Rams vs. Pats*** -- this is where it all ends

eball

6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Belichick has 2 weeks to prepare.  They will shut down the Rams offense, just like he shut down the Bills in our first SB.  Brady will be Brady.  Pats will win.  No question in my mind.

I can't stand Brady or Belichick, but I don't let that stand in the way of acknowledging how great they both are at their jobs.

Come on oldmanfan, Offense is the new king - defense is old school and no longer relevant!!

2 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

They are inveterate cheaters, and the whole world will learn the extent of it in about 20-30 years when the right people have died off. 

Give me a break!!! You now own, IMHO, the most ridiculous post EVER, on TBD!!!

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I personally project the wheels falling off for TB in 2019, but that's an opinion.

Leaving that aside, he would walk away the ultimate winner if he gets ring number 6 and says "I'm done." 

Not quite sure why Bills fans would be happy with that Tom Brady finale.

Yeah 6 rings in 9 appearance s. There is just something special about retiring after a sb win. Especially if you play well. Think Elway.  If you have the oppurtunity to go out on top. Do it.

35 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Wow, what do I win? So many people to thank, I wasn’t prepared for this. 

Nothing, just laughter!!

2 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Nope. I save my envy for teams like the Steelers. They have been a model of consistency and success over the decades. 

The Patriots are an aberration. Their fans are dogs**t. Kraft and Belichick are so crooked, they need help screwing on their pants every morning. They will come crashing back to earth soon enough and one day we will all learn the extent of their cheating. 

Again, are you serious and a legal age adult?

If the Pats win there's no way Brady retires.  He loved to crush the Bills in every way possible and having a chance to go to 4 Superbowls in a row is something he won't miss taking a shot at (especially if he ends up with 2/3 wins going in).

So many people have said no team will ever get back 4 years in a row.  He loves to prove people wrong.

Edited by driddles

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Even if you prorate Brady's contract over three years to make the 30 million bonus look dramatic that is likely many millions under his value if he hit the open market.  If Brady were 36 years old in 2019 being dumped in a rebuild by his old team his achievements to age 35 would make him worth considerably more than 30 million per year depending how you structure salary and bonus.  I would venture a guess that if Snyder orJones were in the market at that point that Brady at 36 would command a contract of over 40 million dollars per year.  I think that Khan (Jacksonville), Ross (Miami), or the late Paul Allen would be there knocking on Brady's door if he could be had at an amount a little under 40 million.  Jerry Jones dream scenario is Brady comes along at a time when the Cowboys have most of their starting 22 under easy to digest contracts for the next few years that he would even go 45 million per year on Brady if it meant 4 SB appearances.  It would behoove Jurrah to also buy McDaniels or some other NE flunky to make sure Brady's transition is smooth.  Just my opinion.   

If you take the bonus plus the salary thats 24 mil per year. Thats on par with most everybody.

11 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

If you take the bonus plus the salary thats 24 mil per year. Thats on par with most everybody.

Brady is "most everybody?"  Half the teams in the league would pay several million dollars above 24 million per year if Brady was sitting on an open market.  I still think that the megalomaniacs would pay above 35 million per year if Brady could draw a few teams into a bidding war never mind his reputation in the playoffs being an enticement.  

Garopollo made over 42 million and Carr plus Cousins made in the 24 million dollar range.  Stafford made similar money but he had the Lions by the short hairs in that they did not want to risk a QB search as opposed to what Stafford could deliver in the post season.  Brady is severely undervalued in comparison to his QB brethren.  Would you put Stafford on par with Brady when looking at their compensation?

Edited by RochesterRob

8 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Brady doesn't like pressure up the middle.  There's this guy in LA...Aaron or Donald something...?

The lack of respect in here for Wade Phillips is baffling.

It's not a lack of respect as much as it is that the best general predictor of tomorrow is yesterday; and the Patriots have had some awesome yesterdays.

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

The salary cap was designed to keep the more well to do owners from in theory buying championships.   While I believe that Bill B has a lot to do with the Pats success circumventing the salary cap is in poor sportsmanship.  While we can't prove that Kraft is circumventing the cap we also can't prove that he is not.  I don't believe that the Pats would have the same success without Brady that they would have with him.  Of course if Bill B sticks around several more years with a new QB and wins then that would be a big statement as to who deserves most of the credit.

You post makes little sense. You say that you don't have proof that Kraft is circumventing the cap. Then why are you suggesting that he may be? That line of reasoning is utterly vapid. 

You also make the point that the Pats wouldn't be as successful without Brady. Everyone in the world would make the same obvious point. You coach who you got. Other coaches have had great players on their rosters and didn't succeed to the extent that he has. What has made BB's record historically standout is that he has done it over such a long length of period. Under Bill Polian the Bills had a list of HOF players on their roster in their glory years and multiple SB appearances. BB's record is infinitely better even when his roster wasn't so replete with the number of HOF players. 

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

If we are to assume that Brady offers no advantage over other absolutely top flight QBs like Rodgers or Peyton Maning, and if we are to assume that the Patriots organization is not engaged in some type of systemic cheating scheme giving them an advantage, the only thing left to explain the Patriots' phenomenal success is Bill B.

He may be more important to that franchise over the years than Brady.  Which is ironic, as a lot of folks here will tell you the only reason he is thought of as "good" is because he has Brady.

He is the GM and coach and has total control over shaping what New England is about as a football team.  He also never gets good draft slots and has huge turnover on both sides of the ball all the time...and yet he stays at the top year after year.  It's incredible.

Try to come up with a list of "famous Patriots" whose careers will be associated exclusively with NE during this huge win streak of theirs...there are a few names, certainly Gronk and a maybe a few others, but it's mostly Brady, Bellichick, and whoever else is playing for them at the moment.

BB is the smartest/best football coach ever.  At least that's my conclusion

Your conclusion is the same conclusion that I postulated with my prior post. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

You post makes little sense. You say that you don't have proof that Kraft is circumventing the cap. Then why are you suggesting that he may be? That line of reasoning is utterly vapid. 

You also make the point that the Pats wouldn't be as successful without Brady. Everyone in the world would make the same obvious point. You coach who you got. Other coaches have had great players on their rosters and didn't succeed to the extent that he has. What has made BB's record historically standout is that he has done it over such a long length of period. Under Bill Polian the Bills had a list of HOF players on their roster in their glory years and multiple SB appearances. BB's record is infinitely better even when his roster wasn't so replete with the number of HOF players. 

The point is we can never audit Brady to the point of knowing if he is getting money under the table from Kraft or not plus his salary compared to his value makes no sense.  Even the Pats guy here can't give a good reason why Brady is on par salary-wise with with other QB's that at best have accomplished a fraction of what Brady has.  Brady to my knowledge other than when he signed his contract has never spoken of his personal sacrifice to help the team.  Are you saying that it is impossible for Kraft to pay Brady under the table?  My theory is that Brady's contract started to uncouple from his open market value around his mid-30's hence my other post on the subject.  If Garopollo can get 42M with really a lot yet to be proven then Brady should be worth something approaching that with the more aggressive owners in the league.  Brady's 24 million is a long ways away from the top contract value of 42 million for a guy to this point has been about the potential more than the actual result.  Brady and his agents are really nice guys if they were willing to forgo Tom making 40 plus million per year several years back when Tom's future was being mapped out.  I wonder if any other team has had a player be so nice as to sacrifice approaching half his future earnings to help the team?  

8 hours ago, CSBill said:

Na. Pats win, and Brady and Gronk retire ....going out on top. I hope they do if it means an end to their dynasty.

Why would they want to come back? Nothing more to prove, clearly the greatest team run of all time, and it will never be duplicated.

If NE wins I can see Gronkowski retiring but I dont think so for Brady due to the fact he has a mega sized ego that will tell him he can win 5 more rings and play until its time to collect Social Security.

14 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The point is we can never audit Brady to the point of knowing if he is getting money under the table from Kraft or not plus his salary compared to his value makes no sense.  Even the Pats guy here can't give a good reason why Brady is on par salary-wise with with other QB's that at best have accomplished a fraction of what Brady has.  Brady to my knowledge other than when he signed his contract has never spoken of his personal sacrifice to help the team.  Are you saying that it is impossible for Kraft to pay Brady under the table?  My theory is that Brady's contract started to uncouple from his open market value around his mid-30's hence my other post on the subject.  If Garopollo can get 42M with really a lot yet to be proven then Brady should be worth something approaching that with the more aggressive owners in the league.  Brady's 24 million is a long ways away from the top contract value of 42 million for a guy to this point has been about the potential more than the actual result.  Brady and his agents are really nice guys if they were willing to forgo Tom making 40 plus million per year several years back when Tom's future was being mapped out.  I wonder if any other team has had a player be so nice as to sacrifice approaching half his future earnings to help the team?  

Let me summarize your post: You have a theory but no proof. It's like someone calling you out for wearing pink perfumed girlie underwear. You respond to the accuser by saying that you have no proof for such a scurrilous accusation. The response by the accuser is that it could be true because it is his theory that hasn't been disproven. That's how nonsensical your logic and theory are. 

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Let me summarize your post: You have a theory but no proof. It's like someone calling you out for wearing pink perfumed girlie underwear. You respond to the accuser by saying that you have no proof for such a scurrilous accusation. The response by the accuser is that it could be true because it is his theory that hasn't been disproven. That's how nonsensical your logic and theory are. 

It's not my theory but a theory that has been put forth by many people here over a multitude of times.  Are you saying that you are unaware of any accusations made by people posting here that the Pats circumvent the cap?  I am just attempting to address what has been said on the matter.  Even the resident Pats fan here understands that many fans of other NFL teams and AFC teams in particular believe that the Pats circumvent the cap when it comes to Brady.  That is why he does not respond to such subject matter by saying "Wut?"

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

It's not my theory but a theory that has been put forth by many people here over a multitude of times.  Are you saying that you are unaware of any accusations made by people posting here that the Pats circumvent the cap?  I am just attempting to address what has been said on the matter.  Even the resident Pats fan here understands that many fans of other NFL teams and AFC teams in particular believe that the Pats circumvent the cap when it comes to Brady.  That is why he does not respond to such subject matter by saying "Wut?"

I simply don't care how they handle their cap. 

6 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

And a boy named Suh.

well done.
He and Mr Donald are bringing their A game.
and Suh might do what he was at one time noted for.
kick Toms no no spot.
the place will catch on fire and be the most awesome SB game ever.

I sincerely think Rams give them a game.

Hell of a team. I am quite fond of their D C

: )

7 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

And a boy named Suh.

well done.
He and Mr Donald are bringing their A game.
and Suh might do what he was at one time noted for.
kick Toms no no spot.
the place will catch on fire and be the most awesome SB game ever.

I sincerely think Rams give them a game.

Hell of a team. I am quite fond of their D C

: )

Goff will be the weakest link for the Rams. better focus on the run game. if they stick with and Gurley can spell CJ ?
But BB is a nasty Man when attacking rookie QBs.

he will disguise and change up all game long

Pats are still cheating.  It's so evident.  Why the refs always help them I will never know. 

But I do think the NFL will do everything they can to make the Rams win to hopefully get some fans in LA.  We saw the extent the league was willing to go to to give the Rams the game last week.  Hopefully that's a good indicator and the refs once again determine the outcome, bit this time AGAINST the cheaters. 

7 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

They are inveterate cheaters, and the whole world will learn the extent of it in about 20-30 years when the right people have died off. 

Completely agree 100%.  Been saying it for years.  They still cheating, it's right there in front of your face, people just don't want to look. 

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Actually, you should.  The owners did when they brought the cap into existence and it was not just to alleviate boredom during one offseason.

Brady has never taken full market value. He doesnt want to strap the team