Bils fans the Dee Ford appreciation thread

5 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, the neutral zone infraction, for one, on Dee Ford was a killer.  Without that, we could be seeing a KC vs Rams SB.  Have to hope the Rams will be good enough, and smart enough to take care of business.

>...THE pivotal point of the game.....he got flagged and Robey-Coleman did not...but surely should have.....

Contract year for Ford too, and he was about to get paid!  Someone will still overpay- every team could use another pass rusher.  But reading the death threat sent to him- that is one ugly side of people.  Holy *****, it's just a game people

Dee Ford.   All time dumb ass bonehead.     The Chiefs should not bring him back. 

Patriots are the luckiest team in the history of the world.   I was getting excited for Mahomes vs Goff.  But now,  having those miserable bastards in the Super Bowl again diminishes my enthusiasm for the big game by about 90%.

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

NE still had all 3 timeouts

So KC runs 3 times for no gain, NE takes all 3 timeouts KC punts and Brady gets the ball around his 25-30 with about a minute left, down 4 against that crappy defense to win in regulation

It would not have done much other than delay the inevitable. 

People act like that was the game for sure. Far from it.

One deep PI and a few wide open completions and NE is right back in the red zone

KC did have other plays and opportunities to win the game.  But the penalty is about as close as you get to 1 play costing a trip to the SB.

The interception would have given them the ball on the 40 yard line with 54 seconds left.   Even if NE holds them, which is highly questionable, they likely get the ball back around their own 20 with about 30 seconds left after burning all their time outs.  Even for Brady, 80 yards for a winning TD in 30 secs with no TOs is not happening. 

It takes a great effort and discipline to beat NE in the playoffs, but KC overcame the 14 point deficit and had the game.    It's amazing that Seattle, Atlanta, and now KC all had NE beat in recent years,  and then made colossal bone headed mistakes by players and coaches to hand NE a lifeline.    It is sickening. 

31 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Chiefs defense sucked all season

Brady still threw 3 picks. 1 didn't count sadly

The story after the game is the same one we've been hearing for a decade -- Brady masterful, especially when it counts and Belichick is a genius. I mean, it's true, but it really is lazy reporting. 

If that last pick counted the narrative would have been completely different. You would have heard questions such as "When's the last time Brady threw 3 INT's in a big game? When's the last time Brady choked on a game winning drive with an INT?  When's the last time Belichick, the master of halftime adjustments, got outcoached in the 2nd half and saw his defense get steamrolled to the tune of 31 pts?

Completely different takes all because a guy lined up a 1/2 yd Offside.

It is amazing someone could be like lined up like 2 feet Offside.  Then the odds of that being on a play that results in an interception are like 1 in 200 or something.  Ridiculous.

I guess its possible Brady knew he had a free play and took a chance, never saw the replay to know.,...

Edited by mattynh

4 minutes ago, mattynh said:

It is amazing someone could be like lined up like 2 feet Offside.  Then the odds of that being on a play that results in an interception are like 1 in 200 or something.  Ridiculous.

I guess its possible Brady knew he had a free play and took a chance, never saw the replay to know.,...

If he knew he had a free play he wouldn’t have thrown a 5 yard check down. 

On 1/21/2019 at 1:51 AM, reddogblitz said:

except when they do, the Edelman muff, it gets over turned even thougn the call on the field was muff and there was no incontrovertible video evidence showing otherwise.

The non-muff muff was a clean call?

That wasn't a muff. It was the right decision to overturn it. There was not the slightest alteration in the ball's trajectory while in air at any point. Anyway, they turned it over 2 plays later and the Chiefs got the ball at roughly the same point. They then scored a TD with ease.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

Probably one of the most dumb founding things to me to watch thee players that have been playing for so many years make the easy mental error mistakes.  there are few of them they heard coaches continually reminding them on plays watch the ball know the snap count DONT line up offside and it is amazing that certain players have issues recalling this.

IIRC I think I read he had lined up 4 times offside this year, ughhh

On 1/21/2019 at 12:02 AM, MJS said:

Looked like a cleanly officiated game to me except for the roughing the passer penalty for Brady.

Yeah, but for me I really didn't like the pass to Hogan wherein you clearly see the ball was starting to come out of his control and was only saved by hitting the ground so he could regain control.  That getting upheld after review was ridiculous.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yeah, but for me I really didn't like the pass to Hogan wherein you clearly see the ball was starting to come out of his control and was only saved by hitting the ground so he could regain control.  That getting upheld after review was ridiculous.

That was a close play. I don't think there was clear evidence that he didn't have control. I agree with letting the play stand.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/20/2019 at 10:42 PM, Bring it said:

Difference between a disciplined football team and one that isn’t. The Patriots don’t beat themselves. I guess that is the one thing that bothers me about this past season. McDermott couldn’t get this team to stop the stupid penalties! It has to change if they want to playing this time of year!

Patriots 6 penalties for 61 yards

Chiefs 4 penalties for 28 yards.

Nice try though.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:08 AM, Shaw66 said:

One thing I've come to understand about McDermott's process is that it's about continuous improvement in all areas.  That doesn't mean all areas will improve at the same time.  It means they are trying to build good habits in all areas, so that as new players arrive they learn those good habits - they're built into the team culture - and they build on that.   They keep building.

So, I agree completely about the penalties.  I found them very troubling.  However, I think if you could get McD to talk candidly about it, he'd tell you that he's working on it and his team will get better on the penalty issue.  It just doesn't happen all at once. 

Look at Belichick, the Pats and fumbling.  Within the franchise the rules are pretty clear about fumbling.  Don't do it.  Belichick has imprinted that idea in the heads of his players, so they don't fumble.   But it took Belichick years to establish the behaviors within the team so the players, including every new player, gets the message and learns.  

I hate to say it, but it's a process.  

Deflated balls are easier to secure.