GDT: NFC Championship Game Rams at Saints on FOX

Nextmanup

It was a great game until the official F'd up that call & now the Saints got SCREWED & will be sitting home when in all reality if that call was made correctly they would be playing in the big game .

Also that will be something that could change Brees career he could have 2 possibly 3 SB's if the call was made correctly . If i was Sean Payton i would be more than pissed & i would let every one at the NFL know exactly what was on my mind & wouldn't care about the fines !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, the ref blew the call,or the non call in this case. 

Sean Payton, certainly is a great coach, but today he blew it.  

First down with 1:56 left, in easy field goal range,  and he throws a quick slant taking one second off the clock.  The Rams had two timeouts left,  the best strategy would be run two plays and make them use their timeouts.  Sure you can throw on 3rd to pick up the first and run the clock down but burn their timeouts first.  So they fail to convert on 3rd (the missed PI), the Saints have a 3 point lead but the Ram have 1 time-out and 1:45 to work with.  

The rest is history.  The Rams used 1:30 and their last first down to score the tying FG. Had the Saints run those two down, and maybe even the third, the Rams have zero timeouts and about 50 seconds to work with.  

So yes, the missed PI was bad, but the Saints could have won in regulation with smarter clock management.