Andre Reed Jersey Question

TFBillsfan

Andre Reed will be in ATL next week at the Bills Backers bar. I’d like to have him sign a jersey to match my Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas jerseys. He’ll be signing and taking pictures for donations to his charity. Any recommendations on where to buy online a quality Bills jersey? Stitched name and lettering only. Appreciate any assistance.

32 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Andre Reed will be in ATL next week at the Bills Backers bar. I’d like to have him sign a jersey to match my Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas jerseys. He’ll be signing and taking pictures for donations to his charity. Any recommendations on where to buy online a quality Bills jersey? Stitched name and lettering only. Appreciate any assistance.

"Charity"

39 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

If you are looking to save some money, Fanatics has very good quality replica jerseys.  They also have game quality jerseys available as well.

Edited by longtimebillsfan

As a huge Bills jersey collector (mostly game worn but due to work I have to pay attn to replica remakes) I'd just advise that during Reeds time with the Bills they wore Champion, Logo Athletic, and Wilson- all of which were screen printed. 

Mitchell Ness makes replicas, one just a general Bills blue jersey with incorrect font and the other is a more expensive super bowl 25 remake (still not the 'champion font ' but closer.) Both of these have vinyl numbers to emulate the screen printing of the era. Fwiw, M&N kinda crapped the bed once they were bought by Reebok as the original details that made them popluar were ignored.

Anything else out there will be a knockoff. IMO, the bootleg jerseys emulating the 80s and 90s look more like pullover baseball jerseys bc they dont have a template to copy like they do the current Nikes. THESE will all be sewn letters. You can prob make it look decent in a frame but finding one without an obnoxiously large name plate is a bit tough. If local, id just do one of the guys on CL or FBM for $40 or so. If you wash em once they fall apart and look super ratty but for signing its a moot point.

Personally, if i was you and i wasnt going to spend 125 or 250 on the mitchell ness, id go to ebay and try and find one of the screen printed throwbacks reebok made before they lost their lisence. They just look sssssooooo much better than a sewn knockoff with ribbons for the sleeve stripes. Maybe you can even find a vintage authentic in good shape as jerseys are cheaper this time of year. Good luck!!

Id throw a $40 offer at this person. Vintage dead stock (still has tags, new and unworn) thats lisenced. Just steam it to get it wrinkle free and you are golden. This looks SSSOOO much better than knockoffs IMO, even if it is a replica.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Puma-NFL-Jersey-Buffalo-Bills-Andre-Reed-83-hof-XL-new-with-tags-screen-print/392211928232?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dd90c59d1a8364b21a951949850e7f44f%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D392211928232%26itm%3D392211928232&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A644a9227-1e7b-11e9-af61-74dbd1806c16|parentrq%3A7705c0fa1680ab1d0a1a0967ffffb6e7|iid%3A1

Even cheaper, this person replaced lee evans dead stock jerseys with reed name plates. Didnt wear the throwback, but its unique and again, the lisenced look is better than 3 inch tall letters on knockoffs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reebok-NFL-Jersey-Buffalo-Bills-Andre-Reed-White-sz-XL/361714325133?hash=item5437da968d:g:GHYAAOSwGtRXzKz9

After looking, ebay offers real deal authentic as close as you can get to what he wore onfield for around $300, legit mitchell ness $75-$100, or things like the above. Again, an easy tell is if its sewn - its fake. 

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

As a huge Bills jersey collector (mostly game worn but due to work I have to pay attn to replica remakes) I'd just advise that during Reeds time with the Bills they wore Champion, Logo Athletic, and Wilson- all of which were screen printed. 

Mitchell Ness makes replicas, one just a general Bills blue jersey with incorrect font and the other is a more expensive super bowl 25 remake (still not the 'champion font ' but closer.) Both of these have vinyl numbers to emulate the screen printing of the era. Fwiw, M&N kinda crapped the bed once they were bought by Reebok as the original details that made them popluar were ignored.

Anything else out there will be a knockoff. IMO, the bootleg jerseys emulating the 80s and 90s look more like pullover baseball jerseys bc they dont have a template to copy like they do the current Nikes. THESE will all be sewn letters. You can prob make it look decent in a frame but finding one without an obnoxiously large name plate is a bit tough. If local, id just do one of the guys on CL or FBM for $40 or so. If you wash em once they fall apart and look super ratty but for signing its a moot point.

Personally, if i was you and i wasnt going to spend 125 or 250 on the mitchell ness, id go to ebay and try and find one of the screen printed throwbacks reebok made before they lost their lisence. They just look sssssooooo much better than a sewn knockoff with ribbons for the sleeve stripes. Maybe you can even find a vintage authentic in good shape as jerseys are cheaper this time of year. Good luck!!

Here is a man who knows his Bills jerseys!

Good information here for those interested in this sort of thing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Here is a man who knows his Bills jerseys!

Good information here for those interested in this sort of thing.

Thanks bud! In case anyone is interested in the originals i keep a folder for reference as there isnt much of a definitive guide for Bills jerseys on the internet. This at least acts as a guide for collectors trying to learn or figure out whats what and has some of my favorites like a handful of my kellys, reich, norwood etc.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZmJMlN7

http://imgur.com/gallery/roFFL

OP, make sure ya show off the goods once you are all done!!! Have fun!!

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 947 said:

Ebay has signed & authenticated Reed jerseys for $99. Depending what he's charging plus buying a jersey, it's probably cheaper to just buy that & go meet him for free.

This is the case for many athletes,  BUT it takes away the fun as well as the opportunity for an inscription and or personalization. That said, Reed usually just does the ol'HOF inscription at stuff like this

3 hours ago, 947 said:

Ebay has signed & authenticated Reed jerseys for $99. Depending what he's charging plus buying a jersey, it's probably cheaper to just buy that & go meet him for free.

It’s $35 to get a photo with him and get something signed, and the charity the money goes to is his foundation. I’ve alerted my son who lives a couple miles away and already has a signed Bruce jersey in his home.