Rams vs. Pats*** -- this is where it all ends

eball

4 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Yeah 6 rings in 9 appearance s. There is just something special about retiring after a sb win. Especially if you play well. Think Elway.  If you have the oppurtunity to go out on top. Do it.

Don't forget, in 4 of the Patriots SB wins, they were caught cheating.  Not cheated, caught cheating.  

I believe they also cheated in the Seahawks SB, the only one where they haven't been caught cheating.  I think they cheated because Malcolm Butler, whose interception at the goal line won them the game, stated in an interview that belicheater told him the Seahawks we're going to run that play in advance.  How would he have known that???

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

The point is we can never audit Brady to the point of knowing if he is getting money under the table from Kraft or not plus his salary compared to his value makes no sense.  Even the Pats guy here can't give a good reason why Brady is on par salary-wise with with other QB's that at best have accomplished a fraction of what Brady has.  Brady to my knowledge other than when he signed his contract has never spoken of his personal sacrifice to help the team.  Are you saying that it is impossible for Kraft to pay Brady under the table?  My theory is that Brady's contract started to uncouple from his open market value around his mid-30's hence my other post on the subject.  If Garopollo can get 42M with really a lot yet to be proven then Brady should be worth something approaching that with the more aggressive owners in the league.  Brady's 24 million is a long ways away from the top contract value of 42 million for a guy to this point has been about the potential more than the actual result.  Brady and his agents are really nice guys if they were willing to forgo Tom making 40 plus million per year several years back when Tom's future was being mapped out.  I wonder if any other team has had a player be so nice as to sacrifice approaching half his future earnings to help the team?  

Business Insider had an article recently where they calculate he's given up at least 60 million over the course of his career to keep his team competitive.  He's made over 197 million in his career so far so it's not like we're going to set up a gofundme for him anytime soon. 

Do I think he's the type of person that would give up that kind of money with the knowledge that 30 years from now we'll consider him the GOAT because the Patriots were able to use that money to give him a chance at the Superbowl every year?  Yes.  Would it surprise me given the shadyness of the Pats organization that Kraft is paying him under the table?  No.  I don't have any proof though.

9 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Don't forget, in 4 of the Patriots SB wins, they were caught cheating.  Not cheated, caught cheating.  

I believe they also cheated in the Seahawks SB, the only one where they haven't been caught cheating.  I think they cheated because Malcolm Butler, whose interception at the goal line won them the game, stated in an interview that belicheater told him the Seahawks we're going to run that play in advance.  How would he have known that???

In 4? I dont yhink so.

Your kidding right? Its been well documented that yhey practiced for yhat play. Its called watching film.

Edited by Chris66
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

I only remember the Rams game where the Boston Herald cited an unnamed source that the Patriots illegally taped the Rams walk through.  Belichick denied it and the Boston Herald retracted their story.  They studied that play in practice against Seattle and it was a common goal line play the Seahawks ran so they told him to watch for it.  That's not cheating.  Spygate and Deflategate makes me think they cheat all the time, but it's hard to prove.

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's crazy that more guys don't take a bit less to win

I guess hanging out with the dudes at the pro bowl is better than super bowl games

It depends how much faith you have in your front office.  If I'm Aaron Rodgers I say screw you and give me my money.  You'll just waste it anyways.

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Not sure if this is a reference to the Bible or Sam Jackson's character in Pulp Fiction referencing the Bible...but nonetheless...

NICE!

:thumbsup:

Little trivia, although jules says he’s referencing the Bible, it’s a made up quote. 

Gotta say - I love how much the Rams are being disrespected right now.

They have exactly the kind of team the Pats struggle against.  Strong pass rush with great coverage on D, and the kind of RBs who their slow LBs will have a tough time with if they work the short pass game.

And they have one of the league’s best young coaches.

Brady hasn’t been touched yet in the playoffs.   This pass rush will get to him.

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Business Insider had an article recently where they calculate he's given up at least 60 million over the course of his career to keep his team competitive.  He's made over 197 million in his career so far so it's not like we're going to set up a gofundme for him anytime soon. 

Do I think he's the type of person that would give up that kind of money with the knowledge that 30 years from now we'll consider him the GOAT because the Patriots were able to use that money to give him a chance at the Superbowl every year?  Yes.  Would it surprise me given the shadyness of the Pats organization that Kraft is paying him under the table?  No.  I don't have any proof though.

In my mind 60 million seems rather conservative.  I would say he has given up that much in the last 5 years and probably at least 100 million for the last decade.  He should be pulling in 40 million per year in the last few years.  Maybe St Peter will let me ask about that when I am at the Pearly Gates.  Among other things.  

7 minutes ago, Success said:

Gotta say - I love how much the Rams are being disrespected right now.

They have exactly the kind of team the Pats struggle against.  Strong pass rush with great coverage on D, and the kind of RBs who their slow LBs will have a tough time with if they work the short pass game.

And they have one of the league’s best young coaches.

Brady hasn’t been touched yet in the playoffs.   This pass rush will get to him.

He gets the ball off so damn fast though.  Bosa and Ingram couldn't get to him.  Houston and Ford couldn't get to him.  You need LB's who can cover those RB's coming out of the backfield and CB's who don't allow WR's who get separation.  The Rams LB crew needs to have a great game for them to stop the Pats offense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

He gets the ball off so damn fast though.  Bosa and Ingram couldn't get to him.  Houston and Ford couldn't get to him.  You need LB's who can cover those RB's coming out of the backfield and CB's who don't allow WR's who get separation.  The Rams LB crew needs to have a great game for them to stop the Pats offense.

Goes to show that the Chiefs did not reinvent the wheel when Mahomes came aboard.  They remind me of the old Coryall Chargers that could put up points but were never going to win a SB.

I honestly think as bad sportsmanship as this sounds, the Rams must hit Brady early, often, low, high and especially late.  As good as the Oline for the Pats is, it doesn't explain how pathetic a job both the Chiefs and Chargers were at getting to Brady.  Both those defensive coordinators should be looking for work right now (and probably should never work again). Yes Brady is the Goat, yes he's got a fast release, but he's 41 f'ing years old. No amount of diet, working out and conditioning can stop your middle aged muscles from starting to seize up from a consistent bruising and pounding that results from sacks and hits after a pass. But yet both the Chiefs and Chargers barely laid a caress on Brady in those games.

If I was Wade, I would be dialing up as many bring the house blitzes as possible early and pound Brady. And if Suh should accidentally pile drive Brady or step on his ankle well that would be very unfortunate. :)

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I honestly think as bad sportsmanship as this sounds, the Rams must hit Brady early, often, low, high and especially late.  As good as the Oline for the Pats is, it doesn't explain how pathetic a job both the Chiefs and Chargers were at getting to Brady.  Both those defensive coordinators should be looking for work right now (and probably should never work again). Yes Brady is the Goat, yes he's got a fast release, but he's 41 f'ing years old. No amount of diet, working out and conditioning can stop your middle aged muscles from starting to seize up from a consistent bruising and pounding that results from sacks and hits after a pass. But yet both the Chiefs and Chargers barely laid a caress on Brady in those games.

If I was Wade, I would be dialing up as many bring the house blitzes as possible early and pound Brady. And if Suh should accidentally pile drive Brady or step on his ankle well that would be very unfortunate. :)

The Chiefs don't have a lot of talent on defense but the Chargers should have been knocking Brady down to the point where maybe one gets ejected from the game for being too rough.  I suppose doing that then opens its own can of worms.  

I'm banking on Suh doing something very bad to Brady, this guy can barely contain himself on a normal day. You put Suh in a SB that gets him amped up out of his mind and he will do something stupid. I'm expecting him to be getting held and frustrated in the 1st half and then in the 2nd half he takes his cheap shot and breaks a leg.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

They need to assault Brady because, hey, they will be called for roughing the passer regardless.

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Brady at 50 is better than any qb in the league.  Belichick toys with less superior coaches. They'll know your weaknesses from Day 1. Be afraid,  be very afraid. 

Brady is just about done. Another slight dip in velocity, which is inevitable, will be the end.

What he's done in these playoffs with that arm may be his most impressive feat to date. 

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

You can make excuses if you want  as to why they constantly win. It doesn't matter what others think because their record is their record. Your rationalization is your rationalization. The Colts had Peyton, and the Packers had Favre and Rodgers. Combined how many SBs do they have compared to Brady and the Pats? Who cares what the financial arrangement is between the qb and the owner? And who cares and what relevancy is that Brady has a wife who earns more than he does. Winners win and losers make excuses. 

Because all of this comes into how they have been able to do this for so long.  Are you that dumb to think an extra $15 million a year in cap space really doesn't matter?