Updates from Senior Bowl week in Mobile, AL

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

The good thing is that Dabol runs a similar offense, so maybe he is looking for a similar type of player that NE covets.

I lean toward the positive, so I hope Allen can use that type of receiver and they can grow together.  

But PLEASE not to Brady. 

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Jakobi Meyers is one to keep an eye on.  Watching Kelvin Harmon game tape and Meyers pops out as a good possession option.  Isnt as big as Harmon but seemed like the go to for Finley.

Both those guys block downfield. As much as I like Harmon, he sometimes disappears for stretches against top corners. Meyers sort of finds a way to make something happen, especially against zone coverage or off breaks in the intermediate range. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

its harder for offense to jell in these games but the QB and TE talent weren't there either .

Good, Allen needs a good target down field (and all over the field)

Thing is that nobody is taking into account is Josh Allen needs WRs who have a bigger catch radius. He’s not the most accurate passer. He’s not Tom Brady.

Im not saying Josh couldn’t do well with Isabella just saying I don’t know enough about Isabella to say, “yep, that would be a great pick”....

Who knows... Isabella and Deebo looked similar in stature  Both quick and fast, run good routes with good hands.. maybe Deebo has a bigger catch radius after watching 20 games of film. That’s a better pick right? And looking at the measurements from the Senior Bowl, Deebo has some of the biggest hands on the team, not just WR, but team. Like 2” bigger than Isabella.  Deebo 10 1/8, Isabella 8 1/2.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Trading down from #9 would not be a bad idea.

for sure.

i love McD and what he is doing here and believe it will all work out in the end but really wish we went full rebuild his first year and traded Tyrod and Shady before that season so we didnt have to trade all those picks for Allen and Edmunds. Those 6 picks in the first three rounds that year would have rebuilt the offense and this year could be used for the defense in a heavy defensive draft.

That said McBeane will get the players we need and we will be a perennial contender, so im not worried about it unlike past regimes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Thing is that nobody is taking into account is Josh Allen needs WRs who have a bigger catch radius. He’s not the most accurate passer. He’s not Tom Brady.

Im not saying Josh couldn’t do well with Isabella just saying I don’t know enough about Isabella to say, “yep, that would be a great pick”....

Who knows... Isabella and Deebo looked similar in stature  Both quick and fast, run good routes with good hands.. maybe Deebo has a bigger catch radius after watching 20 games of film. That’s a better pick right? And looking at the measurements from the Senior Bowl, Deebo has some of the biggest hands on the team, not just WR, but team. Like 2” bigger than Isabella.  Deebo 10 1/8, Isabella 8 1/2.

its fun for us to discuss these things but they now what type player will work with Allen and is why they got McKenzie and Foster, who are small guys.

Im confident they will get the guys we need.