90s Bills legacy in serious jeopardy next year...

Big Turk

14 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Row...row...I remember the play,  Not live, but I have seen that video countless times.

Damn.

When I was watching SB XIV I for some reason thought they were going for their 4th straight...at the time.

Still, 4 in 6 years...amazing.  A couple of teams have done 3 in 4 years (Cowboys, Patriots), which is tremendous, but I still rank the Steelers a little higher.

it still kind of is a gold standard....

I can name all the starters offhand for all four seasons, I can't name many players on champions the last 20 seasons though...

the worst legend is they always name Mike Webster at a starter on the first two, when it was Ray Mansfield.  Ray would be most remembered for  anecdotes in the Two Bricks Short of a Load sports diary for one of the early Dynasty seasons.

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

they won despite Tom Brady, he was slow and threw 3 interceptions last night.

L.A. is licking their chops I am sure.

I hope the rams PUMMEL them into the ground and Brady is carted off of the field never to play again.

Sorry not sorry

25 minutes ago, Plano said:

they won despite Tom Brady, he was slow and threw 3 interceptions last night.

L.A. is licking their chops I am sure.

I hope the rams PUMMEL them into the ground and Brady is carted off of the field never to play again.

Sorry not sorry

Tom was the by far the most inferior QB according to passing ratings

27 minutes ago, Success said:

It’s not something I care about.  It’s a great accomplishment, but I much prefer thinking our best days are ahead.  

If nothing else, we seem to be at the edge of an upward trajectory with our long term starter at the most important position set, whereas this will remain a question mark for the Pats for the foreseeable future post-Brady at the back end of his career, along with how long Hoodie still wants to coach or not. 

7 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No they wont unseat us.  They have lose 4 straight to do that.

They proved to be the greatest team in NFL history a long time ago.  Even though I am among the minority that doesnt view Brady as the GOAT, he is the leader of the GOAT dynasty team.  SuperBowls are a team accomplishment.  I do not believe they will go to a fourth.  They should not be in this one as they were helped by BS calls.  Next season their core will be another year older and Gronk will likely retire and even though he hasnt been as dominant in the pass game he has still been a beast in the run.  They are slowly spiraling down

No they are not. They're going to play for another championship in 2 weeks. No reason to think that , if Brady returns, they will be a favorite to get the the bowl again.

Edited by klos63

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

No they are not. They're going to play for another championship in 2 weeks. No reason to think that , if Brady returns, they won't be a favorite to get the the bowl again.

they'll coast in the regular season, 8 wins should secure the division and we'll have to hear from Labor Day to the playoffs how they are washed up and there is irreparable rifts between Belichick and Brady....

(vomit)

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

they'll coast in the regular season, 8 wins should secure the division and we'll have to hear from Labor Day to the playoffs how they are washed up and there is irreparable rifts between Belichick and Brady....

(vomit)

Heaven help us if 8 wins to secure the division is the reality we are facing next year...

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

The Yankees have had a pretty good run many times over the last 100 years.

Im also a Yankees fan and If you want to go entire history of the team you have a point but they have never gone on a run Like Ne for the last 17 years.  Its like they took root over the rotting carcas of the Bills and brought with it our misery.  The irony of it is we had a much shorter less accomplished version of Brady that got screwed by an under appreciative owner.  Thus began the Flutie curse.  Flutie just seemed to will his teams to big wins and then he got benched for a joke of a QB.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Im also a Yankees fan and If you want to go entire history of the team you have a point but they have never gone on a run Like Ne for the last 17 years.  Its like they took root over the rotting carcas of the Bills and brought with it our misery.  The irony of it is we had a much shorter less accomplished version of Brady that got screwed by an under appreciative owner.  Thus began the Flutie curse.  Flutie just seemed to will his teams to big wins and then he got benched for a joke of a QB.

the Yankees from 1921 to 1964 whips anything you want to dream up for the Patriots.

how about 1947 to 1964 to make it closer?

15 pennants in 18 years

They did exist before you became a fan.

Edited by row_33

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

There is no comparison between us and NE.  They are in the middle of one of the greatest runs in pro sports history.  We are the “lovable” losers.

the funniest thing is if the Bills ever make the SB, everyone except the rival fanbase would root for them. 

Wouldn't be so sure of that. No reason to like the Bills unless a fan already. Maybe Allen becomes a superstar and kids around the country like him , but by the time we get to a super bowl, a good majority of the fans watching will have no memory of the 90's teams or weren't even born when they played.

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

Wouldn't be so sure of that. No reason to like the Bills unless a fan already. Maybe Allen becomes a superstar and kids around the country like him , but by the time we get to a super bowl, a good majority of the fans watching will have no memory of the 90's teams or weren't even born when they played.

It wouldn't be because they "like" the Bills. It would be more like "wow, the BILLS are in the Superbowl?" "What an underdog story!" Many younger/casual fans indeed have but a vague recollection of the Bills SB era and consider us irrelevant. I think those casual fans would like to see a team come out of nowhere to win it.

Edited by LSHMEAB

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

the Yankees from 1921 to 1964 whips anything you want to dream up for the Patriots.

15 pennants in 18 years

And 10 World Series Wins during that time span to boot....

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

15 pennants in 18 years

10 World series titles is impressive and I am aware of it.  But,  The Patriots have done what theyve done up against free agency and a salary cap in a league that it is not easy to repeat in.  Just think about something, people are not really impressed with 4 straight WS championships but 4 straight SB losses is hailed as a dynasty legitimately.  That is what makes it amazing.

Again Im a Yankees fan and am well aware of what they have done.  I hate the Patriots and Im saying this.  That should tell you something.

Edited by formerlyofCtown