NRC on the “non-call” (Update: FINED!)

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Very shady officiating in both games.  The shield probably thinks more people will watch a Rams-Patsy matchup. 

Ticket sellers actually reported otherwise before the games. Best scenario for them was Chiefs/Saints.

I think best scenario for TV was Pats/Rams, though. Boston and LA TV markets are much bigger than KC and NO.

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

That was a bad missed call in the first game

oh well

Wasn't a missed call. The objective was Rams INT or incomplete pass. No-call was a foregone conclusion.

Some of y’all may recall my frustration with the nfl last season after the Atlanta-NOLA Thursday night game where the former falcons player turned official made some pretty bold calls down the stretch. Oh, yea, that dude was on the crew again today and his other team was the rams. 

It it still shocks me that former players can ref their own teams games. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Some of y’all may recall my frustration with the nfl last season after the Atlanta-NOLA Thursday night game where the former falcons player turned official made some pretty bold calls down the stretch. Oh, yea, that dude was on the crew again today and his other team was the rams. 

It it still shocks me that former players can ref their own teams games. 

I didn't catch (or forgot) your comments from last year .

A former player is an official? What capacity?

Shocking sounds like an understatement. I wouldn't expect former players to be eligible to officiate at all.

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

Very shady officiating in both games.  The shield probably thinks more people will watch a Rams-Patsy matchup. 

Bull. Those were some of the cleanest officiated games I've ever seen. They made some mistakes for sure, but they did a surprisingly good job.

On this particular play under question, definitely a missed PI. But plays like that are missed all the time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Yea sure was ?

it was the EJ turnover game where we should’ve won

i wonder why that was?

The NFL is making Jacksonville into London's team. Works out a lot better for marketing for the Jags to win that game, and miraculously they did.

NRC. One of 5 guys McDermott and Beane ran off that started and made big plays today.  And that's not counting the QB they chose NOT to draft.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Bull. Those were some of the cleanest officiated games I've ever seen.

:lol:  Then you're as blind and/or corrupt as the officials are.

Robey got away with a broad-daylight mugging.  -Hogan did not catch that ball. -Brady didn't receive a blow anywhere near his head.

The officiating was outrageously biased.

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is a good dude. 

Yep, hope he wins a SB.

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

What area's that, the field of play?

You would be able to watch the whole field?  My goodness, how come you're not an NFL referee, yo'd be the best ever!

11 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

Not sure how to fix the game but maybe one foul flag given to the head coach to throw to review calls and non calls. Refs suck

A lot more mistakes are made by the players than by the refs.

MIstakes are part of the game. Coaches, refs, players, hell, I'm sure the waterboys miss a guy here and there. It's humanity. We ain't perfect. Fans too.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

:lol:  Then you're as blind and/or corrupt as the officials are.

Robey got away with a broad-daylight mugging.  -Hogan did not catch that ball. -Brady didn't receive a blow anywhere near his head.

The officiating was outrageously biased.

The Hogan play could  have been called either way.

The other two were bad calls but the Brady call at real speed was unbelievably close. The announcers called it roughing the passer and it looked that way to me too. It was only after the slo-mo replay that the announcers and everyone else too, could see it wasn't a head hit. The officials don't get the benefit of slo-mo.

The Chiefs made a lot more mistakes than the officials did.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

A lot more mistakes are made by the players than by the refs.

MIstakes are part of the game. Coaches, refs, players, hell, I'm sure the waterboys miss a guy here and there. It's humanity. We ain't perfect. Fans too.

That was the easiest type of call to make in real time. The refs are watching as the ball is released. They see the WR get laid out before the ball gets there. They throw the flag. Easy.

It doesn't get easier than that.

They made the simple decision beforehand to hold their flags for that play. 

Doing that sometimes bites them in the ass because a stupid play is made that they would normally easily throw the flag for.

But there's no repercussions because of ignorant fans. The Boston and LA metropolises will blissfully tune in and watch the SB ads.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The refs owed Nuke a solid....

Would of, could of, should of....

Aaaarrgghh, I couldn’t let it go!

It’s would’ve, could’ve, should’ve!!  You should’ve stayed awake in English class so you would’ve known this!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Lurker said:

Let's get rid of the players while we're at it...

The referees are a liability in the business.  As a fan, who cares how the calls get made as long as they are the right ones. Human error is just too much of a factor in the outcome of the game. 

Fans come to see the players not the referees. A change is needed. Imagine if that call was against Buffalo in their next playoff game...

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Bull. Those were some of the cleanest officiated games I've ever seen. They made some mistakes for sure, but they did a surprisingly good job.

On this particular play under question, definitely a missed PI. But plays like that are missed all the time.

This is sarcasm, right?  In the first game in particular numerous helmet-to-helmet hits were missed, as well as an obvious late hit by Donald on Brees.  It was putrid officiating.