How Does LA Match Up Against New England?

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If the Rams bring blitz like I think they will and keep Pats' RBs in to block they can limit the damage. Stopping Michel and forcing Patriots into passing is going to be key in that; can they slow down run game enough to allow themselves to bring pressure against Brady when he's passing. 

Brady is very good at Blitz and reading things Throw to Edelman or Gronk . Or use there RB differently.  

Personally, I think the Pats are going to handle the Rams relatively easily.

Sadly, I think the SAINTS were the team that had the horses to beat the Pats. Why? Because the Saints held every rusher they faced this season under 75 yards. Stop the run and you beat the Pats. The Rams will not be able to stop the run. Sony Michel will have 100+ yards on the game, the Pats will shorten the game just like they did against the Chiefs, and they'll win easily.

I'm STILL mad this morning about the non-call in the Saints game. I can't even imagine how Saints players and fans are feeling.

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Pats use lots of screens and there RB core is great. Throws lots of passes to RB esp White. That is there strength for passing right now.

I honestly think it's a good matchup for Pats imo

I think the Rams LB'S if they have speed is the key match up vs Pats how they use screens, running the ball, or White type player example catching the ball.

Yep, that's their perimeter passing attack.  Again, nothing vertical on the perimeter.  They use the backs on the perimeter and then just attack the middle with Edelman and Gronk.  Hogan and the others are add-ons.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Yep, that's their perimeter passing attack.  Again, nothing vertical on the perimeter.  They use the backs on the perimeter and then just attack the middle with Edelman and Gronk.  Hogan and the others are add-ons.

nothing vertical?  The TD pass to Dorsett had to be, that was 40 yards through the air.

they have a plan and then are ready to adjust every single play, nobody comes close to this thinking out of a series

how is it bad to take the easy 7 yards on 1st and 10

4 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Looking ahead to the Super Bowl, I’m trying to see how The Rams march up against The Patriots.

On paper, I think that the Rams defense has some potential advantages that Kansas City never had.  

- Defensive Line.  Suh, Brockers, Donald and Fowler are great at rushing the passer and I think there’s a better chance that they’ll stuff the run.  Fowler especially can get after the passer off the edge. Donald and Suh have the potential to push the pocket back which had traditionally hurt Brady in the Super Bowl against NYG.  

- Cornerbacks - Peters and Talib are far better than anyone on KC who struggled defending just about every New England WR.   They also can help defend against White and other RB’s on pass routes.  

Nickell The Nickell - Nickell Roby Coleman made some nice played yesterday but also had a few mental mistakes.  If he can bounce back, I see Roby as being a good defender against those routes to RB’s that KC can’t defend.  The liability would be if Roby gets matched up on Gronk and the potential for him to outmuscle or outjump a much smaller Roby.  You can probably say the same thing about most of the CB’s on the Rams.  They don’t have a big defender to match up on Gronk. 

Wade Phillips - He’s stopped Brady and NE before and is regarded as one of the best DC’s in the game.  Bob Sutton - not so much.  Wade will do his homework, so I feel LAR will be better prepared than KC was.  KC having zero sacks and few pressures was pathetic.

In the end, I feel a lot of pressure lies on the chess match between McVay and Belichick.  Like Pederson last year, McVay is going to have to have show he can manufacture points against a NE defense who will be schemed to take one part of their game away.   He can’t let Goff look like Mahomes did in the first half of the game, because KC was extremely lucky to only be down by the scores.  

This is is where I felt Andy Reid and Mahomes failed badly, especially in the first half.  Andy was outcoached by Belichick and it put the team in a hole which could have cost them in the end.  McVay needs to show that he can stand up to Belichick and can’t get schooled the way Reid and Sutton did.

Jared Goff is the wild card here.  I can see Belichick making him look very bad, but then again I thought the same thing about Nick Foles.  

NRC had some success on #11 is his past. Mcvay is freebasing Adderall as we speak trying to game plan hoodie.    

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

nothing vertical?  The TD pass to Dorsett had to be, that was 40 yards through the air.

they have a plan and then are ready to adjust every single play, nobody comes close to this thinking out of a series

how is it bad to take the easy 7 yards on 1st and 10

Yes, but get the gist of my post.  That's not what they do and they haven't done that since they had Randy Moss.  They've tried to fill that void by bringing in guys like Brandon Cooks last year and Josh Gordon and a few others.  But perimeter vertical is NOT something they are known for this year.  It's just not.  How many vertical perimeter passes did Brady make other than that one.  NONE.  So why does SD play them like OMG, they are going to roast us vertically, so we better sit back in zone.  Why are the Chiefs splitting the middle of the field in the first half?  NE hasn't shown a consistent perimeter vertical attack all year yet teams play them like they still have Moss on the perimeter, leaving the MOF wide open for Edelman and Gronk.  WHY??

What teams need to start doing is what Bellicheck does.  Take away what you do best FIRST.  Live with the rest.  If the Pats are consistently beating people by exploiting the middle of the field then take that away first and live with whatever else they do.  Just FOCUS on stopping something they do well and stop getting dangled in their hands like a puppet by allowing them to dictate and eventually do everything well on offense.

Edited by NewEraBills

13 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Yes, but get the gist of my post.  That's not what they do and they haven't done that since they had Randy Moss.  They've tried to fill that void by bringing in guys like Brandon Cooks last year and Josh Gordon and a few others.  But perimeter vertical is NOT something they are known for this year.  It's just not.  How many vertical perimeter passes did Brady make other than that one.  NONE.  So why does SD play them like OMG, they are going to roast us vertically, so we better sit back in zone.  Why are the Chiefs splitting the middle of the field in the first half?  NE hasn't shown a consistent perimeter vertical attack all year yet teams play them like they still have Moss on the perimeter, leaving the MOF wide open for Edelman and Gronk.  WHY??

What teams need to start doing is what Bellicheck does.  Take away what you do best FIRST.  Live with the rest.  If the Pats are consistently beating people by exploiting the middle of the field then take that away first and live with whatever else they do.  Just FOCUS on stopping something they do well and stop getting dangled in their hands like a puppet by allowing them to dictate and eventually do everything well on offense.

for sure NewEra!

D's are extremely wary of what the Pats can do on every down, and the Pats take whatever decent and free yardage is handed to them.

when they are behind two scores it might be a different story

people on boards have been advising how to simply shut down Brady since 2001, good luck with that y'all

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

for sure NewEra!

D's are extremely wary of what the Pats can do on every down, and the Pats take whatever decent and free yardage is handed to them.

when they are behind two scores it might be a different story

people on boards have been advising how to simply shut down Brady since 2001, good luck with that y'all

Considering that Tom Coughlin did it twice with the same game plan, I think there’s some merit 

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

They match up terrifically imo. They're going to play a ton of man on the outside with Talib and Peters (which is the right call against a pretty weak NE wideout group) and send pressure on blitz with Suh and Donald playing a little wider to create lanes. Fowler and Barron are the perfect combo of LBs to both bring pressure against run/pass and match up w/ Gronkowski in coverage on 3rd downs. 

Rams on offense just need to let Gurley do his thing and have Goff limit mistakes. Maybe hit a big play or two, convert some third-and-longs but overall they should be seeing enough of the ball due to their defense that they'll score enough to win. 

This is the key.

Unlike yesterday we will see Gurley playing all the time.

The Rams match-up very well in this game. Make no mistake they can win this game.

Of the final 4, the Rams are built more like the classic Super Bowl winning team.  

If not for the Brady/Goff factor, this would be very lopsided in the Rams favor.  But Brady brings such a strong intangible to the game - it can erase every other advantage.

The Rams are America’s last line of defense.  All I can do at this point is pray, hope and drink.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Rams on offense just need to let Gurley do his thing and have Goff limit mistakes. Maybe hit a big play or two, convert some third-and-longs but overall they should be seeing enough of the ball due to their defense that they'll score enough to win. 

Don't forget CJ Anderson.  Rams need to get him involved in the run game early and often; CJ was a bigger factor than Gurley yesterday and is the 'fresher' back.  Gurley didn't look like himself.  Hope the next two weeks fixes this.