Updates from Senior Bowl week in Mobile, AL

YoloinOhio

Just now, wppete said:

What are you talking about??? ? 

I feel like I shouldn't even want to know the answer, yet remain intrigued. 

By the way, Bruce Allen is my kind of guy! Ben Powers has a hell of a name. Max Power worked for Homer Simpson so we could be on to something with that guy.

19 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Well, that's a separate analysis.

We're talking about just measurables. Hand size relates to grip strength, but grip strength is all that really matters. Just measure that.

i have a great grip and i suck at catching the ball, ( when i played, have better grip now.) Soft large hand go along ways in catching the ball.

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i have a great grip and i suck at catching the ball, ( when i played, have better grip now.) Soft large hand go along ways in catching the ball.

I could qualify it further by saying grip strength is all that matters for QBs. With WRs, just being able to get your hands around it is what's important. They got those sticky gloves, anyway.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:34 AM, YoloinOhio said:

What’s Tyree Jackson doing at the Senior Bowl?  I thought he was looking to transfer to Auburn?  

Redshirt Juniors are eligible?

8 hours ago, wppete said:

What are you talking about??? ? 

There are times when people shouldn’t be posting. I think we found his.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

What in the world are you talking about?

They had premade draft paths in the game that were narrated by Shefter and Mayock.  One of the draft paths had a QB named Drew Lock that had all measurable but turned out to be a bust if you drafted him.  I know this cuz I did and it set my franchise back.

My bad with the confusion and this probably doesn’t go here.  It’s just funny to me they made up qb names 10 years ago and they matched an actual irl kid.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

What’s Tyree Jackson doing at the Senior Bowl?  I thought he was looking to transfer to Auburn?  

Redshirt Juniors are eligible?

There are times when people shouldn’t be posting. I think we found his.

He declared for the draft awhile ago. Redshirt Juniors are eligible if they are seniors academically. They are only juniors in terms of remaining eligibility. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Forget Andy Isabella for a moment. There's another small school diminutive WR that's stealing the show and his name is Penny Hart-WR Georgia State. Got some Taylor Gabriel vibes from him. Very interesting player.

EDIT: I can't find Bills visits with prospects anywhere. I know they've met with Dalton Risner because he let us know. He's so excited about being a potential Bill.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/01/senior-bowl-2019-why-kansas-state-ot-dalton-risner-would-love-to-play-for-bills.html

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, billspro said:

I want to see Risner in a Bills uni in April 

He's close friends with Harrison Phillips too. He's been a great college player for 4 years. There's a great chance he's a very good NFL player. I like the idea of having Dillard and Bradbury. Two of the best OL athletes this year. 

Beane/McDermott have their hands full because we need at least 3 new starters next year on the OL.

53 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

He's close friends with Harrison Phillips too. He's been a great college player for 4 years. There's a great chance he's a very good NFL player. I like the idea of having Dillard and Bradbury. Two of the best OL athletes this year. 

Beane/McDermott have their hands full because we need at least 3 new starters next year on the OL.

This guy has process written all over him. I’m definitely going to mock draft him in round 2. I also like that he hasn’t given up a sack in two years. Usually those type of guys become pro bowlers at the NFL level.

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

The below link is a WGR interview with Jordan Reid discussing the prospects at the Senior Bowl and how they would relate to our needs. This is a 13 min. segment. He talks about the UB prospects and their prospects. He stated that his favorite qb in this draft was the Ohio States' qb. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/01-24-jordan-reid-cover-1-howard-and-jeremy

• Like (+1) 2