Attorney files civil suit on behalf of Saints Season ticket holders

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Anything to distract from the fact that the Saints had every chance in the world to win the game after the blown PI call and sh** the bed.

I'm quite sure those involved in this lawsuit cognitively realize it doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning; it's just something they'll hold on to for as long as possible to pretend like the result doesn't exist. 

At the end of the day, the Rams are playing the Patriots in the Superbowl. All the crying in the world won't change a damn thing.

They want this narrative to linger because it takes the sting out of losing the game. I get it. It's just a waste of everyone's time.

Seems like the way to avoid accepting results these days.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Mentioning an INT in an OT that never should have happened is an odd way to make your argument.

Also, running the clock to under a minute is not like leaving seconds on the clock for your opponent to go the length of the field to score.  And finally, sure, the Saints should have scored more points earlier (so should the Rams, by that logic, so no missed call would have affected the outcome of the game).  But at that specific point in the game, they had a clear and unobstructed path to a win in regulation had that simple call been made.

My point is simple.  You get bad calls every week that might cost a team the game.  Sometimes they lose, sometimes they find a way to win.  The Saints didn't find a way to win.   There were three series after the Saints FG in regulation.  2 by the Rams and 1 by the Saints.  The Rams came out on top in all 3.  In spite of the obvious PI that wasn't called the Saints had the opportunity to win the game but failed on all 3 series on both offense (once) and defense (twice).  At the end they just got outplayed.  

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Whiney b*****s. So the chips didn't fall your way? Suck it up butter cup because life goes on. Should we have filed a civil suit against Norwood missing that FG and causing us mental anguish or the Titans for that forward lateral bs? I mean seriously, gtf over it. 

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

My point is simple.  You get bad calls every week that might cost a team the game.  Sometimes they lose, sometimes they find a way to win.  The Saints didn't find a way to win.   There were three series after the Saints FG in regulation.  2 by the Rams and 1 by the Saints.  The Rams came out on top in all 3.  In spite of the obvious PI that wasn't called the Saints had the opportunity to win the game but failed on all 3 series on both offense (once) and defense (twice).  At the end they just got outplayed.  

No the point, of this entire conversation,  is that this was NOT just a "bad call" that "might cost a team the game".   This was an inexplicable decision by multiple referees to not call the  most blatant PI perhaps ever not called.  You have never seen a WR get hit by a DB's head (to the head) with such force that it spun the WR around---in the air.....whether it was called or not, you haven't seen such a blatant attempt not to make a play on the ball, but to simply lay a guy out.  And he was clearly doing this to prevent a game clinching TD.

So for those reasons (head to head vicious hit, blatant foul to prevent a likely score, and no call) this is unlike no other non call at such a point in such a game.

Saints didn't find a way to win??  They marched down the filed for their final scoring drive.  Because of the non call, the kicked a field goal without the added benefit of first shaving at least 80 seconds off the clock (there were only 105 seconds left in the game at that point).  What kind of nonsense is "they didn't find a way to win"?  They were about to!

There were NOT "3" series after the final NO FG in regulation.....there was 1 series, and LA tied the game with a FG. You are confused...They were able to go down the field because they had 1:41 instead of 21 seconds to get within FG range.  With an in bounds kickoff the would leave less than 20 seconds for the Rams to tie the game.

5 hours ago, teef said:

i get the anger.  give it a week or two an people will move on.  it probably will cause the nfl to put new policies in place so this doesn't happen again, so there's that.

Don't underestimate the resolve of somebody with a lot of money and a lot of ego.

• Like (+1) 1

Am I the only one who hopes this lawsuit has some success.???  This has been going on for YEARS, and the NFL does absolutely nothing to improve the product.  It would be nice for someone to force their hand.  

The NFL and other pro sports leagues are granted special Monopoly exemptions due to the nature of their business, maybe that opens up an avenue for a court to force them to do something like this???

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Might as well extend it to roughing the passer. Brady had a flea swatted off of his jersey, and THAT gets called roughing? It's no wonder the guy plans on playing until he's 45. Why not 55?  What a racket he has......

I think the flea was unscathed, but left of his own volition. Brady is not worthy of fleas. His natural fragrance of avocado and coconut oil is a natural turnoff to fleas. he’s too pretty for that. 

• Haha (+1) 3