Mahomes expected to be the first 200 million dollar man in the NFL

Meh....Aaron Rodgers made $75 million this year alone.

The 2 Mannings have made $485 million.

5 players have been payed, to date, over 200 million.

Mahomes, even with a "$200 million" contract would have to play that entire contract, and then sign another contract and then play at least a year or tow in that one just to catch up with either Manning.  And Rodgers isn;t done asking for money either....

As good as hes looked, a lot can happen between now and then. Until the next couple years play out and more seasons unfold where he looks like a 200 ml man its all speculation and imo kinda silly so early. Before someone comes along and argues hes great etc, (fwiw i dig the kid and badly wanted him, was bummed our pick landed him, and later rationalized the drafting of Allen that he is that years 'mahomes' - big arm/needs polish) this is SUCH a 'what have you done for me lately' league week to week let alone season to season....so ya just never know.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

As good as hes looked, a lot can happen between now and then. Until the next couple years play out and more seasons unfold where he looks like a 200 ml man its all speculation and imo kinda silly so early. Before someone comes along and argues hes great etc, (fwiw i dig the kid and badly wanted him, was bummed our pick landed him, and later rationalized the drafting of Allen that he is that years 'mahomes' - big arm/needs polish) this is SUCH a 'what have you done for me lately' league week to week let alone season to season....so ya just never know.

You never know what the future may hold but I see no flaws in PMs game and he routinely does things that you rarely if ever see even starting calibre QBs do. He's in a very good situation no doubt but I don't think it will ever be easy to scheme to shut him down. Today's game should be instructive in that regard though given he's going against BB.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Earned?

He has played one season after sitting his first one. How has he earned to be one of the highest paid players for one season?

This is why teams get in trouble with the cap......

I completely agree with that. If he keeps this level of production up he’s earned it. 

2 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

You never know what the future may hold but I see no flaws in PMs game and he routinely does things that you rarely if ever see even starting calibre QBs do. He's in a very good situation no doubt but I don't think it will ever be easy to scheme to shut him down. Today's game should be instructive in that regard though given he's going against BB.

Lol - lets see if he can bounce back here!! Fingers crossed 

Edited by gobills1212

5 hours ago, Matty the Dustmop said:

While he certainly has had a great season lets not get ahead of the game...what happens if he gets hurt or turns out to be a one year or two year wonder?

What are the Chiefs supposed to do, let him walk in FA or trade him away like the Bills do to their stars? 

Reward him now before they have to pay $250m or more a couple of years from now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

well not "magic" last night.   Played well but I don't recall any "no look" passes.  (unless I missed them putzing around the kitchen)

16 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This report made no sense at the time and it still makes no sense. Whaley wasn’t running tha draft and if Pegula badly wanted Mahomes the we would have taken him. Basically, LaCanfora is really bad 

you can say that again. 

oh wait ...  I just did it for you.  ;) 

5 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If Mahomes gets paid 200 mil. That team won't be able to sign enough talented players to be competitive 

Of three pages of posting this is the lone logical response.  The Chiefs window with Mahomes is now.  They just don't draft well enough and work free agency well enough to expect to win it all with the 200 million dollar man at the helm.  Having Mahomes might be a curse for the Chiefs when contract time comes because they will be damned if they do sign him (200 million dollar man can't get into the SB) and damned if they don't (Mahomes jock sniffers such as found here crying that they know he was the ingredient to make the SB).  Personally, I think that 200 million is fun to talk about just like 1 billion dollars in Powerball but don't see it happening for Mahomes unless most is not gauranteed and the team has many out clauses.  I think that 50 million dollars is the threshold and still pay several other key positions.

By the way in the demented world of the NFL the stars will align in such a way that when Mahomes does get an enormous pay day it will be a team such as the Cowboys and Jurrah will have played his cards perfectly up to that point drafting and signing the supporting cast.  Even if 200 M winds up being the figure which I am still very doubtful of happening.  Truly a sign of hell on Earth.

Edited by RochesterRob

19 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Somethings gotta give in KC.  Mahomes, Hill, Ford, Jones among others are in line for new contracts.  As Seattle proved, you can’t have that many huge contracts on one team after you resign the QB to a monster deal 

No kidding. Look how long it took NO to recover from Brees' deal.

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

By the way in the demented world of the NFL the stars will align in such a way that when Mahomes does get an enormous pay day it will be a team such as the Cowboys and Jurrah will have played his cards perfectly up to that point drafting and signing the supporting cast.  Even if 200 M winds up being the figure which I am still very doubtful of happening.  Truly a sign of hell on Earth.

Lol, that's funny, Jerry being good signing and drafting a supporting cast for the Cowboys, lol.......

It's funny, go back 2 years and Mahommes wasnt thought of as being a great QB, even before the start of this season, no one expected much from him, then he plays and people act like we knew this was him all along and their ready to take the GOAT title from Brady and give it to him after one good season. It's not like it hasnt happened before where a QB has one great year then falls back down to earth.....

• Like (+1) 1