NRC on the “non-call” (Update: FINED!)

YoloinOhio

It was an egregious error, but...

Attach47800_20190120_203400.jpg

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

The Hogan play could  have been called either way.

The other two were bad calls but the Brady call at real speed was unbelievably close. The announcers called it roughing the passer and it looked that way to me too. It was only after the slo-mo replay that the announcers and everyone else too, could see it wasn't a head hit. The officials don't get the benefit of slo-mo.

The Chiefs made a lot more mistakes than the officials did.

The official wasn't even in a position to make that call.  He was behind Brady.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

When the beneficiary of a bad (non) call says it was a bad call, you know the officials rot.

who is saying it wasn't a bad non-call?

so what do (or did you) do in real life when this happened to you or your actual team you were playing for??

1)  quit right on the spot and spend the rest of your life tearing the scab off?

or

2)  suck it up and play harder?

what do you tell the kids you are coaching, or your son or daughter when a call goes against them... QUIT and grumble the rest of your life?

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

How the hell did that look like roughing the passer? 

Complete bull ***** call.

It completely looked like roughing the passer, a hit to the head. Until the video was slooooooooooooooooooooooowed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.

It was a wrong call but extremely close. Which is why the announcers also got it wrong till they saw the slo-mo.

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

so what do (or did you) do in real life when this happened to you or your actual team you were playing for??

1)  quit right on the spot and spend the rest of your life tearing the scab off?

or

what do you tell the kids you are coaching, or your son or daughter when a call goes against them... QUIT and grumble the rest of your life?

I didn't think anything about my post said I thought anybody disagreed with me.  If you're trying to pick a fight, you came to the wrong place.  

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It completely looked like roughing the passer, a hit to the head. Until the video was slooooooooooooooooooooooowed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.

It was a wrong call but extremely close. Which is why the announcers also got it wrong till they saw the slo-mo.

Yep.  I think NE gets a ton of calls that go their way during the regular season, and certainly more than other teams to the point where it almost looks like the league is trying to help them.  I do not believe the conference championship or SB are games where the league will show any type of favoritism.  The roughing the passer call in the 4th Q was a bad call that the official shouldn't have made since he was not in the right position to see it, though he apparently thought he was.  Just a bad call.  The Chiefs have only themselves and their poor defense to blame for this loss.

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed.

It was an awful missed call, but Peyton and the Saints acted as if the game was over at that point. They sulked the rest of the game. Bad call, but ***** move on.

it's hard but you gotta suck it up and get over it right on the spot and continue

5 hours ago, #34fan said:

:lol:  Then you're as blind and/or corrupt as the officials are.

Robey got away with a broad-daylight mugging.  -Hogan did not catch that ball. -Brady didn't receive a blow anywhere near his head.

The officiating was outrageously biased.

There are missed things in every game. Hogan did catch the ball. If you are unbiased you would see that there is no way they can over turn that one. They correctly overturned his next catch. Robey Coleman play was a miss and roughing the passer on Brady was indeed a bad call (due to the refs having a bad angle), but for the most part they let the guys play and got calls right.

There are a bunch of butt hurt fans here that are incapable of watching a football game without bias.

32 minutes ago, row_33 said:

or

seems aside from brown nosing the patsies** the way you have around this joint you also seem to feel the need to grumble about those grumbling. you have spent a lot of time doing that so why not take some of your own advice there patsie** lover?

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

seems aside from brown nosing the patsies** the way you have around this joint you also seem to feel the need to grumble about those grumbling. you have spent a lot of time doing that so why not take some of your own advice there patsie** lover?

fan since 73, so you are in your 50s?

and you behave like this?

tsk tsk tsk, shame on you....   ?

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

fan since 73, so you are in your 50s?

and you behave like this?

tsk tsk tsk, shame on you....   ?

says who? you? LOL

way to to shake it off mac, way to try and twist my point by the attempt at being above it all. you're a real trip and nearly 20,000 bs posts in less than two years. you have entirely too much time on your hands, way too much. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

On the drive where the Rams tied it 20-20, there was in fact a pretty obvious facemask on goff that wasn’t called that probably cost LA 4 points. This isn’t to excuse the NRC call, which literally decided the game and was therefore more important (and more blatant).

I actually look at it this way...........Brees chucked that ball where the DB should have easily intercepted it.........NRC made a moronic panicked play...... but it wasn't a good passing play that got fouled up by a desperate jersey tug or something that ball was going to have to go THRU a DB to get caught.  

My general impression of that game was that the Rams had been the better team.    Same with the Pats in their game.    The Saints actually got outplayed in both of their games IMO.    I'd like to see much better officiating for sure.......and I wouldn't be happy as a fan of a playoff team with all the contact that is allowed after a season where it was forbidden....... but the better teams won.

• Like (+1) 1

...anybody catch this article by good 'ol Florio?....imagine the uproar if The Commish stepped in or the precedent it would set?.....he also wrote an article about adding a video replay official to every crew.....make ONE game a three day mini series....SMH...........

Commissioner has authority to take action over Rams-Saints outcome, in theory

Posted by Mike Florio on January 20, 2019, 11:51 PM EST

So what can the NFL do about the outcome of the Rams-Saints game? Probably nothing. Bad calls happen. Sometimes, bad calls have bigger consequences than others.

Still, there’s language in the rulebook that could, in the right circumstances, allow the Commissioner to take extreme action in the face of a grossly unfair result.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/4/