Rams vs. Pats*** -- this is where it all ends

eball

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The only way to break to curse is for Greg The Leg to hit the game winner as time expires

Yep.......I'm hoping for a game-winning 70 yard FG for the Rams..........anything to start a serious discussion about getting rid of kicks in the game.  

I had no doubt he would hit that 57 yarder and I mean when you can start chalking up 3 when you get to the 40 yard line that's ridiculous.:lol:

I realize it's not a popular opinion but special teams plays and field goals used to provide scoring opportunities in a boring defensive era...........now they feel out of place, IMO.

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Don't forget Seattle who should have a Superbowl victory at NE's expense...save for the ill-fated pass at the goal line in the dying seconds of the game.  But it wasn't like they were out-schemed all game long by a superior coach.

IMO, Russel Wilson blew this.  He looked over to the hot WR on the play which Malcolm Butler saw (who admitted as much later and sniffed out the play).  

17 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

The NFL needs to setup a game the afternoon before the superbowl between Saints and Chiefs so we would know who should have won the superbowl

I thought you were going to basically lobby for a "3rd place" game as they do in soccer.

The 2 losers at the semi-final stage play each other for 3rd place.

I'm not sure why we don't have that, as it's 1 more chance for 1 more game, 1 more batch of ticket sales, 3.25 more hours of TV ad revenue, etc., etc., etc. etc.

That and ads on the players uniforms are 2 revenue streams the NFL has seemingly forgotten about.

7 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Who does the league want to win ... The Golden Girl to get her 6th ring or to build a fan base with a young team in Lost Angeles ?

I'd put my money on the patriots.

Can Tom Brady wear the HeHateMe jersey ? .... Welcome to the WWE Football league.

I'd go the opposite.

There is much more to be gained, by more people, with an LA win.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

When Brady*s Pats *** upset the heavily favored Rams in the 2002 Super Bowl it began the run of dominance for that franchise.  Finally, 17 years later, it is time to close the circle.  The Rams will come down upon the Pats *** with great vengeance and furious anger, and our long national nightmare will be over.

Hey, a girl can dream...

i disagree. i don't care about the national nightmare. i want THE BILLS to be the ones to finally destroy them.

14 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Either one. My hope is Brady wins this one, retires and they take the money and give it to Foles.

fair enough

can't see him walking away from it, he seems to enjoy this too much, he only has to exert himself for 3 playoff games every season

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Belichick has 2 weeks to prepare.  They will shut down the Rams offense, just like he shut down the Bills in our first SB.  Brady will be Brady.  Pats will win.  No question in my mind.

I can't stand Brady or Belichick, but I don't let that stand in the way of acknowledging how great they both are at their jobs.

They are inveterate cheaters, and the whole world will learn the extent of it in about 20-30 years when the right people have died off. 

15 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

They are inveterate cheaters, and the whole world will learn the extent of it in about 20-30 years when the right people have died off. 

can they put together film with isolation on Emandola and how he manages to never have adequate coverage on 3rd and long ever?

and send it to opposing Ds so maybe once in 10 tries they can stop him?

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

fair enough

can't see him walking away from it, he seems to enjoy this too much, he only has to exert himself for 3 playoff games every season

What else does Brady do? He's got a beautiful wife and family, sure, but you don't hear him get all Kyle-Williams-like claiming he wants to spend more time watching his kids grow up.

His wife is busy with her own career, so you don't hear her saying she wants him around more.

He has no other known hobbies, hell he probably doesn't even pick out his own clothes.  He's as dull as rocks (quick, tell your favorite Tom Brady non-football related story -- too late, there are none).

He'll keep playing until defenses finally realize that they need to blanket his receivers off the line, and force him to use his aging arm to get the ball further down the field.

So, in other words, he's never going to retire.