Don't tell me the NFL (and pro sports in general) aren't rigged....

bills6969

2 refs with eyes watching that play and the did not throw a flag.  Rigged.   

Both refs should be fired.   

Should have 5 people in nyc watching and send message to refs that they should throw flag. 

2 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Clear evidence today by that atrocious missed DPI.    The worst missed call I have ever seen in a football game and its not even debatable.   Obviously, the refs were instructed to manipulate the game for a favorable Rams outcome. 

There will be corruption in any organization with a lot of $$$$ - I have no doubt there is funny business happening within the NFL FO.

Your first clue wasn't the 2001 season, where after 9/11 the Patriots got to the Superbowl on a rule no one had ever heard of before?

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The NFL (and pro sports in general) aren’t rigged. 

Don’t say I never told you so.

Well...not like elections, but...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Religion is kind of a conspiracy theory if you think about it - the idea that chaos and apparent disorder and injustice are in fact the work of some invisible guiding hand...

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Clear evidence today by that atrocious missed DPI.    The worst missed call I have ever seen in a football game and its not even debatable.   Obviously, the refs were instructed to manipulate the game for a favorable Rams outcome. 

There will be corruption in any organization with a lot of $$$$ - I have no doubt there is funny business happening within the NFL FO.

OK, we won't tell you.

But even if we don't, they're not. What you see is people making mistakes, which happens in every human endeavor.

• Like (+1) 1

This happens every year in the play offs. Pass interference is such a devastating, game deciding penalty that refs are reluctant as hell to call it in high profile games. A ref who blows that call goes down in history as the worst ref ever. The best example I can recall is the Bills' first super bowl. Reed was mugged all day and no flags. 

• Like (+1) 1

Why would the Saints agree to lose?

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

The Saints got too many gifts, and the refs finally stopped helping them by letting the Rams get a call. Sorry, you did not watch the game. This crew made one mistake, the rest of the game they were slobbering all over Breese and that discount Nick Saban.

Actually, NRC got away with PI on at least one other play I can recall.

This is nothing new at all, it happens all the time and nothing happens

Fans have been saying this for a while. People expect that just because its week 20 things are going to magically be better?

Its like baseball and umpires. Everyone complains about how bad they are, but they don't want to 'lose the human element' of the game and just go to computer strike zone.

Football could go to something similar and basically have every play reviewed by a team somewhere but then are going to complain that its slowing the game down

4 hours ago, bills6969 said:

I swear, I expect this from other fans, BUT NOT BILLS FANS!!!

Music City Miracle?

Shawn Jefferson's phantom 1st down catch?

PI on Henry Jones on the last play of the game against the Patriots, causing Ralph Wilson to go crazy in his box?

NAH, BRO... know your Bills history.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Bad calls in lots of games. Bad calls are just bad calls. Nothing to do with rigging the games.

Agreed. Besides, wouldn't the Saints be a more appealing national story than the Rams? 

Personally, I've had it with replay. If you have to look at a play for 5 minutes from every possible angle, freeze framing it till it's as grainy as the Zapruder film, and then come back and say it was "clear and obvious" that the call on the field was wrong, well, then I don't know what "obvious" means. I know replay isn't going away for good, but instead of all the "no challenge needed" replays (scoring plays, inside 2 minutes, etc) I'd limit each coach to 2 a game, and I'd make literally everything reviewable, including whether a penalty was committed (the Robey-Coleman play). At least the pace of the game would improve, and coaches would be very judicious about using their challenges.

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed. Besides, wouldn't the Saints be a more appealing national story than the Rams? 

Personally, I've had it with replay. If you have to look at a play for 5 minutes from every possible angle, freeze framing it till it's as grainy as the Zapruder film, and then come back and say it was "clear and obvious" that the call on the field was wrong, well, then I don't know what "obvious" means. I know replay isn't going away for good, but instead of all the "no challenge needed" replays (scoring plays, inside 2 minutes, etc) I'd limit each coach to 2 a game, and I'd make literally everything reviewable, including whether a penalty was committed (the Robey-Coleman play). At least the pace of the game would improve, and coaches would be very judicious about using their challenges.

I'd make the officials watch it in real time. Review it all you want, but no slowing it down.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'd make the officials watch it in real time. Review it all you want, but no slowing it down.

I think the NFL is actually a worse entertainment product today then before replay was created. Replay does little to ensure that the game isn't decided by a bad call; it simply shifts the types of bad calls that decide games. Today it was a non-call on a (nonreviewable) penalty. It also destroys a lot of the exciting plays - I'm not sure MLB will ever recover from the damage done by super slo-mo on stolen bases where it would defy the rules of physics for a player to remain in contact with the bad for every split second after the "successful" steal is completed.