Who’s watching the super bowl

1billsnut

I'll watch because I don't want to miss something potentially great

Last year's SB was great with the perfect ending

McVay is a very good coach who has the benefit of being young and not just doing things a certain way because that's what you do like so many other coaches

He is unpredictable. Rams are loaded with talent. So I give them a decent shot.

1 hour ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Keep in mind, people said the same thing last season.  Philadelphia was an underdog and Belichick was going to school Foles into having a bad game.  Jim Schwartz’s defense has never been very effective against Brady, and the secondary with Ron Darby and Cory Graham were going to burned by Brandon Cooks and Gronk.  How’d that work out?

Two out of three, I’d say.

I call bull#### on those who say you won’t watch.  As a football fan, you follow the sport all year and then when it gets to the biggest spectacle in sports, you do something else?

Then when everyone is talking about the game the next day, you chime in with how you watched Seinfeld reruns instead?  Or how you spent the day at the antique store with your wife?

lol

Edited by LabattBlue

50 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I disagree about Titans/Rams

The Rams were a flash of brilliance with Warner and the Greatest show on turf, after being a joke most of my football watching life.  

I was still a bit bitter at the Titans for music city miracle.

As far as Super Bowl zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz match-ups, I got

Giants Ravens

Steelers Cardinals

Colts Bears

Buccaneers Raiders

it was a SB with two surprise teams in a lousy year that i didn't care about at all heading into it

2 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

don't want to but hard to avoid. kind of pisses me off there has been maybe 2 super bowls in the past 20 years that I could just enjoy and not give a ***** about the outcome.

Interesting take. Mind telling me specific SBs? I've particularly enjoyed the Giants bowls, Eagles, Ravens, Seahawks.. bunch of birds mostly. Not so much Steelers and Pats wins but that's just about it.

Eagles last year rivals my 2007 Giants SB as best SB outcome ever (in my limited years). 

Unless of course you're just talking Pats I totally get that. Anything else you got beef with?

EDIT: I misread your post. You want to be totally nuetral in a game. I'd say a) that's difficult, and b) teams beating the Patriots in the SB is much much more satisfying I like caring about the outcome!

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

sometimes i say the heck with it

but i have never voluntarily skipped an NFL playoff game since the 1973 season

yesterday was one of the best days ever, 2 great displays of talent that went to OT

if i stop now i can be happy and not feel ripped off ever again, as if...

i really enjoyed the games yesterday too.  not the outcomes, but it was entertaining football.  i'm not so locked in like a bills game, but this is it for months.  i want to get my fix in.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, teef said:

i really enjoyed the games yesterday too.  not the outcomes, but it was entertaining football.  i'm not so locked in like a bills game, but this is it for months.  i want to get my fix in.

for the Bills its fine to get locked into it with all you've got

i got my football fix of great QBs and good games yesterday

sure were owed it after the College Bowl and NFL Playoff runs heading into yesterday

12 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I'll be rooting for Andrew Whitworth. One of my favourite players, a tremendous technician and an upstanding guy off the field.

It could potentially be his last game at the age of 37. If so, I want him to go out on top.

Same. And all those years in Cincy he got almost zero attention from anyone in the media or any of the talking heads. He has been an outstanding football player his whole career. Nobody deserves it more than he.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Same. And all those years in Cincy he got almost zero attention from anyone in the media or any of the talking heads. He has been an outstanding football player his whole career. Nobody deserves it more than he.

Shouldn't be a shock to anyone that knows Whit that he found a kindred spirit in Kyle Williams. Both guys are cut from the same cloth.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2018-kyle-williams-bills-andrew-whitworth-rams-ruston-louisiana-lsu-friends/rbry4kj5zbe9139zrffrauu9q

47 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

If you watch this disgusting excuse of a form of entertainment than you are crazy. It would be better watching someone shoot your dog.

Do you mean American football in general?  Or the Superbowl in general?

Or Superbowls in which the Patriots play?  Or games which are played by teams which wrongly advanced due to officiating error?  

What are you saying, Tatonka?

Edited by Nextmanup

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Do you mean American football in general?  Or the Superbowl in general?

Or Superbowls in which the Patriots play?  Or games which are played by teams which wrongly advanced due to officiating error?  

What are you saying, Tatonka?

I am saying I do not want to watch the Patriots win and the listen to the Brady love fest. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

I am saying I do not want to watch the Patriots win and the listen to the Brady love fest. 

Got it.

I think a lot of people feel that way.

I think they are calling it "Patriots Fatigue" like it's a documented phenomenon.

I will watch, but if it turns into a blowout, I'll stop watching.

And if NE wins and I'm still watching at the end of the game,  I will turn the TV off faster than you can say "Patriots suck" so I don't have to see any celebrating.

18 hours ago, 1billsnut said:

After watching the first game, knowing it should be the Saints........ and now the Cheatriots.... I don’t think I will even be able to watch. 

Can someone with more smarts than me make this a poll?

I just posted this on another thread too. I'm with you man I'm not watching this year. I don't give a good goddamn.

20 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I've gone skiing on a few Super Bowl Sundays. I usually get back (Mountain Time) just after kickoff. But something weird happened last year - lift lines were longer than on previous Super Bowls, traffic was heavier. Patriots fatigue? Everyone caught onto my idea and ruined a good thing? 

We skied last year during the Super Bowl. I watched the game after I found out Pats* lost. Good time with the family instead of stressing over a game.