Mahomes expected to be the first 200 million dollar man in the NFL

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Lol, that's funny, Jerry being good signing and drafting a supporting cast for the Cowboys, lol.......

It's funny, go back 2 years and Mahommes wasnt thought of as being a great QB, even before the start of this season, no one expected much from him, then he plays and people act like we knew this was him all along and their ready to take the GOAT title from Brady and give it to him after one good season. It's not like it hasnt happened before where a QB has one great year then falls back down to earth.....

As I recall it was a very small but vocal minority banging their fists for Mahomes leading up to the draft.  And most of them were guessing based on college production and not figuring the transition to the NFL with its worts and so forth.  Mahomes would not have been close to the player that he is in KC if he was in Buffalo.  He would not have Andy Reid nor the receiving options that he has in KC.  

15 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

As I recall it was a very small but vocal minority banging their fists for Mahomes leading up to the draft.  And most of them were guessing based on college production and not figuring the transition to the NFL with its worts and so forth.  Mahomes would not have been close to the player that he is in KC if he was in Buffalo.  He would not have Andy Reid nor the receiving options that he has in KC.  

There is no possible way to know that. 

21 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

When that happens KC will turn into the current version of the Seahawks

Decent team who goes nowhere due to lack of balance and depth

Seattle made the playoffs this year.  Your takes have been terrible.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Earned?

He has played one season after sitting his first one. How has he earned to be one of the highest paid players for one season?

This is why teams get in trouble with the cap......

He’s the most valuable player in the nfl.  

He’s worth all of it.    

Unless you’re a gigantic mess of a front office like Buffalo’s who prefers trading down ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He’s the most valuable player in the nfl.  

He’s worth all of it.    

Unless you’re a gigantic mess of a front office like Buffalo’s who prefers trading down ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

It’s so crazy.  We traded up in the draft 3 times in the last 2 years.  The one time we trade down is to pass on Mahomes.  

Could have had Mahomes and JuJu without trading a pick.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Of three pages of posting this is the lone logical response.  The Chiefs window with Mahomes is now.  They just don't draft well enough and work free agency well enough to expect to win it all with the 200 million dollar man at the helm.  Having Mahomes might be a curse for the Chiefs when contract time comes because they will be damned if they do sign him (200 million dollar man can't get into the SB) and damned if they don't (Mahomes jock sniffers such as found here crying that they know he was the ingredient to make the SB).  Personally, I think that 200 million is fun to talk about just like 1 billion dollars in Powerball but don't see it happening for Mahomes unless most is not gauranteed and the team has many out clauses.  I think that 50 million dollars is the threshold and still pay several other key positions.

By the way in the demented world of the NFL the stars will align in such a way that when Mahomes does get an enormous pay day it will be a team such as the Cowboys and Jurrah will have played his cards perfectly up to that point drafting and signing the supporting cast.  Even if 200 M winds up being the figure which I am still very doubtful of happening.  Truly a sign of hell on Earth.

Actually the Chiefs are pretty well set up for consistent long term success.

The smartest teams know that for long term success your foundation needs to be on the offensive side of the ball.............that can endure for a VERY long time.......as we have unfortunately found out with the Patriots but also saw with Peyton Manning's teams and Aaron Rodgers making the playoffs 7 straight years etc..

I mean you still gotta' be decent wrt replacing personnel..........but the Chiefs had IMO the second worst defense in football and were a single play away from the SB.

They can live on that model whether they are paying the QB $30M or not.

The Seahawks are the basis for the whole "win while your QB is cheap or else" model and they were in fact the youngest team in football when they won the SB.

But the reason they fell off and had to re-tool so soon was because they were based on a defense full of superstars and success on that side of the ball is fleeting.

Bills are kind of following the Seahawks model.........defense-driven with an adequate offense lead by a "hero ball" capable QB.........THEY are probably more of the type of team who really needs to strike while the QB is young and cheap.

I suspect the Bills will be picking yet another cornerstone defender in round one again this year as that is where the best talent is.

33 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

There is no possible way to know that. 

Seattle made the playoffs this year.  Your takes have been terrible.

Any interviews I have seen regarding Reid suggests that he put Mahomes on the fast track to learning the NFL.  Even so his capabilities due to lack of experience were  evident last night as Brady had many more play options as suggested by Romo on the telecast.  Keep grumbling about not drafting Mahomes if that makes you happy.

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s so crazy.  We traded up in the draft 3 times in the last 2 years.  The one time we trade down is to pass on Mahomes.  

It's crazy how OBVIOUS the incredible mistakes that the Bills have made with Mahomes and Juju are while at the same time they may end up coming away with a core of young players who can be great in their own right.    Trading away the chance to select Mahomes in retrospect is probably the topper in terms of the Bills organization's all-time bad personnel moves(topping Lamonica trade) but it may not turn out in the normal discrepancy that bad Bills moves usually do(like Gronk/Troup bad).     

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Any interviews I have seen regarding Reid suggests that he put Mahomes on the fast track to learning the NFL.  Even so his capabilities due to lack of experience were  evident last night as Brady had many more play options as suggested by Romo on the telecast.  Keep grumbling about not drafting Mahomes if that makes you happy.

Do I think Mahomes would have 50 tds here? No.  But I think it’s so lazy to pretend like he won’t have been a really good qb anywhere.  Also, since Reid traded up to get him, that means he saw a very talented prospect.  

Mahomes passed for 284 yards in his only start as a rookie, more than Allen had in any start this year. Mahomes carried the 2nd worst defense to OT of going to the SB.  Bills fans need to just admit we passed on the next great qb.  Given some of their other offensive moves, it is very fair to question their offensive player evaluation “process.”

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I make it 4 times they traded up last 2 years

Zay 

Dawkins

JA

Tremaine

I’ll predict that they will use their 2nd round pick to trade up into the bottom of the  first this year...

Edited by Aussie Joe

5 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

No kidding. Look how long it took NO to recover from Brees' deal.

agreed unless you are being sarcastic.

Saints never recovered after Brees signed his big 100 mill deal in 2012. No Super Bowl wins and no Super Bowl appearances since.

Just like Rogers in GB.

Wilson in SEA.

Rivers in SD/LA.

Tannehill in MIA

Stafford in Detroit.

Cousins in WAS Cousins in MN

Kap in SF

Favre in GB Favre in MN Favre in NYJ

Carr OAK

Dalton CIN

Bortles JAGS

Palmer CIN Palmer in OAK Palmer in AZ

Alex Smith KC Alex Smith in WASH

Ben Rothleisberger. No Super Bowl wins since his big deal.(1 SB appearance though)

Ryan ATL(1 appearance though)

Cam CAR(1 appearance though)

That is the norm not the exception in modern FA period. Once teams give the QB the big *market rate deal the SB winning window is slammed shut. Exception the manning factor Eli 1x. and Peyton 2x.

There are many reasons why the Cheats win Super Bowls. Some good some cheating.

Big factor is *Brady takes under market deals.

If you want to argue they are Super Bowl contenders that is a diff argument but History shows the Super Bowl winning window is virtually slammed shut unless you are Mannings brothers.

Edited by cba fan

6 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Having Mahomes might be a curse for the Chiefs when contract time comes

Thank God the Bills dodged that bullet! Amirite!

26 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I don't know why but I get a Culpepper feeling with Mahomes. 

I agree. No idea why you'd feel that way. 

Let's just hope Allen is the real deal so we can put this stuff to bed.