Bon Appetit magazine travels to Buffalo to find the perfect wings - 12 different spots

YoloinOhio

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/best-wings-in-buffalo

The best wings are from..

Gabriel’s Gate. The wings there held a sense of authority that I imagine every other wing in town aspires to. The sauce was balanced to a tee, with equal, dedicated effort put in by the heat, acidity, and creaminess. It was the kind of sauce you’d put on nearly everything: meats, vegetables, and snacks (say...popcorn). You might not admit to it, but you’d toss a damn salad in it, in the privacy of your home, away from the eyes of the folks who have never experienced the righteousness that is that sauce. They wouldn’t understand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It has a nice patio in summer.. kind of a hole in the wall place inside but sometimes those places are the best 

Holes in the wall have the best food. Stay away from crappy chains.they suck

• Like (+1) 1

i lived right up the road on north street.  i literally walked out of my apartment, straight down the street, and it was on my left.  fantastic wings, and great fish fries, (frys?).  all of their food was good if i remember.

A little off topic, but... I just made my annual batch of "Sal's Sassy Sauce" over the weekend. (Sal's Birdland in Rochester.)

Back in the '80's we used to order their take-outs at least once a week.

I could put their sauce on just about anything.  (It's the best, Jerry.  The best!)

Give me a shout if you want the recipe.