Who’s watching the super bowl

1billsnut

Seen this story too many times.  A-holes beating up morons.  

The Patriots, a team with absolutely no personality playing teams with no clue how to stop a middle aged WR (who looks like he smokes at halftime and lives under a bridge) from taking an inside release.

Tom Brady we all know loves football and has a beautiful family and a creepy life coach and eats a meow-mix diet, but that's all we know because he's said nothing remotely interesting ever during his illustrious football career.

And Bill Belichick, can't wait for his HOF acceptance speach.  It should run about 35 seconds and be as inspirational as a McDonalds manager pre-shift pep talk ('ok kids, let's do your job today!')

And the Rams, with all their young players and innovative coaches are going to just get chewed up.  Wade Phillips isn't going to listen to Tony Romo, who called every one of NE's plays on the game winning drive.

No, like every other DC NE has faced, Wade is going to come up with some type of free-style zone defense that will let tiny little white receivers run with abandon across the middle of the field, like fleas on a fat dog's belly.

And at some point, the Rams will stop the Patriots on offense, and you'll let yourself believe that maybe the fun and chaos are finally coming back to the game.  That players with skill AND personality will make the game interesting again.  That you can watch a game between two non-Bills teams and not feel the need to commit hari-kari if the wrong team wins.  

But, no, FLAG.  Refs call Suh for roughing-the-Brady and Eddleman catches yet another middle seam pass for another TD.

So I'm watching for sure, but more for scientific reasons.  I want to be there to see the NFL finally, permenently calicfy into the No Fun League. 

Oh, and cheese dip.  The SB cheese dip is also good.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Of course I will be watching. I am kind of hoping life has a funny fate in store for Brady and the Pats. It started with a last second FG to beat the Rams. Maybe only a last second defeat to the Rams in the Superbowl can end the dynasty? 

It would be fitting. 

I'll be watching my video of SB 25 that's edited to have the alternative Norwood kick that they did for the 30 for 30 documentary. 

Just to fully brainwash myself that it's all happening live I'll spend the morning watching early 90s programming on YouTube, as well as archived footage of the Gulf War. 

As much as I really don't want to, I will.  I'm tired of seeing the patsies playing in the SB.  Just want to enjoy the game without caring who wins.

Just hate the fact that a few missed plays (Offside, phantom roughing the passer) helped them get back.  I know good teams make good things happen, but how many good things can happen to one team?  From the tuck rule to last night, tired of it.

I predict a blow out by the patsies, so will watch until its unwatchable.

9 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Would Brady retire if the Pats won so that he could go out on top? I don’t think he wants to still play if he’s not an elite player 

Here’s my silver lining, and maybe wishful thinking.   Since Josh McDaniels backed out of the Indy job and turned down interviews so far this year, has he possibly been promised that this is Belecheat’s last year and he’ll take over?  If BB wants to go out a champion, I’d be more accepting of a Pats win if it meant he would be gone. Same with Brady, although he has continuously said he wants to play a few more years.

14 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Here’s my silver lining, and maybe wishful thinking.   Since Josh McDaniels backed out of the Indy job and turned down interviews so far this year, has he possibly been promised that this is Belecheat’s last year and he’ll take over?  If BB wants to go out a champion, I’d be more accepting of a Pats win if it meant he would be gone. Same with Brady, although he has continuously said he wants to play a few more years.

They will be back next year. Neither Brady and BB want to be first to retire.

Edited by boco357

19 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

thats has been my theory for a year now.  

Lets see what happens in the next month (give teams 1 or 2 weeks to interview)  

EDITED

The Miami Dolphins are the last remaining NFL team without a head coach in place for the 2019 season, but they apparently have their target.

The Dolphins have narrowed the focus of their search to New England Patriots defensive coach Brian Flores, according to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Probably.   Just because it's the Super Bowl.

But yesterday took my enthusiasm for this sport down another notch.

I've often stated that officiating was the worst part of professional football.  And yesterday was a historic screw-up, which will go down as one of the worst blown calls ever.  I don't want to hear about how good the rest of the game was, or how the Saints had other chances.  If the refs make the call they should, the Saints are in the Super Bowl.  The Rams simply don't belong there, and I can't cheer for a team that has no business even being in the game.

On the other side, the inability for other AFC teams to knock off the Patriots and their 40-year-old QB is embarrassing.  It's  been the same script/story for almost 20 years now.  I don't even have the emotion to get happy or upset watching these games anymore.  I had zero excitement when the Chiefs took the lead, because I knew what was going to happen.  And when the Patriots won the game, I just shrugged and turned off the TV.