Don't tell me the NFL (and pro sports in general) aren't rigged....

bills6969

46 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

So the NFL has enacted a conspiracy to cheat a popular team (the Saints) for a team that can’t fill half its stadium to play against a team that everybody outside of New England hates? 

Conspiracies are possible. But I fail to see how a bad call equates to “clear” or “obvious” evidence of anything but bad officiating. Your logic is questionable at best.

The Saints may be a popular team, although not much more popular then most other teams in the league, but you dont think the NFL would rather have the Rams in the SB to help push their popularity and sell more tickets to their new stadium? What does the league gain with the Saints playing in the SB?

It wouldnt shock me to find out the league tries to push certain outcomes, but I dont think this play was part of some conspiracy to cost them the game. It was just another example of a missed call and poor officiating.

Best way to solve the problem with officiating, have a crew on the field that are in touch with a crew in a booth upstairs who are watching the game from above and can contact the guys on the field about what they see happening. Eliminate the review process they have now and just have a video crew assisting up top

11 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The Saints may be a popular team, although not much more popular then most other teams in the league, but you dont think the NFL would rather have the Rams in the SB to help push their popularity and sell more tickets to their new stadium? What does the league gain with the Saints playing in the SB?

It wouldnt shock me to find out the league tries to push certain outcomes, but I dont think this play was part of some conspiracy to cost them the game. It was just another example of a missed call and poor officiating.

Best way to solve the problem with officiating, have a crew on the field that are in touch with a crew in a booth upstairs who are watching the game from above and can contact the guys on the field about what they see happening. Eliminate the review process they have now and just have a video crew assisting up top

"the league" is, solely, the owners.  Why would any owner, other than the ones receiving those "certain outcomes" agree to this kind of scheme.

That's where all of this silly "rigged' "conspiracy" theories immediately fall apart.  It is a ridiculous suggestion.

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"the league" is, solely, the owners.  Why would any owner, other than the ones receiving those "certain outcomes" agree to this kind of scheme.

That's where all of this silly "rigged' "conspiracy" theories immediately fall apart.  It is a ridiculous suggestion.

You are assuming that the owners care about their team only and not the shared revenue from the league. So much revenue is shared to even things out that it doesnt really matter how well their own teams do if the league itself is making money. You might be surprised what people will do if it means they will make more money somehow......

I would hope that if it was rigged, they might be a little more subtle than to wait till the end, then do something so blatant and stupid. Maybe I give them too much credit. But I doubt it. 

But that moon landing? Who are they trying to kid? 

22 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

]You are assuming that the owners care about their team only and not the shared revenue from the leagu So much revenue is shared to even things out that it doesnt really matter how well their own teams do if the league itself is making money. You might be surprised what people will do if it means they will make more money somehow......

This conspiracy talk is ludicrous. It's lunatic talk that could get one committed to an institution that has locked cells and bars. How are the owners going to conspire? Are the owners going to sit around the boardroom with their spread sheets and revenue data indicating what outcomes are the most financially rewarding?

Do you know what would quickly kill the golden goose that enriches every owner? An illegal conspiracy that couldn't be kept quiet and would not only publicly destroy the game but also would bring in the feds with their army of lawmen to put away the fools involved in such a zany scheme. 

My recommendation to you is to take off your tin foil hat to ward off the moonbeams that is driving your lunatic thoughts. I don't mean this as a personal condemnation but you are being ridiculously silly. 

Google 'NFL is entertainment', that was their legal defense in a real civil suit. This is not to say I believe the NFL is rigged, but it is interesting they used that defense instead of defending the integrity and fairness of their games.

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

You are assuming that the owners care about their team only and not the shared revenue from the league. So much revenue is shared to even things out that it doesnt really matter how well their own teams do if the league itself is making money. You might be surprised what people will do if it means they will make more money somehow......

What??

Of course they care about their team onlY!!  The shares revenue is guaranteed.  Nothing to worry about there.  Winning translates into more march sold (not shared).

Zero chance owners would sign off on a handful of teams dominating the NFl.. Zero point zero.  Because it  would cost them money in march and team valuation.

Crazy talk