Favorite, and Least Favorite, Stand Up Comedians

1 hour ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I listen to comedy radio on the way to/from work and Jim Gaffigan seems to be the guy I laugh at the most regularly.  He's just got one of those voices that even when he's not saying a funny line I still laugh because of the way he delivers it.  

Kathleen Madigan is my favorite female comedienne.. (I typed that word naturally but had to look it up to make sure it was right) 

My friend works at the Comedy Works here in Denver and introduced me to her years ago.  She definitely doesn't just do the typical female jokes.  

All time, definitely Carlin though.  He made the mold and then broke it.  I know every word of Occupation Foole but still laugh anyway.  Kind of like how I will laugh throughout Fawlty Towers despite knowing every line and nuance (best comedy tv show of all time btw)

Love it!

"You want to play the Dozens, well the Dozens is a game,

but the way I ***** your mother is a Goddamn shame." :lol:

Just now, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Sam Kinnison is a genius, although I can see why some people would be turned off by him. Even if he told basically the same jokes in a much more mild tone, it'd still be hilarious. 

he annoyed the hell out of me. but he had a good ride and following. no pun intended

15 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:
16 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

Kind of like how I will laugh throughout Fawlty Towers despite knowing every line and nuance (best comedy tv show of all time btw)

I've never seen the show, but I keep hearing good things. Gonna have to check it out soon since it's on Netflix now.

It's definitely not for everyone; the show is not fast paced and sometimes the funniest line is something Basil (Cleese) mumbles under his breath!  But every line was painstakingly scrutinized and episodes often took weeks to write - their attention to detail is remarkable and in my opinion (and many others) genius.  

On 1/23/2019 at 7:40 AM, bdutton said:

Old School.  Carlin/Johnathan Winters

New School:  Jeff Dunham

Least favorite:  Kayth Griffin/Carrot Top

Finally some recognition for Johnathan Winters .

Pat Paulson was pretty good also.

Edited by Uncle Joe

21 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

It pisses me off when anybody who has an "edgy" opinion on religion or politics, sticks the quote onto a picture of Carlin, implying that he said them. When often is the case, it's the exact opposite of what George really believed. 

the-problem-with-quotes-on-the-internet.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:17 PM, Rico said:

I liked him much better in the 70s in the “7 words you can’t say on television” era. Afterwards, everything was just a play on words, and to me, that got old pretty fast, great in small doses though.

I would have liked to seen Cheech and Chong in their prime, still love the 1st 3 albums.

It's hard to keep the same gimmick going for the 2nd and 3rd and 4th decade

I liked Carlin but those around me acted like he was the wisest man who ever lived, and I had better agree with them.