Kareem Hunt: “Multiple teams interested” - UPDATE: Signed by BROWNS

Alphadawg7

Kareem Hunt: To sign or not to sign...  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane and the Bills pursue Hunt?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm sick of being the nice guy, I want to win football games and we have a chance to get a difference maker on offense to help us reach the SB. I've seen the video and I'm pretty sure this was a big wake up call for the young man, he made a mistake and lets see if he has learned from it. We would get a top notch young player without using a draft pick or trading for him, this is a move I'd make all day long imo.

A mistake is adding numbers wrong, not kicking a woman.

57 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Oh yah,  SHE should've done this, and SHE should have done that. -But who was the one with everything to lose?

She's a broke college kid who couldn't even buy a ride home!

Someone like that shouldn't have been worth HIS time... Why did HE choose to follow her down the hallway, instead of shutting the door once she was out?

This, plus the other incidents, tells me Hunt doesn't think before pulling the trigger.... Might work on the gridiron, but it's just a matter of time before it all goes left.

Look, I'm not going to make excuses for their actions.  They were both in the wrong and could have handled it better.  But that's what alcohol does sometimes.  Fortunately for them no one got seriously hurt so it's a teaching moment.  What they decide to do with it will determine who actually learned from it.

20 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

But he is good at playing a game, she is not

That's the way of the world.  As they say, don't hate the player hate the game.

What gives me pause about him are three possible reported acts of violence within a year as he obviously has a short fuse.  It's likely to happen again and if there's a bidding war for him forget it.  If you can sign him to a short term reasonable deal with a lot of incentives then I'm all for it.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:51 PM, #34fan said:

So the teenage girl went to his apartment that night to carry out a racist attack?  :lol:

Putting Hunt on our roster sets  terrible example for the young men we're trying to develop. It says violence against women is OK if you're gifted enough to pull it off.

I don't mind hard cases, or character issues, but I draw my line at physical violence against women.  Until more men do the same, scenes like this and worse will

continue to play out.

The Bills, not you or me, are not developing men. Save that ish for the modified team you coach.

After seeing how good the Chiefs backups played, I'm not so sure that Kareem Hunt is a world-beater with elite skills like everyone thought.

He could be a product of a good offensive scheme.

Then again, I could be wrong. We're not signing him, either way.

• Like (+1) 2

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:38 PM, GunnerBill said:

I think your reason 5 is wrong. Not in that every event involves women but it is the 2nd fight that is public knowledge and there are rumours of two other incidents too. 

I think you would have to be convinced it is a one off and I am not sure you could be. 

In light of the previous incident, I was particularly troubled by the one in question. Anytime you have to be restrained from being physically aggressive, it means you are no longer fully in control of your own behavior. For the most part (with clear exceptions), I don't believe anyone should be defined by what they do in a moment in time, as it doesn't necessarily represent who they truly are as a person. However, when it happens several times, or more, then I think it warrants cause for concern. I hope he gets another chance and proves these incidents were not truly representative of who he is. I just don't think I want my team to be the one to take that risk.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/20/2019 at 12:48 PM, LSHMEAB said:

I'd be fine with it. Not a big fan of writing guys off. Bonus; he'd help the football team. I didn't find the video particularly egregious. Charges were warranted yet not pursued, but it was a forgivable offense IMO.

If Nagy wants him, the Bills should probably want him too.

That would be cool but with one stipulation written into his contract that if any kind of domestic violence happens while in the teams employing of him that he will be suspended (along with pay) until proven guilty & if proven guilty at that time his entire contract is null & void & is immediately fired with no compensation .

3 hours ago, T master said:

That would be cool but with one stipulation written into his contract that if any kind of domestic violence happens while in the teams employing of him that he will be suspended (along with pay) until proven guilty & if proven guilty at that time his entire contract is null & void & is immediately fired with no compensation .

Not sure what kind of language you'd specifically be able to put into a contract, but I'm sure there could be some kind of conduct clause to cover something like this.

On 1/20/2019 at 1:05 PM, PlayoffsPlease said:

I  am not a big fan of employers acting as law enforcement , even the NFL.  These events happened outside the NFL, and to me are a matter for law enforcement to deal with as it sees fit. 

Thats fair, but if I get a DWI, My employer will fire me.

Thats their policy and they can do whatever they want

I voted no because I dont think it will happen. He will sign and will probably play pretty well

This guy is an iceberg and the garbage he's being charged with is just the stuff that has happened in public and on tape that everyone can see. Willing to bet he's a POS in plenty of other situations and whoever signs him will find out soon enough.

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Thats their policy and they can do whatever they want

That's fine. Should you be precluded from future employment? I could see that if you were a driver, but not an investment banker. The same way a DV counselor would be precluded from future employment in that field should they be involved in such an incident. That's not what we're talking about here.

13 hours ago, Plano said:

After seeing how good the Chiefs backups played, I'm not so sure that Kareem Hunt is a world-beater with elite skills like everyone thought.

People used to same similar things about Thurman Thomas and Kenneth Davis. Thurman was elite just like Hunt is elite and Williams is a quality NFL back. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What if the police pulled you over for suspicion of drunk driving, then let you go without charging you?  Would your employ still fire you?  Because that’s what happened to Hunt.

22 hours ago, Plano said:

Really?  I’m a big believer that most RB can be easily replaced without much drop off, as the Rams proved with Todd Gurley, among countless other examples, but I thought the Chiefs looked like a much different team without Hunt.  Probably the best back in the league this year...

• Like (+1) 1