Welcome to the Nightmare St. Louis Super Bowl: “Everybody hates the Rams”

YoloinOhio

I had thought that they still had fans in STL... guess not?

The Super Bowl will feature the franchise that bailed on them, relocated to the sunshine of Los Angeles and promptly got really, really good, playing against the club that defeated them in the last Super Bowl their local team reached, which is a wound that, as all Super Bowl losers know, never heals.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, BuffAlone said:

I wondered about this. Can you imagine being a Cleveland Brown's fan for life, only to see the Baltimore Ravens win a Super Bowl? I'd be sick for many years

Remembering when that happened to Browns fans in 2000, just 4 years after the move ... it was awful 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I wondered about this. Can you imagine being a Cleveland Brown's fan for life, only to see the Baltimore Ravens win a Super Bowl? I'd be sick for many years

I bet not an insignificant number of current Browns fans don't know what you are referring to...

Also:

"The Super Bowl will feature the franchise that bailed on them, relocated to the sunshine of Los Angeles and promptly got really, really good, playing against the club that defeated them in the last Super Bowl their local team reached, which is a wound that, as all Super Bowl losers know, never heals."

Say, what city did the Rams "bail on" so that St. Louis could have them as their NFL team?

That's rich....

• Like (+1) 2

I have a love hate relationship with the NFL.  Whenever the NFL lets a team bail on a community is when I hate the NFL the most.  They want your loyalty and money right up to the point where they think they can make more money somewhere else, and then that loyalty doesn't mean a d*mn thing

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had thought that they still had fans in STL... guess not?

They do still have fans here.  I even know a couple of them. 

But overall....let's just say if I were Stan Kroenke, I wouldn't walk down a dark St Louis alley by myself.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Didn't the Rams win a SB in St. Louis?

Did they ever win one in LA, their original city?

They won and lost a SB in St Louis.  But then they entered a decade of fan-benumbing worsening play that drafting a QB #1 overall couldn't save them from, aggrevated by a bad case of "Head Coach Roulette", and moved to LA just before getting good again.

So yeah, there's salt.

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Say, what city did the Rams "bail on" so that St. Louis could have them as their NFL team?

That's rich....

Hey, we're selective in our selective memories.

But we still hate Bill Bidwell and the Cardinals too

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I bet not an insignificant number of current Browns fans don't know what you are referring to...

Also:

"The Super Bowl will feature the franchise that bailed on them, relocated to the sunshine of Los Angeles and promptly got really, really good, playing against the club that defeated them in the last Super Bowl their local team reached, which is a wound that, as all Super Bowl losers know, never heals."

That's rich....

Thats very true. However, L.A. has never been a "football" town, drowning in irrelevance for 75 years...they've had their fair share of defining moments, including major championships, over the years. I'm just saying, I'd be mad if I was a Brown's fan after Ravens won

Yep, people here hate Kroenke with a passion. I was at my kids baseball practice and was watching the end of the Rams game with another dad and he was in stunned disbelief and anger. And then the Pats win to knock out the other Missouri team. The article is spot on.

• Like (+1) 1

I guess they should be happy a Rams/Cardinals Superbowl isn't possible and that the Cubs can't possibly be involved.

As a Tigers fan, I have no pity for that city! 2006 was a B word.

14 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Thats very true. However, L.A. has never been a "football" town, drowning in irrelevance for 75 years...they've had their fair share of defining moments, including major championships, over the years. I'm just saying, I'd be mad if I was a Brown's fan after Ravens won

It's a USC town.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I guess they should be happy a Rams/Cardinals Superbowl isn't possible and that the Cubs can't possibly be involved.

As a Tigers fan, I have no pity for that city! 2006 was a B word.

It's a USC town.

True. Never a die hard NFL fan base is my point

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

I dont know What I would do given I dont live in Western NY anymore (Watching your weather and gas prices thank God I dont, 44 today and 1.79 gas).