Chiefs fire longtime DC Bob Sutton

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the same. Pats will have to have a plan for Donald. I also think you have the play at least 50% press coverage. Rams can do it but Talib and Peters will need to play out of their minds. There isn’t a big time WR to cover but I think wade will have a plan for Gronk who is a shell but can still make the big play, and of course Edelman (NRC won’t get away with DPI vs Pats) 

I see Gronk doing a lot of blocking this game

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Pats only have one good pass rusher - both of those DLs you mention are much better. And the Rams OL has been playing great. I think they will get their run game going too. I don’t love Goff either but he made some huge plays on Sunday. Watch out for their two underrated young TEs - Higbee and Everett. They are great at YAC. 

You know better than that Yolo. Individual players mean nothing when it's the Patriots. I don't think the Rams have no chance, but I have less confidence than I would like. I didn't really think the Eagles had much chance last year either, so hopefully I will be surprised. 

Also, The Rams Defense scares me in that they're a bunch of emotion based knuckleheads who seem out of control sometimes. Late pushes by Suh and Donald will get called against Brady. NRC mugging every receiver he's lined up against will get called. Marcus Peters forgetting he's playing football and being horribly out of position will get exploited. Aquib Talib running his mouth and being chippy will get him in trouble. 

Obviously that's all worst case and I hope I'm wrong. But the fears are based on too much reality. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

I dont think the rams have the same offense as kc. I think Goff can get rattled especially if they start going 3 and out.

He didn't on Sunday. He just went play at a time didn't panic and made the throws to bring them back. Goff is underrated I think by most. It stems back to that first year. People want to put everything that has happened since on McVay.... and while he is a big factor the truth is Goff is a good Quarterback. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

You know better than that Yolo. Individual players mean nothing when it's the Patriots. I don't think the Rams have no chance, but I have less confidence than I would like. I didn't really think the Eagles had much chance last year either, so hopefully I will be surprised. 

Also, The Rams Defense scares me in that they're a bunch of emotion based knuckleheads who seem out of control sometimes. Late pushes by Suh and Donald will get called against Brady. NRC mugging every receiver he's lined up against will get called. Marcus Peters forgetting he's playing football and being horribly out of position will get exploited. Aquib Talib running his mouth and being chippy will get him in trouble. 

Obviously that's all worst case and I hope I'm wrong. But the fears are based on too much reality. 

That’s true but the Rams have a really good OL - just looking at matchups on paper. They win both LOS.

27 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

I actually thought the gameplan was pretty good. They played press man and tried to get pressure. They just dodnt have the horses.

Obvious run plays they were undisciplined and linebackers didnt fill gaps. I will say at every level like you said “dont have the horses”.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the same. Pats will have to have a plan for Donald. I also think you have the play at least 50% press coverage. Rams can do it but Talib and Peters will need to play out of their minds. There isn’t a big time WR to cover but I think wade will have a plan for Gronk who is a shell but can still make the big play, and of course Edelman (NRC won’t get away with DPI vs Pats) 

I’m guessing Wade brackets them on 3rd downs and dares someone else to beat him. I think LA’s LBs have to play lights out in coverage to counter NE’s*** RBs in the passing game. They’re good, especially White. I know one thing, Wade couldn’t be more familiar with the Pats*** schemes. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s true but the Rams have a really good OL - just looking at matchups on paper. They win both LOS.

Argument could be made that the chiefs did as well. 

I'm just saying, the weak spots that I see in the Rams (inexperience, getting rattled in tough spots, emotionally driven) are the exact weak spots the the Hood loves to put pressure on. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Argument could be made that the chiefs did as well. 

I'm just saying, the weak spots that I see in the Rams (inexperience, getting rattled in tough spots, emotionally driven) are the exact weak spots the the Hood loves to put pressure on. 

I see those weak spots as well but they seem to really be playing well together right now as a team and the talent is certainly there. You never know what Peters or talib will do but if one of them gets into it with Edelman or Gronk I won’t complain 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I see those weak spots as well but they seem to really be playing well together right now as a team and the talent is certainly there. You never know what Peters or talib will do but if one of them gets into it with Edelman or Gronk I won’t complain 

I'll drink to that. 

I want nothing more than for them to blow them out of the water. 

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

So let me get this straight.  They guy who wouldn't go for the end zone one more time with :11 on the clock and kicks the FG to tie the game, send it to OT, and never sees the ball again and loses to the Cheats, is still HC, and the DC is fired.  Scapegoat much?

Yes, the DC of a team who lost 5 games this season even though his offense scored 40 points, 51 points, 28 points, 31 points, and 31 points in those 5 losses was relieved of his duties.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bigger issue is the size of the cafeteria with both Reid and Rex. 

They will also have to install a real fireplace chimney so that brother Santa can drop in for Rex's defensive scheme wizardry meetings

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/10/nfl-rob-ryan-long-hair-pink-jacket-meme-jokes-twitter-reaction-photos

8 minutes ago, bills11 said:

Well thats not surprising a defense that could get sacks and nothing else...pats were so fortunate to face two defensive coordinatoors in consecutive weeks with trashbin gameplans

The thing is the Pats attack what you do badly. The Chargers had no healthy linebackers so what did the Patriots do? 17 of Brady's 34 completions to running backs taking advantage of defensive backs not used to playing that close to the line of scrimmage and having to read and anticipate those quick short routes. 

What is the weakness of the Chiefs D? Soft through the middle. No run stuffer at DT and linebackers who are pathetic in run support. What did the Patriots do? They committed to the run. 48 rushes to 46 passes (and that is after 9 of the 13 OT plays were passes). The Chiefs adjusted at HT to try and make Tom Brady beat them (yes folks you read that right) but they don't have the personnel to be able to stop the run without selling out to stop it. Once they did that suddenly Edelman and Gronk were in the ball game with 1 on 1 matchups. 

It is easy to blame Bobby Sutton (who I think over the course of the season has earned his firing and was probably out regardless) and Gus Bradley but these guys are not mugs. They have run good defenses in the past.... they just have personnel that while strong has weak spots and nobody, in the history of the game arguably, adjusts their game plan week to week to attack your weaknesses and nullify your strengths better than the Patriots. They are the masters at it. 

• Like (+1) 2