Bon Appetit magazine travels to Buffalo to find the perfect wings - 12 different spots

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Wings never go to waste in my house. Thats how bad they were. The plain corned beef and bread sandwich was very underwhelming as well. Didnt like any food they had plus the place hasnt been cleaned in years(thick dust and cobwebs everywhere) and the staff is very rude to say the least.  I would recommend little Caesars wings before nine eleven(maybe not that bad but close)

If you get there and theres a long wait call and order take out. Usually takes 20 mins. We do it all the time amd sit at the picnic benches outside

They call that their subtle ambiance - it’s a personal preference, I suppose.  

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am a bit skeptical.  An old school tavern playing by their own rules.

When we went there... We even said: "Betcha this place turns the fussy neat freaks off... The wait probably breaks them too... But better for us!"  It's very "South Buffalo", which could put people off too.

It's a dive... But we found the food great.  Yeah you gotta get past it being a dive.  Those are the best places.

I find your review totally out of joint.  Agree to disagree.  The good thing is, it (your review) may scare people off... So the place doesn't "take off" and go down hill.

It does seem, that they don't need any more business, the place was packed.

Word of mouth may be a bad thing.

I think the cash only  thing too would turn people off too.

To each their own.

Dont believe me check the reviews. There are many other people with a similar experience. A ton of good reviews as well. Some only good because they liked the wings

Not a neat freak by any stretch and enjoy dive bars. Just dont like people staring at me for 45 mins and getting mad over us being there and spending money. Why are you open if you dont want customers, why give us the shuffleboard puck then yell at us for playing? If the food was even decent id probably give them another shot. But bad food and terrible service just makes every other questionable thing stand out. Like the place being dirty. Place was close to empty both times we went.

Like you said too each his own (now that song is stuck in my head)

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Dont believe me check the reviews. There are many other people with a similar experience. A ton of good reviews as well. Some only good because they liked the wings

Not a neat freak by any stretch and enjoy dive bars. Just dont like people staring at me for 45 mins and getting mad over us being there and spending money. Why are you open if you dont want customers, why give us the shuffleboard puck then yell at us for playing? If the food was even decent id probably give them another shot. But bad food and terrible service just makes every other questionable thing stand out. Like the place being dirty. Place was close to empty both times we went.

Like you said too each his own (now that song is stuck in my head)

Well... It is South Buffalo.  LoL... Very parochial.

48 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Going to Bar Bills tomorrow after work. Spicy Hot Bar-B-Que's are awesome.

Hot's are "really hot"

Same with Sal's in Depew - the hot's are REALLY hot.

And then after..you go down the road to Antionette's for a hot fudge sundae.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/21/2019 at 7:25 PM, Lurker said:

They can be a little drier than some places, but then again, I don't like "goopy" wings (aka Duffs)...

Agreed 100%.  When I make my wings at home, I put them in the oven for 2 min after I sauce them.  Helps take out the goopy-ness and the flavor is better IMHO.

I was mysteriously drawn to Creatwood Tavern in my neck of the woods yesterday. Menu? No thanks, I have a craving...wings, hot with blue cheese. It wasn’t until I had ordered that I knew where the hankering had come from. Thank you for my wings, folks. 

For they Atlanta folks, they are the same people as Whitehall Tavern (Bills bar), and better than most wings around.