90s Bills legacy in serious jeopardy next year...

Big Turk

15 hours ago, pop gun said:

Yeah, I thought about this also. What is left for Brady and Belicheat to accomplish? 4 straight Super Bowls, but that only ties the Bills, NE would need to get to 5 straight to best the Bills and I sure as heck can't see that.

Can't see what? Him caring about that? 

He has won more than we lost. I like that those losers can hang their hat on that nobody will make it to the superbowl to lose it as much as them, but it's not an accomplishment I admire. They were losers. It's a stupid thing to be proud of. 

33 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

10 World series titles is impressive and I am aware of it.  But,  The Patriots have done what theyve done up against free agency and a salary cap in a league that it is not easy to repeat in.  Just think about something, people are not really impressed with 4 straight WS championships but 4 straight SB losses is hailed as a dynasty legitimately.  That is what makes it amazing.

Again Im a Yankees fan and am well aware of what they have done.  I hate the Patriots and Im saying this.  That should tell you something.

No one who can define the word dynasty considers the Bills of the 90's as one.

They aren't even close to a dynasty.

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Can't see what? Him caring about that? 

He has won more than we lost. I like that those losers can hang their hat on that nobody will make it to the superbowl to lose it as much as them, but it's not an accomplishment I admire. They were losers. It's a stupid thing to be proud of. 

No one who can define the word dynasty considers the Bills of the 90's as one.

They aren't even close to a dynasty.

Plenty of people do and making it to four straight is an accomplishment to be proud of as no other team has done it.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

18 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No they wont unseat us.  They have lose 4 straight to do that.

They proved to be the greatest team in NFL history a long time ago.  Even though I am among the minority that doesnt view Brady as the GOAT, he is the leader of the GOAT dynasty team.  SuperBowls are a team accomplishment.  I do not believe they will go to a fourth.  They should not be in this one as they were helped by BS calls.  Next season their core will be another year older and Gronk will likely retire and even though he hasnt been as dominant in the pass game he has still been a beast in the run.  They are slowly spiraling down

And what would prevent them from drafting, trading for or signing another good TE?

3 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

And what would prevent them from drafting, trading for or signing another good TE?

Gronk isnt just a good TE.  I dont think you realise how dominant he is even all banged up he mauls people as a blocker and has a license to push off.

Do you think Brady is going to improve in the offseason.  He probably will squeeze out another year or two.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

11 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

10 World series titles is impressive and I am aware of it.  But,  The Patriots have done what theyve done up against free agency and a salary cap in a league that it is not easy to repeat in.  Just think about something, people are not really impressed with 4 straight WS championships but 4 straight SB losses is hailed as a dynasty legitimately.  That is what makes it amazing.

Again Im a Yankees fan and am well aware of what they have done.  I hate the Patriots and Im saying this.  That should tell you something.

i will add the 20s and 30s to the Yankees accomplishments

and the 70s and the 90s and early 00s

that's a million times more impressive than the Pats for their run

KEEP DIGGING THAT HOLE, SPORTO!!!

and the Yankees are still decent contenders in this decade and going forward....

yeah, the Pats run is good but not what the Yankees have done

the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Celtics are better than the Pats as well

this is too easy...  :D

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

and the Yankees are still decent contenders in this decade and going forward....

Im not digging a hole.  Just because you feel a certain way doesnt make it gospel.  I stated why I feel that way, its a valid point.  If you can offer something of substance to dispute my point then Im all ears otherwise you just spund like a child and a millenial.  "Im right cuz youre wrong?"

Your opinion of yourself is much higher than your opinion of NY or the Bills.

?The kids table is that way.➡️

On 1/21/2019 at 11:32 AM, Bills!Win! said:

Does anyone else think that Brady is continuing to play into his 40's just to see if he can get to 5 straight and beat the bills record? What else does he have to play for? 

for some reason, I can only picture Brady thinking about the Bills twice a year, right before they play each other....beyond that I cannot fathom any reason he'd think about any Bills record.   Like it or not, he may very well be the greatest player ever - I didn't realize, until they said during the game this weekend, that in  17 seasons he's been to 13 AFC championship games.  That really is incredible.

Edited by chaccof

4 hours ago, chaccof said:

for some reason, I can only picture Brady thinking about the Bills twice a year, right before they play each other....beyond that I cannot fathom any reason he'd think about any Bills record.   Like it or not, he may very well be the greatest player over - I didn't realize, until they said during the game this weekend, that in  17 seasons he's been to 13 AFC championship games.  That really is incredible.

The Bills as a franchise are in his rearview mirror. Those losers in the 90s have nothing on what he has done in his career. He has won more than they lost. Any of those 90s Bills players would trade their career for Brady's, and if they said they wouldn't. They're lying. 

I also think the legacy of winning 4 straight AFC championships is safe.  The Pat's remind me of the 1993 Bills in that they're clearly sliding but have one last gasp left in their dynasty. 

I think the fall off in the Pat's and particularly in Brady's play next year will be dramatic.  Best I see for the Patriots is 10 - 6 and a wild card next year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

Not for nothing but there were only 12 teams when the celts were winning in the 60s. Hockey only had 6. Add that Montreal had a huge adv. since they owned all the development leaques to get players from.

If someone is smart, they'd go after the NFL's first year 1920 Buffalo All Americans pendant I posted on here and parade it.  Buffalo easily has a claim to the 1920 and 1921 championships.

https://auction.lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=90440

10 days left.  Ockie Anderson was a legend in his time.

Those two seasons dwarf what Levy and Kelly have done in Buffalo, in my opinion, from a 100 year perspective.  Buffalo has the right to be an original NFL town like Green Bay and Chicago.  Actually, moreso than Green Bay, since the Packers joined in 1921.

The town of Pottsville, PA, still wants recognition for their title in 1925.  Here's a ring from that team for their title.  Not made of gold or silver because the retired players couldn't afford it, I was told.  One player did have his made of silver.

https://auction.lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=90443

The NFL will be in it's 100th season next season.  Might as well claim the first 2 titles in 1920 and 1921, given the circumstances.

Harvard created football in 1874 and 1875.  Princeton vs Rutgers in 1869 being the first game is a myth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1874_Harvard_vs._McGill_football_game

1908 Harvard unclaimed championship pendant:

https://auction.lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=90441

Harvard doesn't care to claim the 1908 title, though they are worthy.  Like I said, Buffalo fans should claim the 1920 and 1921 titles.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 1:05 AM, matter2003 said:

Its always been said that never again will a team go to 4 straight Super Bowls...

Well...New England is currently on 3 straight...if they do it again next year they would make it 4...

Bills legacy is in danger of being marginalized...

If the Pats lose this Super Bowl, they'll have lost as many as we did...with the added bonus of having won 5 on top of it, and all with the same QB.

I think that legacy already put a pretty big damper on ours :(

I kind of feel like this isn't a legacy that means anything, other than to the Bills and their fans. I mean the Bills weren't the best team in the league during any of those years, so how much pride can one take in a team that was, at best, the 2nd best team in the NFL for each of those years? IMO any team that wins one super bowl has already eclipsed anything those 90's Bills did.

Edited by Buddy Hix
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

I kind of feel like this isn't a legacy that means anything, other than to the Bills and their fans. I mean the Bills weren't the best team in the league during any of those years, so how much pride can one take in a team that was, at best, the 2nd best team in the NFL for each of those years? IMO any team that wins one super bowl has already eclipsed anything those 90's Bills did.

Yep, our only legacy that matters will be that as the 20XX Super Bowl Champions

• Awesome! (+1) 1

never understood why people said 4 in a row was "never going to happen again" when the Bills literally followed Elway's Broncos that made 3 out of 4 and a decade ago the Vikings went 3 out of 4. Dolphins made 3 in a row, Cowboys made 3 of 4 in the 70s, then 3 of 4 in the 90s, now the Patriots. 

7 times in NFL history a team has made 3 or 4 of 4 and chances are that team's good enough to have a good shot at 4 when that happens.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P