How Does LA Match Up Against New England?

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This 

I'd say (yes I am a hater) the Rams have the edge on Defense and may be a better team offensively.  

I wanted the Saints to win because I'm a fan, but I think the Rams are the better team in this situation.  

Rams D is our only hope left against the Pats at this stage. Hopefully McVay/Wade can bring the pressure to Brady every play. The Rams offense is pretty damn good overall. 

I honestly give the edge to the Rams but have seen this movie way too many times now.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 2

The Chiefs tried to help themselves with an adjustment to what is referred to as 1 Cross, where the Safety takes the first inbreaking route from the #2 or #3 WR on the strong side.  They had too because Edelman was killing them in the middle.  But then the Pats countered quickly by lining up in a 3x1 and have Gronk on the single side and hit him on the post.  The biggest problem is the middle of the field is open.

And as much as I hate to admit it, Brady is a damn surgeon out there.  ON the 4th and 1 TD by the Pats, everyone knew that QB sneak would be the call.  The Chiefs covered up GCG with three defensive lineman, but the C gaps were weak.  Brady saw it and immediately audibled.  TD Pats.  ☹️  You have to play perfect football.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe some of these offensive "gurus' should look at better clock management and not always going for big chunk plays. I was screaming at the TV last night when the Chiefs scored that they left too much damn time on the clock with just slightly over 2 minutes. You do that if you have a killer defense like the Ravens, not the 31st ranked unit which would have made Walt Corey look like a genius. If it's a close game like that, take some f****ing time off the clock. If you're Sean McVay, and the Rams, keep that in mind.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

Maybe some of these offensive "gurus' should look at better clock management and not always going for big chunk plays. I was screaming at the TV last night when the Chiefs scored that they left too much damn time on the clock with just slightly over 2 minutes. You do that if you have a killer defense like the Ravens, not the 31st ranked unit which would have made Walt Corey look like a genius. If it's a close game like that, take some f****ing time off the clock. If you're Sean McVay, and the Rams, keep that in mind.

glad you feel you know better watching at home

please tell someone who played and lost a game how they messed it up

film it pretty please, all the way through outpatient for you

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

glad you feel you know better watching at home

please tell someone who played and lost a game how they messed it up

film it pretty please, all the way through outpatient for you

He has a point but it was more of a coincidence than anything.   They did leave too much time for Brady but do you pass up the opportunity to score 7 points, to run some time, off the clock to potentially settle for a FG?  Unfortunately for KC they scored too quickly but again I don’t think your strategy is to wind down the clock.  You’re primary job is to score 7 and that’s what they did.

Triple team Edelman.  And take the run game away.

Make everyone else beat you.  Don't even bother aggressively pass rushing Suh and Donald (think run responsibility first---underrated key as to why the Pats are here---that and being ridiculously healthy this point in the season ).  And move Donald around.  

Let Fowler be the guy get after Brady; turn him loose.  Bc they're going to run right at him anyway.  

I'll take my chances one on one everyone else including Gronk.  I'd match Talib with him.  

That God awful D picked off Brady 3x yesterday (the Ford off side made it only 2).  The Rams can curb stomp them if they bring it.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

He has a point but it was more of a coincidence than anything.   They did leave too much time for Brady but do you pass up the opportunity to score 7 points, to run some time, off the clock to potentially settle for a FG?  Unfortunately for KC they scored too quickly but again I don’t think your strategy is to wind down the clock.  You’re primary job is to score 7 and that’s what they did.

who do these people think they are telling football teams what they should have done?

now they insist on the number of seconds left on the clock on a TD drive?

WTF, SERIOUSLY

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

I'm not sure I completely agree with this.  I mean if you are Andy you go ahead and score because you might get the football back and need to score anyway.  Even if they were to take it down to the 2 min.  The Pats still had 3 TO's.  If you score on the next play they still have 1:50 + with 3 TOs.

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

Brady > Goff

Belichick > McVay

Belichick > Wade

Saints > Rams

Ram have a chance if they can get pressure up the middle, but the Pats will adjust.

Pats win. I just hope it's a good/great game.

Funny because:

Brady > Foles

Belichick > Pederson

Belichick > Schwartz

Vikings > Eagles

How did that work out?

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This 

I'd say (yes I am a hater) the Rams have the edge on Defense and may be a better team offensively.  

I wanted the Saints to win because I'm a fan, but I think the Rams are the better team in this situation.  

I wanted the Saints to win because I was afraid that NE would sneak in again and thought New Orleans would be a better match up.  Really hope you're right about the Rams!  Wade could pull it off!

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Triple team Edelman.  And take the run game away.

Make everyone else beat you.  Don't even bother aggressively pass rushing Suh and Donald (think run responsibility first---underrated key as to why the Pats are here---that and being ridiculously healthy this point in the season ).  And move Donald around.  

Let Fowler be the guy get after Brady; turn him loose.  Bc they're going to run right at him anyway.  

I'll take my chances one on one everyone else including Gronk.  I'd match Talib with him.  

That God awful D picked off Brady 3x yesterday (the Ford off side made it only 2).  The Rams can curb stomp them if they bring it.  

And then let Gronk get busy??  That Chiefs actually made an adjustment to Edelman killing them in the middle but then the Pats started lining Gronk up wide on the single receiver side.

Also, listen to yourself.  You can't triple team Edelman and simultaneously "take the run away."  You triple team Edelman and you are conceding the run and Gronk singled up.

Edited by NewEraBills

7 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

And then let Gronk get busy??  That Chiefs actually made an adjustment to Edelman killing them in the middle but then the Pats started lining Gronk up wide on the single receiver side.

Also, listen to yourself.  You can't triple team Edelman and simultaneously "take the run away."  You triple team Edelman and you are conceding the run and Gronk singled up.

Yes.  I'm aware.  I'm just exaggerating how important it is to take 11 away.

I'll take my chances with Robo Gronk on the outside.  Make him win the one on ones.  Which will be much harder than that trash he went up against yesterday.

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes.  I'm aware.  I'm just exaggerating how important it is to take 11 away.

I'll take my chances with Robo Gronk on the outside.  Make him win the one on ones.  Which will be much harder than that trash he went up against yesterday.

there is no hope of stopping Edelman

but i do wish i could feel that opposing teams at least TRIED 10% to do so

how the heck can you be open like that 15 times a game on obvious passing downs

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

He gets rid of the ball fast and NE had good success against the run.  That’s what seemed to neutralize the pass rush.  Rams can pressure him up the middle which KC was unable to do.  Most of their pressure comes off the edge.   

I think the problem is that most teams can’t push the pocket with their DT’s alone.  You can create pressure up the middle though blitzing but Brady is so good at making quick decisions that it doesn’t matter.  You need to push the pocket without blitzing, like the Eagles did last year with Fletcher Cox.

100% right. The book on beating Brady has always been out there. You have to get there with 4 but you need inside penetration if your have to rely on your guys getting around the edge every time then Brady will just take that half step up into the pocket and by the time you get there the ball is gone. Blitzing as a change up can work but if he has seen that blitz once in a game he remembers it and the next time you run it the ball is usually out to his hot before you get there.

It is really hard to do and you need elite interior rushers. Luckily for the Rams they have the best in the business - Donald. Unfortunately the unit that Brady most wants to attack with his backs and tight ends offense is your linebackers...... and frankly the Rams linebacking corps are among the poorest in the NFL.  I would expect to see an awful lot of James White in the passing game. As for Bills interest..... fresh off competing against former teammate Sammy Watkins, Stephon Gilmore gets to go against former teammate Robert Woods. That will be an important match up.

• Like (+1) 1

Also, Kamara had 13 targets yesterday.  11 catches 98 yards.  And if I'm not mistaken the non DPI was Lewis lined up in the backfield running a sideline route.

Could see a lot of passes to White if teams are seeing mismatches on Rams LBS.

EDIT:  Posted this and just saw post above about White vs Rams LBs...lol.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1