The NE post on here if you have good things to say thread

Bfanlc

this is like when an unpopular kid in high school realizes that they'll never be popular, so they resort to sucking up to the in crowd to mask the awkwardness.

i'm more than aware of how good the pats are.  i've never accused them of being successful due to cheating.  that being said, i will never, ever cheer for that team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

TUCK Rule -1

Ravens Illegal formation -1

Ref's just give it to them -1

Whats that tally make? 

Umm, wasn’t the Ravens “illegal” formation actually legal at the time.  Belichick found a loophole that the NFL explicitly closed  the following season.

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not to defend Pats, but they didn’t win multiple championships over cheating.  They won multiple championships because they have the GOAT at QB and the GOAT HC.  

Jerry Rice admitted to using stick em...aka cheating outside the rules...should he be removed from the HOF and have his records vacated?  What about Aaron Rodgers who admits he over inflated the balls because he likes them firmer...should he be kicked out of the league?  

Deflate gate was a waste of time as is all the cheating impact over exaggerations.  They win because they are better, plain and simple.  Tough pill to swallow, but’s it’s the truth.  

Dont get me wrong, I get hating them and thats warranted, especially for Bills fans.  But they win cuz they are better and have two GOATs at QB and HC.

Yes. If you cheat the wins are tainted. That goes for everybody including the bills. Cheating is not ok. Saying aaron rodgers and jerry rice did it doesnt make it ok either.

If they are that much better why do they break the rules so much. Look at their fumble rate for the majority of the time belichek has been there. Why would Doug flutie say bradys helmet radio stays on after the cutoff? 

Theyre a dirty team thats been caught cheating multiple times. Im not saying belichek and brady arent good and they win solely because of cheating. But belicheck has been rumored to have been doing this before brady and most of the time he has been with the pats .i cant consider anyone that has cheated to get where they are to be the goat. Apparently you think its ok. Well have to agree to disagree

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not to defend Pats, but they didn’t win multiple championships over cheating.  They won multiple championships because they have the GOAT at QB and the GOAT HC.  

Jerry Rice admitted to using stick em...aka cheating outside the rules...should he be removed from the HOF and have his records vacated?  What about Aaron Rodgers who admits he over inflated the balls because he likes them firmer...should he be kicked out of the league?  

Deflate gate was a waste of time as is all the cheating impact over exaggerations.  They win because they are better, plain and simple.  Tough pill to swallow, but’s it’s the truth.  

Dont get me wrong, I get hating them and thats warranted, especially for Bills fans.  But they win cuz they are better and have two GOATs at QB and HC.

I do believe BB has outright, knowingly cheated over the years, and the level of my dislike for the Patriots is on par with the level of dislike I had for the Dolphins during the 70's and 80s (even into the 90s). However, I agree with you, a team does not have the sustained level of success that the Patriots have had, particularly in the free agency era, by cheating. They have sustained that level of success because of Brady and Belichick. 

Best wishes to Belichick, Brady and Kraft on the final extension of their contract with the Devil. When it comes due, however, there's going to be Hell to pay, so I hope it was worth it for y'all!

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

There is a difference between wishing the Patriots well and saying good things about them.  I want them to lose.  I don't care if it is by 1 point or 30, just please lose the game.  

At the same time, you just don't know anything about football if you can not respect the greatness of Brady and the Patriots.  He is the best QB of all time.  I don't respect Belichick as much as I know he has cheated and much of his success is tied to Brady.  But he will still go down as a legend.  Brady made Moss other worldly. He has made two smurfs into near HOF recievers. He was virtually unstoppable yesterday.  His accuracy is unreal.  Yes he makes mistakes.  But if you can not appreciate what Brady and the Patriots are doing you are clueless about football. They are going to be playing in their 9th SuperBowl.  Four SuperBowls used to be considered a dynasty.  They don't even have a word to describe what the Patriots have done to the NFL in the last 17 years.  

Doesn't mean I have to like it, or be forced to worship at the altar of the almighty hood-rat. But I'll stop myself now, in order to respect the spirit of the thread that the OP respectfully requested. Go Bills!!!!!!! 

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If it guarantees his retirement then I'd be in for it.  

I respect that Shady, but I really want the Bills with Allen to one day be able to straight up beat the Pats with Brady and BB at the helm still. That way, I won't feel like there always needs to be an asterisk next to our climb to the division top with Allen at the reins, know what I mean? I want to be able to beat the best to become the best, I think it will feel that much better--but if they all retire this year, I'll figure out a way to come to terms with that too, lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Umm, wasn’t the Ravens “illegal” formation actually legal at the time.  Belichick found a loophole that the NFL explicitly closed  the following season.

kind of fuzzy on the specificity of it

They used the play consecutively which was against the rules.

It  also forced a New Rule.   

8 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I respect that Shady, but I really want the Bills with Allen to one day be able to straight up beat the Pats with Brady and BB at the helm still. That way, I won't feel like there always needs to be an asterisk next to our climb to the division top with Allen at the reins, know what I mean? I want to be able to beat the best to become the best, I think it will feel that much better--but if they all retire this year, I'll figure out a way to come to terms with that too, lol. 

The only * needed is the ones for NE**

There are plenty of other good teams to face to become the  "best"

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

kind of fuzzy on the specificity of it

They used the play consecutively which was against the rules.

It  also forced a New Rule.   

The only * needed is the ones for NE**

There are plenty of other good teams to face to become the  "best"

You have to admit that was brilliant. It even confused the refs.

Not just using the formations but also the speed in which they executed it

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Yes. If you cheat the wins are tainted. That goes for everybody including the bills. Cheating is not ok. Saying aaron rodgers and jerry rice did it doesnt make it ok either.

If they are that much better why do they break the rules so much. Look at their fumble rate for the majority of the time belichek has been there. Why would Doug flutie say bradys helmet radio stays on after the cutoff? 

Theyre a dirty team thats been caught cheating multiple times. Im not saying belichek and brady arent good and they win solely because of cheating. But belicheck has been rumored to have been doing this before brady and most of the time he has been with the pats .i cant consider anyone that has cheated to get where they are to be the goat. Apparently you think its ok. Well have to agree to disagree

All good, but I’m not saying it’s ok, I’m saying it’s over exaggerated.  

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I used to play tennis in a cool doubles league. They had 14 courts of doubles and you’d play one set with every guy on your court for three sets total. The guy who won the most games on the court was in charge of writing down the total games won for each player when it was over.  One guy, and we ALL knew who he was, would come along later and change his score. A 2 became a 12. A 4 became an 9, etc. As a result, he was always playing above his head as higher scores meant playing better players he didn’t belong with. 

Long story short, the saying became I’d rather be known as a lousy tennis player than a cheater. Brady and BB are the best ever, but they cheated, repeatedly, and that will never be fully known or forgotten. 

And neither will those trophies.