Don't tell me the NFL (and pro sports in general) aren't rigged....

bills6969

Would not  be surprised at all to find out the league and games are fixed., but not because of this play. I have seen enough bad calls all year long just wat hung the Bill's play, or the Pat's, that I think it's more the refs are incpmpetent humans and going to miss things, and with all the cameras and angles the TV stations have, we will see it more then before because the cameras can catch everything....

Saints should have had the game in hand already at that point anyway.....

37 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

LA vs. Boston .....wait this isn't basketball. I don't want any parts of it.

yeah stop that!......Kings --Lakers,,,the ref a convicted gambler and Kobe getting the foul call everytime a king player breathed within 5 yds of him.

9 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

I really think the ref who missed it gets gassed. I do. I realize there are going to be missed calls. But you cannot miss that. It was so blatant. There's no way he keeps his job. Zero chance. Nor should he.

the other refs were there too...enough for a discussion

4 minutes ago, Tcali said:

yeah stop that!......Kings --Lakers,,,the ref a convicted gambler and Kobe getting the foul call everytime a king player breathed within 5 yds of him.

the other refs were there too...enough for a discussion

Correct me if I am wrong. But I thought the ref who wasn't in the atea cannot throw a flag?

This is silly.. They let BOTH teams play all game. They were not calling all kinds of penalties for BOTH teams. I watched as a fan since I didn’t care who won but I wanted whoever won the win the super bowl. 

New Orleans got away with quite a few penalties as well 

• Like (+1) 1

The call was missed, but what is for sure is that former Bills players are dominating in the championship games. First NRC made the play against the Saints, and now Reggie Ragland intercepted the Patriots at the goal line. This is a good sign for the future. The Bills know how to develop players.

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

You saw about 6 replays of the obvious missed call.  What you don't see nearly as clear is where exactly all the officials were standing and what direction they were looking.  Was it rigged, no but totally bad missed call that likely would have won the game for NO.

I'm sure each official within the crew has specific things to look at, likely one of them job is to watch the sideline, another is something different.  Could be the one who was supposed to be looking at contact turtned to look at something else??

There's always going to be obvious missed calls, maybe the solution is each team gets one penalty challenge per game.  Based on today's replay rules, you can't do anything about that.  Maybe it's time to change that to allow it to be reviewed.

That's fair, but to think there was not one official in the area to see a pass int AND helmet to helmet hit with under 2 minutes left in the NFC championship defies logic. When you factor in that the game was literally on the line it becomes even more unbelievable.

Add that to different games being officiated in different ways, you end up with what you get, a product most people don't trust to get it right.

• Like (+1) 1

Total BS The Saints got SCREWED !! plain & simple that ref should be fired I'm boycotting the Super bowl because the true winner of that game is not going to be in it !!

It totally sucks the competition committee needs to change the rules on replay & they only need 1 video to change it , that one call changed the entire career for Brees he could have in all possibility won 2 SB's but because of 1 num nut he'll be home like us watching when they should be playing !! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

Clear evidence today by that atrocious missed DPI.    The worst missed call I have ever seen in a football game and its not even debatable.   Obviously, the refs were instructed to manipulate the game for a favorable Rams outcome. 

There will be corruption in any organization with a lot of $$$$ - I have no doubt there is funny business happening within the NFL FO.

My disagreement is based on when did you see good officiating This year? If the problem is consistent throughout the year it is most likely simply the officials are old men with bad eye sight who are constantly out of position to make proper calls. The NFL has truly become the worst officiating pro league in America.

28 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Correct me if I am wrong. But I thought the ref who wasn't in the atea cannot throw a flag?

I am not saying you are wrong but it would have to be a fairly recent change. When at games i often was pissed when the away official would call something that someone closer could see better. Normally it is closest but i am pretty sure it does not have to be.