Chiefs fire longtime DC Bob Sutton

YoloinOhio

Just now, Matty the Dustmop said:

Someone has to be the scapegoat pretty sure samething happened in Buffalo after losing those 4 SB....Ralph ran Polian out of town.....

His defense was 31st. This was a foregone conclusion. With the years that Dee Ford, Houston, Chris Jones, and Fuller had, there was no reason for them to be that continuously awful.

It was a very high risk, high reward kind of defense.  Top 10 in takeaways, number 2 in sacks....but a ton of yards to go with it.

7 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

His defense was 31st. This was a foregone conclusion. With the years that Dee Ford, Houston, Chris Jones, and Fuller had, there was no reason for them to be that continuously awful.

Edited by Mark80

Ryan wold actually make some amount of sense there. Not sure about the personalities though. You gotta figure that Andy's overly large butt is getting a bit warmer after coming short with that stacked team (and it wasn't just the defense that failed). His playoff reputation is garbage, and he needs to do something - hiring Rex in a season where you need  to show you can make the next step is definitely a ballsy move. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

ESPN listing sexy Rexy as a possible candidate to replace him.  Andy Reid can't be that dumb, can he?

Oh please let this happen.  Will guarantee us KC won't get over the hump.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

And Schefter is suggesting Rex could be in the mix?  I would really hate to see Rex get to the Super Bowl... but I suppose it would make for sweet victory if we were to face him in the playoffs and win sometime in the next few years... 

This could be a great fit for Rex. KC runs a 3-4 defense, and he finally gets to coach Ragland.

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Ryan wold actually make some amount of sense there. Not sure about the personalities though. You gotta figure that Andy's overly large butt is getting a bit warmer after coming short with that stacked team (and it wasn't just the defense that failed). His playoff reputation is garbage, and he needs to do something - hiring Rex in a season where you need  to show you can make the next step is definitely a ballsy move. 

Chiefs just made their first AFC title game since 1993 Bills-Chiefs, and he helped turn Mahomes into the MVP. This year probably bought Andy some time

I don’t think Rex wants to be an assistant coach. Too arrrogant

Edited by Oldfan

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

No one expected the Chiefs with second year QB Mahomes to blow away the competition and come within one procedural penalty of the super bowl.  His seat is anything but warm.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

ESPN listing sexy Rexy as a possible candidate to replace him.  Andy Reid can't be that dumb, can he?

Tons of Chiefs fans saying they want Rex. Are their brains still thawing out from Sat night? 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don't know if anyone has a way to document guarantees to be revisited later on this board, but here's one: 

If Rex is hired, Ronald Darby will sign with the Chiefs in the off-season if he hits the open market. 

I doubt Darby would ever play for him again after that 2016 season. Remember when he benched him on MNF and tried to say he was sick? Rex loved to hang him out there dry that second season and then blame him for not executing. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, Oldfan said:

Chiefs just made their first AFC title game in years and he helped turn Mahomes into the MVP. This year probably bought Andy some time

Just now, Jauronimo said:

No one expected the Chiefs with second year QB Mahomes to blow away the competition and come within one procedural penalty of the super bowl.  His seat is anything but warm.

I don't agree. I think he showed that he's good enough to not be good enough. Success is a subjective thing. It isn't success to reach the championship game and then get taken to the whipping post when you have a MVP quarterback, the best offensive player in the NFL, an all pro TE, a good offensive line, and a Defense that does the two most important things right (sacks and takeaways). The problem is that Reid has been out-coached in every big game he's ever been in. That's a fire-able offense. 

I admit that it's unlikely they make a move, but honestly they need to at least be considering it before they turn into the Steelers. 

If I'm a GM, wasting talent is more offensive to me than losing without talent. This is a team that made the playoffs with Alex Smith playing good football. When you take that team and add a historic season by the QB, it really does become Superbowl or bust. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Matty the Dustmop said:

Someone has to be the scapegoat pretty sure samething happened in Buffalo after losing those 4 SB....Ralph ran Polian out of town.....

Mr. Wilson wasn’t that patient as Polian was run out after only 3 SBs.

Edited by K-9

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I doubt Darby would ever play for him again after that 2016 season. Remember when he benched him on MNF and tried to say he was sick? Rex loved to hang him out there dry that second season and then blame him for not executing. 

Woah. I had no idea... Shows how little I paid attention during that god-forsaken tenure. My mistake. I revoke my guarantee. 

• Like (+1) 1