Bils fans the Dee Ford appreciation thread

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yes. After review it was pretty clear that the ball did not touch either of his hands or his arm. At game speed I thought the ball hit his arm, but replay showed that it didn't.

There was an angle that showed it didn't touch his right thumb and another angle that showed it didn't touch his left thumb. What is your case that it touched him?

come on, man. Really?

It was close,  but far from the incontrovertible video evidence standard which IS the rule.  Think the Bills would EVER get that call in 100 years?

Edited by reddogblitz

3 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

I believe the win the game if it wasn't for terrible officiating. 

Every major call went the Pats way.

Besides the phantom roughing call, what other call should have been different? KC got away with a pick play resulting in a TD. The Patriots got a first down instead if an incomplete pass on second and 7.  All the replays were correct.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bring it said:

Difference between a disciplined football team and one that isn’t. The Patriots don’t beat themselves. I guess that is the one thing that bothers me about this past season. McDermott couldn’t get this team to stop the stupid penalties! It has to change if they want to playing this time of year!

Pats don’t really get the oppo to beat themselves because they get ridiculous calls going their way always in the playoffs, going back to the tuck “rule.” Granted the Ford offside was legit but the game was tainted by that point. IDK man I just don’t know anymore. After the officiating today I am kinda over it. 

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Looked like a cleanly officiated game to me except for the roughing the passer penalty for Brady.

The worst miss was the OPI in the final Chiefs TD drive on the pick play. 

I actually thought the Chiefs got the breaks from the officials in so much as there were any today and yet NE still found a way. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

It was so awfully obvious that a player could have told him or someone on the sideline yell at him. It cost them a trip to the Superbowl.

Cheatriots play well, awesome coaching TBH, but again a huge mistake by the opponents gift them a win. Crazy!

How many times has everyone said it; to beat the Patriots you have to play perfect football. 

They dont make mistakes, and when they do, they overcome them. 

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Looked like a cleanly officiated game to me except for the roughing the passer penalty for Brady.

Which just happened to decide the game. The whole day was an embarrassment for all of us football fans imo. The uncalled multiple penalty in one, and the phantom roughing the passer call have tainted this postseason beyond all repair. We R Totally ***** and need more Hamberders

16 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Which just happened to decide the game.????????

Emojis SUCK

37 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I do have to thank Ford.  The Patriots win means we are spared from fellow Bills fans complaining about never drafting Mahomes or over-valuing Sammy Watkins and Reg Ragland.  

Why you think mahomes is gonna disappear after this year, we will have to hear about not drafting him from certain bills fans for a long time , I would have much rather seen Brady lose

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

The CB for New England JC Jackson had about 3 huge penalties that all lead to KC points and should of sealed it until Dee Ford screwed it all up.

Yeah I didn’t see the entire game. I just mean in general the Pats don’t beat themselves with needless mistakes. False starts, Offside, etc... 

I respect them but still can’t stand watching them!

1 hour ago, Pbomb said:

Why you think mahomes is gonna disappear after this year, we will have to hear about not drafting him from certain bills fans for a long time , I would have much rather seen Brady lose

I’m just taking about the next few weeks, though I do think we’ve seen how you slow him down.  You keep him in the pocket and make him make quick decisions.

22 minutes ago, Bring it said:

Yeah I didn’t see the entire game. I just mean in general the Pats don’t beat themselves with needless mistakes. False starts, Offside, etc... 

I respect them but still can’t stand watching them!

Not just Ford but the entire defense.  They just allowed NE auto run right down the field. KC deserves to lose.  Fair and square 

11 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

KC had several opportunities to win this game

You're right.  The guy had a stupid play, but I really don't get the tendency of fans to point at a single player and say it was all his fault.  The referee's no call of Nickell Robey-Coleman in the Saints Rams game was a far more direct contributor to the results of that game, but the Saints had other opportunities.  It didn't have to come down to that.

7 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

You're right.  The guy had a stupid play, but I really don't get the tendency of fans to point at a single player and say it was all his fault.  The referee's no call of Nickell Robey-Coleman in the Saints Rams game was a far more direct contributor to the results of that game, but the Saints had other opportunities.  It didn't have to come down to that.

Yup

Brees had the ball at home in OT and blew it with a pick

Brady had the ball in OT on the road and marched right down the field for an easy 7 on 7 drill TD

NE still had all 3 timeouts

So KC runs 3 times for no gain, NE takes all 3 timeouts KC punts and Brady gets the ball around his 25-30 with about a minute left, down 4 against that crappy defense to win in regulation

It would not have done much other than delay the inevitable. 

People act like that was the game for sure. Far from it.

One deep PI and a few wide open completions and NE is right back in the red zone

12 hours ago, Bring it said:

Difference between a disciplined football team and one that isn’t. The Patriots don’t beat themselves. I guess that is the one thing that bothers me about this past season. McDermott couldn’t get this team to stop the stupid penalties! It has to change if they want to playing this time of year!

One thing I've come to understand about McDermott's process is that it's about continuous improvement in all areas.  That doesn't mean all areas will improve at the same time.  It means they are trying to build good habits in all areas, so that as new players arrive they learn those good habits - they're built into the team culture - and they build on that.   They keep building.

So, I agree completely about the penalties.  I found them very troubling.  However, I think if you could get McD to talk candidly about it, he'd tell you that he's working on it and his team will get better on the penalty issue.  It just doesn't happen all at once. 

Look at Belichick, the Pats and fumbling.  Within the franchise the rules are pretty clear about fumbling.  Don't do it.  Belichick has imprinted that idea in the heads of his players, so they don't fumble.   But it took Belichick years to establish the behaviors within the team so the players, including every new player, gets the message and learns.  

I hate to say it, but it's a process.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

come on, man. Really?

It was close,  but far from the incontrovertible video evidence standard which IS the rule.  Think the Bills would EVER get that call in 100 years?

That's what I thought at first too, until they showed both angles clearly showing that the ball did not touch with thumb. The thumbs we're the only part of his body that the ball could have touched. I believe the refs rightfully reversed the call. And believe me, I wish they hadn't because I hate the pats and hate Edelman particularly, and I am usually all for trashing on the refs.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The worst miss was the OPI in the final Chiefs TD drive on the pick play. 

I actually thought the Chiefs got the breaks from the officials in so much as there were any today and yet NE still found a way. 

Yeah. There was definitely a measure of letting them play. I think they missed a blatant pick play by NE too. Both teams were running a lot of them.

10 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

One thing I've come to understand about McDermott's process is that it's about continuous improvement in all areas.  That doesn't mean all areas will improve at the same time.  It means they are trying to build good habits in all areas, so that as new players arrive they learn those good habits - they're built into the team culture - and they build on that.   They keep building.

So, I agree completely about the penalties.  I found them very troubling.  However, I think if you could get McD to talk candidly about it, he'd tell you that he's working on it and his team will get better on the penalty issue.  It just doesn't happen all at once. 

Look at Belichick, the Pats and fumbling.  Within the franchise the rules are pretty clear about fumbling.  Don't do it.  Belichick has imprinted that idea in the heads of his players, so they don't fumble.   But it took Belichick years to establish the behaviors within the team so the players, including every new player, gets the message and learns.  

I hate to say it, but it's a process.  

Good post.  Helps explain "The Process" in a way that makes sense.

4 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Which just happened to decide the game. The whole day was an embarrassment for all of us football fans imo. The uncalled multiple penalty in one, and the phantom roughing the passer call have tainted this postseason beyond all repair. We R Totally ***** and need more Hamberders

Emojis SUCK

Did you just quote me in a response, then quote me again AND yourself in another response?