I think I would hate the Pats if the Bills were ever Good.

I see your point. I was rooting against them today and will in two weeks but I don’t hate them, I respect the hell out of them, to be honest.

It would definitely be different if the Bills had been even remotely competent over the last 20 years, but sadly they haven’t. About the only positive in the Bills ineptitude has been that I can enjoy watching the greatest player ever without hating him.

Here’s to hoping that in my lifetime the Bills figure it out.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

During their dynasty I mean.  Say if buffalo was ever good and New England’s success was stopping buffalo from being good it would make me hate the Patriots.  Is what I’m saying.

discuss.

is this worded as if you were a General Audience Viewer? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

I see your point. I was rooting against them today and will in two weeks but I don’t hate them, I respect the hell out of them, to be honest.

It would definitely be different if the Bills had been even remotely competent over the last 20 years, but sadly they haven’t. About the only positive in the Bills ineptitude has been that I can enjoy watching the greatest player ever without hating him.

Here’s to hoping that in my lifetime the Bills figure it out.

You got it figured out.  Now it’s Buffalos turn.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the OP's point is that New England's greatness in the Brady era really hasn't hurt the Bills very much in that we have been mostly terrible during the same time period.

However, if we had had a really good team, say like Kansas City right now, but could never get over the hump into the Superbowl because New England was always there to stop us, he would hate New England more than he does already.

I see what he means.  He's basically saying "Wouldn't it have sucked to be the Calgary Flames in the 1980s?"

Although they did manage to win 1 cup during their own mini-dynasty in that era.

Not sure this thought really calls for a thread of its own.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

is this worded as if you were a General Audience Viewer? 

No Bills fan.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I think the OP's point is that New England's greatness in the Brady era really hasn't hurt the Bills very much in that we have been mostly terrible during the same time period.

However, if we had had a really good team, say like Kansas City right now, but could never get over the hump into the Superbowl because New England was always there to stop us, he would hate New England more than he does already.

I see what he means.  He's basically saying "Wouldn't it have sucked to be the Calgary Flames in the 1980s?"

Although they did manage to win 1 cup during their own mini-dynasty in that era.

Not sure this thought really calls for a thread of its own.

Winner!

and yes I felt after reading the venom form the GameDay Thread this subject of New England being the “villain” or “boogeyman” was vastly over rated.

the true villains for Buffalo in the 21st Century have been Buffalo Inept Management and Ownership.

• Like (+1) 1

I hate the Pats regardless of whether we are good or not. I wish them as well as their fans the misery of losing for as long as this run has lasted and that Icy Hot be eternally in the jock strap of every player to don that jersey. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3