Schefter gets hammered by Bills fans for Saints BTB losses tweet

Four straight Super Bowl losses? Yeah...

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/g66l-2019/01/0fd80941c78789/buffalo-bills-fans-media-remind-adam-schefter-that-saints-suffering-far-from-worst.html

I mentioned it yesterday that the couple of calls against us were far more egregious than one non-PI call, which had Sean Peyton merely ran the ball they more than likely would have won.

:14 left and :00 left on the clock for three egregious calls in two games didn't leave us the same chance!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Just so I'm straight, we get mad when the media repetitively mentions bad things about Buffalo, and also when the media ignores bad things about Buffalo.  Right?

I think it might be more about feeling overlooked that we aren't even getting national recognition concerning the depths of the suffering as fans that we've endured under the brightest of spotlights--in other words, at least give me a pat on the back that you understand what it is I've gone through. Instead, not only did I have to go through it, but now Schefter makes like it never even happened so I don't get props for surviving it? That's insult to injury. 

At least, that's my fake currency .02 on it.  

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

11 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I think it might be more about feeling overlooked that we aren't even getting national recognition concerning the depths of the suffering as fans that we've endured under the brightest of spotlights--in other words, at least give me a pat on the back that you understand what it is I've gone through. Instead, not only did I have to go through it, but now Schefter makes like it never even happened so I don't get props for surviving it? That's insult to injury. 

At least, that's my fake currency .02 on it.  

That's sort of what I was getting at.  We'd rather be spoken of poorly than ignored.

The Bills haven't been in the AFC Championship Game for 25 years.  For reference, when they went in 1990 they hadn't been to a Championship game in 24 years.  That isn't to say that the 1966 Bills were completely irrelevant to me, I knew they existed and were good, but I was negative 12 years old when they played so I didn't have any personal connection to it.  We have an entire generation of people who have no connection to the Bills other than them being varying degrees of crappy.  My sons are 12 and 9, they won't watch Bills games at all because "we know they're going to lose so why bother?"  My 12 year old has vague memories of the Sabres being ok, the 9 year old has nothing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

That's sort of what I was getting at.  We'd rather be spoken of poorly than ignored.

The Bills haven't been in the AFC Championship Game for 25 years.  For reference, when they went in 1990 they hadn't been to a Championship game in 24 years.  That isn't to say that the 1966 Bills were completely irrelevant to me, I knew they existed and were good, but I was negative 12 years old when they played so I didn't have any personal connection to it.  We have an entire generation of people who have no connection to the Bills other than them being varying degrees of crappy.  My sons are 12 and 9, they won't watch Bills games at all because "we know they're going to lose so why bother?"  My 12 year old has vague memories of the Sabres being ok, the 9 year old has nothing.

Understood--and totally agree with you that the '66 Bills held no personal connection with me as a fan when the Bills went in '90. Hopefully, your sons can catch on now with the emergence of Allen as a legitimate QB the likes of which we haven't seen around here since those earlier quality eras.  

46 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

No way he should have thrown the slant to Thomas on first down.  I had no clue what he was doing.   Even if they dont get the 1st running the ball, they milk more of the clock and still kick the field goal.  At the very least the Rams dont have time outs left.

This ^^^^^

They lost the game on THIS call, not PI not being called.  They still had chances to win game after PI incident, however this call on first down is the literal biggest contributor to this loss.  

Non PI Call was horrific mistake by Refs, no doubt. But the biggest blunder was that terrible decision to pass on first down.  

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This ^^^^^

They lost the game on THIS call, not PI not being called.  They still had chances to win game after PI incident, however this call on first down is the literal biggest contributor to this loss.  

Non PI Call was horrific mistake by Refs, no doubt. But the biggest blunder was that terrible decision to pass on first down.  

No way. The biggest blunder is the missed PI call. 

Yeah, milking the clock gives them a better shot to win, but we can't say throwing was worse. The Refs shouldn't decide games. I don't know why it always seems to come down to the refs deciding games. They need to be help accountable. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Yeah, milking the clock gives them a better shot to win, but we can't say throwing was worse. The Refs shouldn't decide games. I don't know why it always seems to come down to the refs deciding games. 

I'd like to see the Competition Committee change things so that Coaches would be able to challenge penalties.  This would go a long way towards fixing the problem.

Yeah, milking the clock gives them a better shot to win, but we can't say throwing was worse. The Refs shouldn't decide games. I don't know why it always seems to come down to the refs deciding games. They need to be help accountable. 

Respectuflly disagree.  The pass happened first and was one of the worst decisions I have seen by a HC in a big moment.  PI play doesn’t even happen had they run on first down.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I'd like to see the Competition Committee change things so that Coaches would be able to challenge penalties.  This would go a long way towards fixing the problem.

I hate penalty challenges, always have. I'm just tired of incompetent refs. I like human error, but that was pure incompetence. Refs need to be held responsible. 

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Respectuflly disagree.  The pass happened first and was one of the worst decisions I have seen by a HC in a big moment.  PI play doesn’t even happen had they run on first down.  

I get what you're saying but the missed PI happened. 

I've also heard Brees checked into the pass. 

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I hate penalty challenges, always have. I'm just tired of incompetent refs. I like human error, but that was pure incompetence. Refs need to be held responsible. 

the refs let them play rough. they 'missed' multiple PI calls. why should they call that one and not others?

• Thank you (+1) 1

And how exactly would you hold the refs responsible?  Firing squad?  That wouldn't solve the Saints problem this morning.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I get what you're saying but the missed PI happened. 

I've also heard Brees checked into the pass. 

I do completely agree with you tht the PI was horrendous, no denying.  But it’s run 100% of the time on first down there.  You have an explosive offense on the other side tht doesn’t need a lot of time to get into FG range, you have to be smart in that situation and whoever made that call IMO made a critical mistake.

But Saints had multiple chances to still win the game after the PI  and didn’t get the job done after that.  Not running there impacted their outcome more than the non call interference IMO.