Don't tell me the NFL (and pro sports in general) aren't rigged....

bills6969

5 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Clear evidence today by that atrocious missed DPI.    The worst missed call I have ever seen in a football game and its not even debatable.   Obviously, the refs were instructed to manipulate the game for a favorable Rams outcome. 

There will be corruption in any organization with a lot of $$$$ - I have no doubt there is funny business happening within the NFL FO.

If it was rigged they would have helped Brees and Saints get there.  More people care about him than Rams.  

Who comes up with this nonsense?  Sounds like Jack Daniels theories

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If it was rigged they would have helped Brees and Saints get there.  More people care about him than Rams.  

LA is a gigantic market tho

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

LA is a gigantic market tho

And the NFL is 100 times bigger than the LA market.  They aren’t going to risk their $100B business to keep Brees from the SB.  Rams making or not making the SB makes no difference to the “market”.  

The fact people think the NFL would risk $100B business to rig a game is silly.  No one is rigging anything lol

• Like (+1) 2

After today's games I've reached a point where I have to admit the league probably is rigged.

How else would you explain some of these calls from earlier?

In the Saints game how the hell was that not a pass interference call? Also, in the Chiefs-Pats game how bad that phantom roughing the passer? That call probably cost KC the game.

I think the NFL just wanted LA vs Boston (two big markets) in the Super Bowl .

Edited by Klaista2k
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And the NFL is 100 times bigger than the LA market.  They aren’t going to risk their $100B business to keep Brees from the SB.  Rams making or not making the SB makes no difference to the “market”. 

I 'm not so sure. The NFL has been pumping this NFL in LA thing heavily.  Ticket sales have not been great. Today's "win" probably translates into thousands of season tickets to the new Crystal Cathedral. Washing out in LA (again) would be embarrassing for Roger.

As much as I want to believe that the NFL is above board,  the constant ridiculous calls, no calls, and absurd interpretation of play reviews that seem to constantly go in favor of the Patriots does make one wonder.   This started with the "tuck rule" call that to my knowledge has never been ex for any other player than Brady.  

This has got to stop!

Been looking at a Saints forum, some fans have started a petition to get a rematch next week. Over 25k signatures so far. 

I suspect they may be waisting their time. 

If it was fixed wouldn't they have wanted a KC Rams rematch? I bet a hell of a lot of people won't even watch another SB with the Pats. Me included. 

12 hours ago, MJS said:

Bad calls in lots of games. Bad calls are just bad calls. Nothing to do with rigging the games.

12 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How any Bills fan could concoct this response is beyond me.

'Cause it's the truth and so obvious it's too dull for those who need more than the truth. And a perfect example of how nuts home-town fans are.

No way they rig any of this because it's too stupid. Monster risk for negligible reward and enough people would have to be in on it that it would be absolutely guaranteed to go public. Nobody's that stupid.

It would be like being married to Kate Upton, she has a prenup that says you get absolutely nothing if you get caught doing any form of cheating and when you're flat sober you see an unattractive woman at a party who says she's not going to do any more than kiss you ... and you somehow decide to do it. I suppose there are people out there that dumb, but the NFL knows it has a golden goose.

Edited by Thurman#1

12 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

yuuuuuup

gotta pimp that LA team. Seats to sell in a 2 billion dollar stadium ya know?

The other day I read an article about what teams the ticket brokers and travel package agents would want in the Super Bowl. They got neither team.

Their theory, backed by comments from brokers, for the AFC team was that the Patriots have been to the Super Bowl so many times that diehard fans have probably attended some and may not be as interested whereas the Chiefs haven’t been in 50 years.

For the NFC, they felt the Saints fans would be willing to even drive to Atlanta while the less interested Rams fans might be less willing to have to fly cross-country.

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I read an article the other day. It was CBS saying the best outcome would be Pats Rams. Everybody watches because they hate the Pats and want to see them lose. For the Rams it was about big market and young team. Something to that effect. Can’t seem to find it on my phone. Maybe later when I get home. 

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I 'm not so sure. The NFL has been pumping this NFL in LA thing heavily.  Ticket sales have not been great. Today's "win" probably translates into thousands of season tickets to the new Crystal Cathedral. Washing out in LA (again) would be embarrassing for Roger.

Yup, besides some fans getting a feel good story of seeing Brees in the SB, Saints being in or not being in the game does nothing for the league. Rams on the other hand, a huge market just starting to build a new fan base that will have to sell tickets for a brand new billion dollar facility, being in the SB, and winning it will be a huge boost for them.

As for KC and the Pat's, the Pat's are just the Pats and always get help from calls.

It was a horrible missed call in NO yesterday, but it's not like it was the first. And it's not like NO didnt have the chance to play defence and stop the Rams from kicking FGs to tie it, and then win it.........

• Like (+1) 1

If you look at sports across the rest of the world, it's naive to think that there isn't some degree of match fixing in the NFL. To what degree that is, I really don't know. Greed is a universal part of human nature and, as sports have become more about profits than the game, this has infected sports across the spectrum.

I would desperately hope that the no-call on NRC wasn't ignored for financial reasons. Alas, the only other alternative is that the referees are so drastically incompetent, they shouldn't be officiating in any game, let alone one of that magnitude.