Attorney files civil suit on behalf of Saints Season ticket holders

YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, Turk71 said:

The NFL has been sued before and their defense was they don't have to be a fair competition because they are in the sports entertainment business.

Google 'NFL is entertainment' if you don't believe it.

All it will take is a motivated base with money to spend on a suit.  Joe Fan never had the money to hire big gun lawyers to bend the NFL to its knees.  If I were this D'Amico guy I would file suit in the 9th circuit court in San Francisco where the population has wealth envy and  generally hates capitalists which the NFL owners have their picture next to the definition for capitalist.

13 hours ago, Turk71 said:

The NFL has been sued before and their defense was they don't have to be a fair competition because they are in the sports entertainment business.

Google 'NFL is entertainment' if you don't believe it.

Yep. That's why the refs can make a foregone decision to hold their flags on a play.

It's a fool-proof way to grab more viewers in the short term.

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yep. That's why the refs can make a foregone decision to hold their flags on a play.

It's a fool-proof way to grab more viewers in the short term.

nobody on earth still understands what was going through Payton's mind to twice call for a pass in an obvious running situation to kill the clock

this was kind of stupider than the Seahawks throwing away a SB when Beast Mode 3 times would not have been stopped

looks good on them,

14 hours ago, peterpan said:

Am I the only one who hopes this lawsuit has some success.???  This has been going on for YEARS, and the NFL does absolutely nothing to improve the product.  It would be nice for someone to force their hand.  

The NFL and other pro sports leagues are granted special Monopoly exemptions due to the nature of their business, maybe that opens up an avenue for a court to force them to do something like this???

I agree for the most part.  Why do people care if somebody tries to give the NFL a bloody nose?

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

nobody on earth still understands what was going through Payton's mind to twice call for a pass in an obvious running situation to kill the clock

this was kind of stupider than the Seahawks throwing away a SB when Beast Mode 3 times would not have been stopped

looks good on them,

I guess you're trying to say it's all the coach's fault.

As a matter of fact, the play worked. NRC got beat. They drew a foul. If the refs call a consistent game, they get the penalty and an automatic first down. If that happened, you wouldn't be blaming the coach.

Its not the same as not using your best player to seal a game. In fact, Brees is the Saints best player.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I looked quickly at the picture, and mistook her for Judge Judy.  The next logical step, considering the courts will not hear the case.

Thats not Judge Judy??? LOL Seriously I look at it and thats all I see

On 1/23/2019 at 10:40 AM, LeGOATski said:

I guess you're trying to say it's all the coach's fault.

As a matter of fact, the play worked. NRC got beat. They drew a foul. If the refs call a consistent game, they get the penalty and an automatic first down. If that happened, you wouldn't be blaming the coach.

Its not the same as not using your best player to seal a game. In fact, Brees is the Saints best player.

No, it didn’t work

the Saints lost

deal with it