Rams vs. Pats*** -- this is where it all ends

eball

1 hour ago, eball said:

When Brady*s Pats *** upset the heavily favored Rams in the 2002 Super Bowl it began the run of dominance for that franchise.  Finally, 17 years later, it is time to close the circle.  The Rams will come down upon the Pats *** with great vengeance and furious anger, and our long national nightmare will be over.

Hey, a girl can dream...

Na. Pats win, and Brady and Gronk retire ....going out on top. I hope they do if it means an end to their dynasty.

Why would they want to come back? Nothing more to prove, clearly the greatest team run of all time, and it will never be duplicated.

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IWIT (In Wade I Trust).   #sonofBum

He is the most recent DC to shut NE down in a conference championship game and the reason there was a Denver-Carolina SB in the first place.

He doesn’t have all the pieces he wants on the D side of the ball, but I feel there’s a decent probability he comes up with some effective strategies

Wade >>>> Bob Sutton

I hope you're right.

37 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Belichick is the best coach in the modern NFL if not in the history of the game. Coaching in the cap era and juggling rosters and changing staffs have made coaching even more complicated and challenging. Yet, he not only consistently wins but also year in and year out competes for the top prize. When given an extra week to come up with a defensive game plan against another opponent he usually comes up with a game plan that takes away what you do best and forces you to do things that you are less proficient at. 

McVay may be a coaching prodigy but BB has been at this game much longer and has dealt with the distractions associated with this circus environment. I usually root for the AFC team. So I will be rooting for the Pats. To those who childishly consider the Pats the enemies I say that we are not good enough and haven't earned the right to be considered rivals, at least for now. 

I expect New England to win. I will be rooting for the Rams to beat them. I don't have any AFC affiliation vs NFC or anything like that. I pick who I root for based on who I prefer. I wanted the Patriots to beat the Eagles both times they met in a Superbowl because I hate the Eagles more. There are a lot of people I like in that Rams franchise - McVay, Wade, Jared Goff, Gurley, Bob Woods, Aaron Donald, Andrew Whitworth and some I don't (Stan Kroenke I am looking at you) and I'd rather the Patriots didn't win again. I don't think it is childish to dislike divisional foes.... though some of the constant "cheaters" talk and "the refs won it for them" does get tiresome. Just comes down to which team I'd prefer each year. Patriots v Eagles was my nightmare Superbowl because I don't like either of them.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Pats aren't ending it here no matter what, there's at least 3 more years in Brady if he can sashay through the regular season

I don’t buy that.  I know they say that, but I think it’s coming to an end.  I wouldn’t be completely surprised if a win would lead to the retirement of Brady and Gronk, possibly even the departure of Billicheat.  

They will want to go out on a high note and the gap is closing, even they see it 

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don’t buy that.  I know they say that, but I think it’s coming to an end.  I wouldn’t be completely surprised if a win would lead to the retirement of Brady and Gronk, possibly even the departure of Billicheat.  

They will want to go out on a high note and the gap is closing, even they see it 

nobody wants to go out on a high note when they see more to strive for

these two are unlike any sports figures to come along

illness or injury is the only thing to stop them

even Kobe had to pack it in quickly

7 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Rams don't have a chance. I don't trust Goff at all and Peters is going to be exposed as the mediocre corner that he is. 

Hopefully Wade can make a few adjustments to cover this weakness. It helped that Talib is healthy again. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

When Brady*s Pats *** upset the heavily favored Rams in the 2002 Super Bowl it began the run of dominance for that franchise.  Finally, 17 years later, it is time to close the circle.  The Rams will come down upon the Pats *** with great vengeance and furious anger, and our long national nightmare will be over.

Hey, a girl can dream...

i like this thinking.

you're a girl?

2 hours ago, eball said:

Hey, a girl can dream...

Not sure if this is a reference to the Bible or Sam Jackson's character in Pulp Fiction referencing the Bible...but nonetheless...

NICE!

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Belichick is the best coach in the modern NFL if not in the history of the game. Coaching in the cap era and juggling rosters and changing staffs have made coaching even more complicated and challenging. Yet, he not only consistently wins but also year in and year out competes for the top prize. When given an extra week to come up with a defensive game plan against another opponent he usually comes up with a game plan that takes away what you do best and forces you to do things that you are less proficient at. 

McVay may be a coaching prodigy but BB has been at this game much longer and has dealt with the distractions associated with this circus environment. I usually root for the AFC team. So I will be rooting for the Pats. To those who childishly consider the Pats the enemies I say that we are not good enough and haven't earned the right to be considered rivals, at least for now. 

I respect where you are coming from, but I still have a hard time putting Bellicheck ahead of Bill Walsh (whom I consider the best of all time).

I fear the Pats defense is going to take away the intermediate routes Goff is comfortable throwing and he's going to look very timid.

Not a big fan of the way Goff is playing right now and fully expect a Pats win. Mahomes was their biggest challenge and they overcame that.

Something that a lot of fans overlook with Tom Brady, largely b/c he is such an unlikeable person, is that he is the fiercest competitor you will ever find on a sports field.

He is every bit the warrior Jim Kelly was.  The difference is Jimbo looked and talked the part and Brady certainly does NOT.

BUT..Brady is one of these guys in pro sports who is going to have to be FORCED into retirement by the Pats organization, when the time comes.

I don't see anything ending after THIS season; he still looks WAY too good for that.

I also think BB will stick around as long as he has Brady.

They both might very well go together; maybe that's been the plan all along.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Belichick has 2 weeks to prepare.  They will shut down the Rams offense, just like he shut down the Bills in our first SB.  Brady will be Brady.  Pats will win.  No question in my mind.

I can't stand Brady or Belichick, but I don't let that stand in the way of acknowledging how great they both are at their jobs.

Tom Coughlin and Steve Spagnolo had two weeks to prepare.  Sean McVay and Wade Phillips have two weeks to prepare.  Wade has had to prepare for Brady (and was successful) when he was the Broncos DC.  Hope he has the personnel he needs to execute his plan to stop Brady.  I wouldn't count the Rams out so quickly.

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Tom Coughlin and Steve Spagnolo had two weeks to prepare.  Sean McVay and Wade Phillips have two weeks to prepare.  Wade has had to prepare for Brady (and was successful) when he was the Broncos DC.  Hope he has the personnel he needs to execute his plan to stop Brady.  I wouldn't count the Rams out so quickly.

Don't forget Seattle who should have a Superbowl victory at NE's expense...save for the ill-fated pass at the goal line in the dying seconds of the game.  But it wasn't like they were out-schemed all game long by a superior coach.