I think I would hate the Pats if the Bills were ever Good.

I've liked plenty of good teams and good QB's over the years. I love Peyton Manning and his success with the Colts and the Broncos. I like Drew Brees.

The Pats? Hate them. You have a head coach with the personality of a cow pie, a guy who is constantly looking for loopholes in the rule book. You have a team that is involved in multiple scandals and is continually accused of cheating (spygate, deflategate, headset problems in their stadium, etc). You have a QB who is a huge cry baby, who treats his teammates like crap, who is a sore loser refusing to shake hands after a loss (and who knew about a cheating scandal to deflate balls). And then to top it off, you have an insufferable, entitled fanbase.

People hate them because they are not likeable. It isn't only because they win. They are the evil empire.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

During their dynasty I mean.  Say if buffalo was ever good and New England’s success was stopping buffalo from being good it would make me hate the Patriots.  Is what I’m saying.

discuss.

I disagree, I find this to be very unenjoyable at this point, I only root for teams to beat the Patriots because they're making me really hate the game of football. The fact that the Pats just do the exact same things on offense every game, slants and bubble screens yet somehow James White is wide open in the flat or Edelman is wide open in the middle of the field. I don't like the Rams at all yet I find myself rooting for them to beat the Patriots for no other reason just because I'm sick of them representing the AFC. I could have just sat back and enjoyed a game and not cared who won between KC/Rams but secretly rooting for the AFC to win yet now it's the same old same old where I have to root against New England and I'm really debating doing something else on SB Sunday but that's just me. I fully recognize that Brady is the greatest of all time but I'll appreciate it more when he's gone, I want to see fresh new teams win it and not just one team make it every freakin year.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

I see your point. I was rooting against them today and will in two weeks but I don’t hate them, I respect the hell out of them, to be honest.

It would definitely be different if the Bills had been even remotely competent over the last 20 years, but sadly they haven’t. About the only positive in the Bills ineptitude has been that I can enjoy watching the greatest player ever without hating him.

Here’s to hoping that in my lifetime the Bills figure it out.

Amen, well said!

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

During their dynasty I mean.  Say if buffalo was ever good and New England’s success was stopping buffalo from being good it would make me hate the Patriots.  Is what I’m saying.

discuss.

I get it, and I agree.

I know NE is a "division rival", but there's people drinking legally now who have zero memory of an actual relevant Bills game.  I don't see NE as any different than being annoyed about Denver or Tennessee going to the SB every single year while we are garbage.  Now, if we were truly losing the division to the Pats and getting eliminated by them in the playoffs, then yes, I would truly hate them.  But they were irrelevant when we were good, now we are irrelevant, despite the division it's like 2 ships passing in the night.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I've liked plenty of good teams and good QB's over the years. I love Peyton Manning and his success with the Colts and the Broncos. I like Drew Brees.

The Pats? Hate them. You have a head coach with the personality of a cow pie, a guy who is constantly looking for loopholes in the rule book. You have a team that is involved in multiple scandals and is continually accused of cheating (spygate, deflategate, headset problems in their stadium, etc). You have a QB who is a huge cry baby, who treats his teammates like crap, who is a sore loser refusing to shake hands after a loss (and who knew about a cheating scandal to deflate balls). And then to top it off, you have an insufferable, entitled fanbase.

People hate them because they are not likeable. It isn't only because they win. They are the evil empire.

And on top of all this is the endless media fellating of the entire team - BB the greatest coach of all time, TB the GOAT, Gronk, etc. The next two weeks will be nauseating to say the least.

9 hours ago, H2o said:

I hate the Pats regardless of whether we are good or not. I wish them as well as their fans the misery of losing for as long as this run has lasted and that Icy Hot be eternally in the jock strap of every player to don that jersey. 

This guy gets it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

I see your point. I was rooting against them today and will in two weeks but I don’t hate them, I respect the hell out of them, to be honest.

It would definitely be different if the Bills had been even remotely competent over the last 20 years, but sadly they haven’t. About the only positive in the Bills ineptitude has been that I can enjoy watching the greatest player ever without hating him.

Pretty much exactly where I am at. Wasn’t even rooting against them yesterday. Watching Brady and Belichick work is just poetry in motion. I always say, sit back and enjoy the ride. It isn’t like the Bills have been good at all. So really, if anything, the Patriots dynasty has helped the Bills draft stock each year by handing them two losses ?. Brady will lose it sooner rather than later and the Bills can (hopefully) take the mantle. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

discuss.

It’s the sole reason why the Dolphins should hate the Bills...always.

one of the greatest QBs of all time and just one SB to show for it.

9 hours ago, H2o said:

I hate the Pats regardless of whether we are good or not. I wish them as well as their fans the misery of losing for as long as this run has lasted and that Icy Hot be eternally in the jock strap of every player to don that jersey. 

I call you hero with the above, H2o. May you live to be a thousand years old.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I call you hero with the above, H2o. May you live to be a thousand years old.

I think I might get his quote on print and frame it.

That might be the most hate filled take on the Patriots.. and it's legendaty.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I think I might get his quote on print and frame it.

That might be the most hate filled take on the Patriots.. and it's legendaty.

@H2o

Bark's, when reading it I actually had the image of H2o delivering it with a cold, deliberate and firm voice, without inflection and without pause or mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It’s the sole reason why the Dolphins should hate the Bills...always.

one of the greatest QBs of all time and just one SB to show for it.

If I were a Fins fan back then, I'd despise the Bills with a passion for stopping Marino time after time after time. Plus, Joe Robbie was basically Rich Stadium South back then during the regular season too, lol. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

Pretty much how I feel.  I respect greatness and history.  But had Bills been hitting a wall just because they couldn’t get passed Pats, then I would hate them more.  

• Thank you (+1) 1