Don't tell me the NFL (and pro sports in general) aren't rigged....

bills6969

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Complaining about the refs is more important to most fans than enjoying great football games

B word B word botch birch B word is all they do

The first game was enjoyable.  But when a blown call changes the outcome .....  then I / we have valid points to b itch about 

The latter game ... someone breathed on Tom and got a RTP call.  

Shades of the TUCK rule.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I must be missing something:

no team, in any sport, in any century, has had anywhere near the success the Patriots have enjoyed. Talent aside, how does a team fall into so much luck and good fortune for over a decade? 

It just doesn’t make any sense 

I think you are missing the Celtics, Yankees and UCLA Bruins basketball...

11 hours ago, SMAKCruiser said:

The 1999 Cup Finals say hello!

You shouldn't have let a guy like Hull sit in your crease. 

Maybe if a Sabre would have made a play in what, the other 100 minutes of that game, we wouldn't be talking about it

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think the NFL is actually a worse entertainment product today then before replay was created. Replay does little to ensure that the game isn't decided by a bad call; it simply shifts the types of bad calls that decide games. Today it was a non-call on a (nonreviewable) penalty. It also destroys a lot of the exciting plays - I'm not sure MLB will ever recover from the damage done by super slo-mo on stolen bases where it would defy the rules of physics for a player to remain in contact with the bad for every split second after the "successful" steal is completed.

I disagree.

Isn't all of what we are doing right now, beefing constantly about "the NFL" on these types of sites part of the entertainment we enjoy?

Of course it is!---and the NFL depends on that.  No other pro league generates this kind of 365 day a tear passion about the tiniest of details.  Nobody cares about the NBA, NHL or MLB in their off seasons (if they even care during those interminable seasons), yet the NFL RULES the sports  news cycle all year long.

No entertainment entity in the world is better at manipulating their viewers than the NFL. 

EVERYONE says "I'll never watch an NFL game again!"----and the League knows you're lying....that you are incapable of turning away.

EVERYONE says "the NFL is dying", or "the end is coming for the NFL"....yet the league continues to destroy all other pro leagues, with gap widening, and continues to bring in record revenues.

Despite some of these owners seeming to be legit morons (at least at running their teams), it doesn't matter.  This business is idiot proof and there are enough clever owners to keep the golden goose fat.  And they have Roger Goodell as the villain fans can't hate to love enough.  He is the NFL's greatest asset.  He is paid handsomely to be the very public villain and take all the punches for Kim, Terry and the others. 

It's all genius.  "Are you not entertained?"

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's all genius.  "Are you not entertained?"

i watch sports for excellence in the playoffs and it was delivered in many Brinks trucks yesterday, i'm grateful as this happens about as often as Halley's Comet

i don't watch sports to get my piss all hot about the refs and scream at the TV

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i watch sports for excellence in the playoffs and it was delivered in many Brinks trucks yesterday, i'm grateful as this happens about as often as Halley's Comet

i don't watch sports to get my piss all hot about the refs and scream at the TV

You're missing out on plenty of opportunities.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You're missing out on plenty of opportunities.

it's really not worth it to have a heart attack 20 years before you really earned it

or punch your son or wife in the face over a game

the non-call was a lot closer than many of you would like to think. and if any of you watched any of the playoffs, this year or any of the recent past years, you would understand that PI is not called as close as it is during the regular season. in fact it typically tends to become more lax as the season wears on.

the second replay in this tweet shows that the ball was right about there. and 'd be willing to wager that if an overhead shot were found, it would show that it was even closer.

https://twitter.com/dhookstead/status/1087124161024196611

stop with this nonsense.

Edited by Foxx

Just now, row_33 said:

it's really not worth it to have a heart attack 20 years before you really earned it

or punch your son or wife in the face over a game

Well, I feel sorry for Saints fans, though of course, sports is never a justification for violence or radical despair.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, I feel sorry for Saints fans, though of course, sports is never a justification for violence or radical despair.

that was a tough call

happens sometimes

oh well, they should have locked it up with the first two drives to open the game, one a total gift

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

that was a tough call

happens sometimes

oh well, they should have locked it up with the first two drives to open the game, one a total gift

I suppose you can always make that argument. One can discover numerous places in a game where alternative results would have changed the outcome. Still, it's a bitter way to lose out on a chance at a championship.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I suppose you can always make that argument. One can discover numerous places in a game where alternative results would have changed the outcome. Still, it's a bitter way to lose out on a chance at a championship.

yup, i had my heart broken over losses and i also know i got away with things that helped me win

you suck it up and get on with life, having learned valuable lessons

this is about other people though, whom i will never meet, it's not personal to any of us who didn't lose at least $1,000 on the game

Edited by row_33

The nfl isnt rigged. it's possible a ref could try to influence the game but it would be difficult and is unlikely. 

It was just a bad call. Human error, move on. One call does not make the game.

I cannot believe how poorly some people are taking this.

10 minutes ago, Haze_21 said:

The nfl isnt rigged. it's possible a ref could try to influence the game but it would be difficult and is unlikely. 

It was just a bad call. Human error, move on. One call does not make the game.

I cannot believe how poorly some people are taking this.

one year i decided to watch sports by picking a team and putting every play under a microscope and finding fault with every single thing they did on O and D

it wasn't much fun crying about a bad strike call or traveling or interference of holding 100 times a game

a total waste of energy and mind

it is really a dumb thing to do when its the best team

sports is about recharging the batteries for the work or school week, best done in the company of friends and fans and family with whom you can drink and enjoy their company