[Vague Title] Quick Question

Protocal69

Between looking at these games today and all year and especially our BILLS games I have one simple question.

Why is it with all the coaches and personnel these coaches have access to during the game why is it not one person SOLE  job to look at the offense formation and defensive line setup before the snap to make sure there is no illegal formations or netural zone infractions and relay that info to the QB or MLB respectively to fix the issue before the snap. ?

KC literally lost a chance to go the Superbowl because DEE FORD couldn't just for 1 sec check to see if he was onside or not.  I cant count the number of  times  I watch games  where this occurs and how  these senseless penalties impact drives and in turn games.

I know the game moves fast BUT with so much on the line it seems like someone on the team should be looking at these things during the course of the game

Edited by Protocal69

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because the communication with the headset is shut off at 15 seconds and often you see teams don't line up until after that point. 

Good Point, but there has to be a way for the QB on offense or MLB on defense to notice before the snap.

I guess the best way would be to just DO YOUR DAMN JOB!!!!!!!!

Sometimes before the snap the refs have let players know that they're either Offside, or in an illegal formation, but everyone could probably agree that with the extreme crowd noise yesterday it would have been very difficult for anyone to let Dee Ford know he was lined-up in the neutral zone. That's on him and I agree with Protocal69....do your job!

Edited by GRHater69

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

Sometimes before the snap the refs have let players know that they're either Offside, or in an illegal formation, but everyone could probably agree that with the extreme crowd noise yesterday it would have been very difficult for anyone to let Dee Ford know he was lined-up in the neutral zone. That's on him and I agree with Protocal69....do your job!

In grade school they do

It’s about personal responsibility. If the MLB is busy checking where people are, he can’t communicate necessary coverages and fluctuations. If he’s distracted by if double dumbass defensive end is where he needs to be hes going to miss the snap and that half a second of reaction time is going to cost him a chance to make a play. Then he looks like a dumbass. 

Dee Ford is responsible for Dee Ford. He cost his team a chance to play on the biggest stage. If there was justice in the world, teams would factor that in to any offseason contract  Offer for him. I doubt that happens.

Edited by whatdrought

9 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Between looking at these games today and all year and especially our BILLS games I have one simple question.

Why is it with all the coaches and personnel these coaches have access to during the game why is it not one person SOLE  job to look at the offense formation and defensive line setup before the snap to make sure there is no illegal formations or netural zone infractions and relay that info to the QB or MLB respectively to fix the issue before the snap. ?

KC literally lost a chance to go the Superbowl because DEE FORD couldn't just for 1 sec check to see if he was onside or not.  I cant count the number of  times  I watch games  where this occurs and how  these senseless penalties impact drives and in turn games.

I know the game moves fast BUT with so much on the line it seems like someone on the team should be looking at these things during the course of the game

Are the red letters supposed to be Jesus speaking?

• Haha (+1) 1