GDT: NE**** at KC 6:40 on CBS

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

They did change the rule.  It used to be the game was over if the first possession team kicked a FG.  Now it has to be a TD or safety.  If it's a FG, the other team gets a possession.

Teams are allowed to play Defense in overtime.....

but in this game only one team was allowed to play offense in overtime.;

Gronk is like an old warhorse who although is on his last leg gives a heroic effort. 

Brady is still great. He doesn't have the lively arm any longer but he still gets the ball where it has to go. He's the smartest qb in the game. 

We had an opportunity to draft Mahomes. We passed up for a trade deal. We made a mistake. 

This was an epic game. It was great drama. 

Edited by JohnC

9 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Well, truth is the Bills need to get their sh*t together and come out and beat NE next year. We need to take care of business for once and end this miserable dynasty. It's so disgusting to watch. I'm not sure I can sit through the SB. This game already raised my NE hate to a new level and I don't know if Goff has it in him to win the SB.

I cant win with this Super Bowl. Hate the Pats and my friend is a Rams fan who told me that the BILLS will never win. SMH

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

While I am pretty devastated by the outcome those were two brilliant, brilliant conference championship games tonight in a playoffs that has not until then been much fun. 

Those are the 4 best teams in football and the ones who made the plays at the end and had the bit of luck prevailed. 

I enjoyed the games if not the results. And from a Bills perspective I don't know I suppose I feel slightly uplifted. That is the standard. Those 4 teams right there. That is where we have to get to. The Saints were  a 7 win team 2 years ago. The Rams were a mess. It can happen. That is the level we should strive for and I feel like if Allen can be the guy we have a shot. 

And a lot of that is with Coaching.   There were four brilliant coaches on the field today.  I hope the Bills have the necessary Coaching staff to get this team to the playoffs.  The talent is there(especially on the defense).  Now they have to get some weapons and protection for Allen.    The one other thing you also see in these games is the OL protecting their QB.  We need a strong OL to run the ball and protect the QB

Patriots system is superior to the rest of the NFL. But there is one solution, a concerted effort to stop Brady. Clean or not he must be hit early and often. Over the course of a 16 games if every team took that played NE took the Gregg Williams bounty approach NE wouldn’t have this old man on the field. Too many teams want to “kiss the ring”, but forget Edelman & Gronk & many before will act nice before the game, then throw elbows and cheap shots to your body during the course of play. Brady is the focal point & anyone playing “smart” would make an effort to knock him out. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

We had an opportunity to draft Mahomes. We passed up for a trade deal. We made a mistake. 

In hindsight?

Possibly.

But you can't live in hindsight. And only Texas Tech superfans and jeffismagic would have predicted the season he had. But, in the end, he came up short.

Ask Dan Marino how a career can go when you get close but no cigar.

12 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Please tell me some of you didn't sit through this entire game expecting or hoping for something other than the inevitable....

yes..the first part of knowing satan is reigning on earth is to have false hope on earthly things---such as football