seeing him leave.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Looks like Rex is not the front-runner in KC.  

Sure hope Rex in expecting to get the job, didn't already instruct his realtor to find a house most likely to be hit in Tornado Alley out there. Also, I bet the red Chiefs wrap would be harder to get off his truck than Buffalo Blue. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Sure hope Rex in expecting to get the job, didn't already instruct his realtor to find a house most likely to be hit in Tornado Alley out there. Also, I bet the red Chiefs wrap would be harder to get off his truck than Buffalo Blue. 

I knew it!  It was all hype from Jimmy Sexton

16 hours ago, Utah John said:

I guess Wrecks wants another chance to coach Reggie Ragland.  

Yeah.  I was saying to my wife the Chiefs should call time out before the last few Patriots plays.  Then Romo said it.  My wife was not impressed.

I feel you...  My wife never seems to be impressed when I call out things like that.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

I mean, the king of the blowhards just sucks all the air out of the room....

Word!

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think these stories start when Rex tells em he's up for a job, whether he is our not.

Ah!  The Russ Brandon “Hey, I’m now an exec at New Era” Effect!

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

Who thinks maybe the media just wants to get rid of him???

I mean, the king of the blowhards just sucks all the air out of the room....

?

I’ll never get why the media is so quick to put out the hype from his agent.  Notice how after reports came out about Rex and Miami, he didn’t even get an interview with UM or the Fins?  It seems to all be orchestrated by his agent.  I just don’t get why certain reporters always report it.  He must give them big scoops  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I’ll never get why the media is so quick to put out the hype from his agent.  Notice how after reports came out about Rex and Miami, he didn’t even get an interview with UM or the Fins?  It seems to all be orchestrated by his agent.  I just don’t get why certain reporters always report it.  He must give them big scoops  

The ‘agent’ is probably Rob (your money) Ryan, and the ‘big scoops’ are the mashed taters and gravy Rob’s wolfing down at Golden Corral.

9 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

It seems they are pressured to provide content, and there’s zero shame in being wrong. Or.......they are just that stupid.