Welcome to the Nightmare St. Louis Super Bowl: “Everybody hates the Rams”

YoloinOhio

If this was the Los Angeles Bills about to play in the Superbowl, I'm not sure how many fans here would still be around or have an interest in the game.

Watching something like that would turn my stomach.

On 1/22/2019 at 8:26 PM, Gugny said:

For keeping an NFL team in a city that will still pay to watch, no matter how crappy the product?  It's a no brainer to keep the team in Buffalo and it's all about money for themselves.  They're not heroes.

They could have likely made a lot more money in LA or Toronto. Wilson and Pegs absolutely did right by the city. Not sure how you could view it any other way.

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If this was the Los Angeles Bills about to play in the Superbowl, I'm not sure how many fans here would still be around or have an interest in the game.

I don't know that I'd pick another team, but the Los Angeles Bills would certainly be the most disgusting team in the league. Just an awful thought.

As much as fans want the NFL to fail in LA, it'll at least be half-successful with the Rams for the foreseeable future.

McVay & Goff aren't going anywhere for a long time, and once that state of the art stadium is complete, it'll be an attraction that no other franchise in the city can offer. And because we all know how bandwagony fans are, the Rams are fortunate to be good enough to attract those fans for the (re)founding years of the team. 

Sure, once the team starts losing the support will dwindle, but by that time they will have established an actual semblance of a dedicated fanbase. Keep in mind the only reason St. Louis had the Rams is because they left LA to begin with, so as bad as I feel for them, they can't act like relocation didn't help them as well hurt them. The Rams never won a Super Bowl in LA, but there they went & won a Super Bowl in St. Louis. It works both ways.

23 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'd hate it, I really would. But if Buffalo only got their franchise due to an established team moving here, then it moved BACK to where it came from, I would make peace with it somehow.

Edited by BigDingus

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Jeeezzz, just think: Rochester lost the Jeffersons in 1925.

You aren't a real Rochesterian unless you loathe the towns of Cincinnati, Kansas City and Sacramento because they've harbored our fugitive NBA franchise.............the only western NY team to ever win a title in any of the 4 major sports............The 1950 NBA Champion Rochester Royals.     35 years in Rochester.........still the longest tenure in one city for the Sacrificial Kings franchise.

17 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Screw people in St Louis, let em suffer, we have our own issues

Yeah they have the second greatest franchise in major league baseball history in the Cardinals.

It's a DISTANT second to say the least...........but they've been spoiled in that sport and got a carpet-bagged Lombardi to boot!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Who do people think will win? I got the Rams by 14. They've got the type of defense that has historically given Brady fits. Their offense can take apart that young corner on NE too. This won't be close.

Most people seem to think Rams. Which is exactly what the Pats want. 

On 1/22/2019 at 5:00 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Despite all the hurt feelings, I expect the Rams will have more fans in St Louis than they will ever have in LA.  Having a team(s) in LA is an NFL dream, that's really not supported by the locals.  I expect to see many empty seats in the new stadium.

If they win it will be packed.  If they aren't good, empty.  Which is why I see the Rams crashing eventually because they will always have to chase the quickest fix possible to keep trying to win now. It's already started:

Talib 

Suh

Cooks

Woods

Peters

Trades and Free Agents.  That cap will catch up to them.  It's strategy usually ends badly at some point.

Edited by purple haze

On 1/22/2019 at 11:26 PM, Gugny said:

For keeping an NFL team in a city that will still pay to watch, no matter how crappy the product?  It's a no brainer to keep the team in Buffalo and it's all about money for themselves.  They're not heroes.

I don't think that it is that cut and dry. A loyal fan base is great, but many of these owners want to big their big ego stadiums in cities with a lot of support from major corporations. They want stadiums with sold out luxury seats and high PSL's.  I am glad the Pegula's were not tempted by that allure and instead were happy to reward a loyal fanbase by keeping the team where it is and attempting to build a winner in Buffalo.   

On 1/22/2019 at 7:44 PM, Mr. WEO said:

I bet not an insignificant number of current Browns fans don't know what you are referring to...

Also:

"The Super Bowl will feature the franchise that bailed on them, relocated to the sunshine of Los Angeles and promptly got really, really good, playing against the club that defeated them in the last Super Bowl their local team reached, which is a wound that, as all Super Bowl losers know, never heals."

Say, what city did the Rams "bail on" so that St. Louis could have them as their NFL team?

That's rich....

Yes. The “Arizona” Cardinals say “hello” to their old fans in St Louie. :w00t:

• Like (+1) 1