Attorney files civil suit on behalf of Saints Season ticket holders

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

If they wanted to run clock they could have called running plays and forced the Rams to use their two remaining time outs and run the clock under 1 minute.  Their defense could have stopped the Rams in regulation.  They didn't.  Their HOF QB should not have made a terrible decision to throw up that interception in OT.  But he did.  Cost them the game?  OK, people can think it if they want.  I think its an excuse we hear from losers every Monday. 

Mentioning an INT in an OT that never should have happened is an odd way to make your argument.

Also, running the clock to under a minute is not like leaving seconds on the clock for your opponent to go the length of the field to score.  And finally, sure, the Saints should have scored more points earlier (so should the Rams, by that logic, so no missed call would have affected the outcome of the game).  But at that specific point in the game, they had a clear and unobstructed path to a win in regulation had that simple call been made.

52 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Actually depending on the jurisdiction involved, there already is such a mechanism on the books. Here in Georgia for example, it's codified in OCGA section 9-15-14 (enjoy the legalese while skimming through it):

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-9/chapter-15/9-15-14/

(a) In any civil action in any court of record of this state, reasonable and necessary attorney's fees and expenses of litigation shall be awarded to any party against whom another party has asserted a claim, defense, or other position with respect to which there existed such a complete absence of any justiciable issue of law or fact that it could not be reasonably believed that a court would accept the asserted claim, defense, or other position. Attorney's fees and expenses so awarded shall be assessed against the party asserting such claim, defense, or other position, or against that party's attorney, or against both in such manner as is just.

Yeah, I know there are laws against it.  But they need reforming.  In the example you post, there are no punitive consequences, only actual damages.  Attorney's should be fined, put on probation or even disbarred if they continuously file these suits.  Typically, if there is a law in the state, it is very difficult to find an attorney has broken them and the consequences are light. 

Edited by Mark80

I'm surprised by the reactions in the thread. I'm all for it. 

The NFL clearly has preferences for which teams win games. Clearly the rules of the game are not applied evenly. Having LA vs Boston clearly was more marketable than NO vs KC. We had two remarkable close games that were both decided by some inexplicable calls. From the Hogan no catch to the roughing the passer to PI in the Saints game. If some lawyer wants to bring some attention onto this issue then I say go for it. 

There is a clear rule set that is not evenly applied. I'm tired of refs patting Brady on the but and high fiving him. I'm tired of seeing Jerry Hughes get mauled and them looking the other way. Why not sue and go on Sportcenter to talk about it. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1087763881865498634?s=21

Damages in Saints ticket holder lawsuit against the Roger Goodell & the NFL include:

Mental anguish & emotional trauma

Loss of faith in the NFL

Loss of enjoyment of life

Loss of entertainment

Distrust of the game

I think we all deserve a little part of this one.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

"The Commissioner's powers under this Section 2 include ... the reversal of a game's result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred," Rule 17, Section 2, Article 3 of the rule book states."

Have a feeling this rule will somehow unceremoniously disappear from the rule book soon

• Like (+1) 1

Well Bills fans should be able to sue the Patriots for mental anguish and loss of enjoyment of life. We have a better case than Saints fans.

7 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Have a feeling this rule will somehow unceremoniously disappear from the rule book soon

A call being missed by officials is not an extraordinary event. They're talking about like a meteor striking a player just as he is about to cross the goal line for the win. Stuff like that.

5 hours ago, mannc said:

Maybe he could also represent Chiefs fans with regard to the the phantom roughing the passer call on Brady that kept a Pats drive alive in the fourth quarter.

Nope.  logical judge would take one look and toss that case.  2nd down and all. Maybe sarcasm?  I don't know...

Edited by CoudyBills